some thoughts on thoughts.

Started by JuliaEllie, September 21, 2014, 01:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hey everybody

Im trying to make a furniture which gives thoughts to pawns around and Im horribly failing. I tried a few approaches but none worked.

1st I tried to hijack the ThoughtGiver with public Thought GiveObservedThought() - I copied it from the Gibbet_Cage AND from the Corpse class but none of them seem to work for me.

2nd I tried to add thoughts via pawn.psychology.thoughts.TryGainThought() - works fine for other classes but doesnt do anything at all in my building also I cant find any override like: Observed() or something.

3rd I tried to implement it in my global observer class and defined IntVec3s via GenRadial.RadialCellsAround() but I couldnt find a (memory saving) way to get Pawns in those IntVec3s or the cells within the IntVec3s.

4th I tried <InspectedDirectThought> out of desperation. Guess what happened.. Nothing.

Share your thoughts. Maybe Im just stupid and dont see the solution.

Igabod

I was wondering if any headway was made on this issue. I'm was thinking of doing something like this myself. Obviously it is doable in alpha 8 so my project might wait until then, but if it is possible now (on A7) without any .dll work then I might get started on it.

Igabod

Rikiki

You definitely need .dll... ;)

Here is a simplified example from M&Co. Security enforcement:

IEnumerable<Pawn> colonistList = Find.ListerPawns.FreeColonists;
            foreach (Pawn colonist in colonistList)
            {
                if (colonist.Position.WithinHorizontalDistanceOf(this.Position, maxRange)
                    && (this.GetRoom() == colonist.GetRoom()))
                {
colonist.psychology.thoughts.TryGainThought(new Thought(ThoughtDef.Named("ThoughtDefName")));
                }
            }