[WIP] Jaffa, Kree!

Started by Carnov, December 06, 2014, 09:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnov

Greetings everyone !  :)

I'm still a newbie Rimworld player but already a big fan ! I've watched out this mod section a lot, downloading some of the excellent mods here, when I got the urge to create my own mod!
Indeed, I told myself : "hey what if the planet my colonits landed on was already occupied by some Goa'ulds ?"

Which is why I am currently working on implementing a new faction : The Jaffa !
(I did wrote Goa'uld, but the faction I intend to create will be the Jaffa, as they are (when they weren't free yet !) Goa'uld soldiers !

Being a newbie modder, I can only work on XML file, so this mod won't be really complex. It'll simply add the a new ennemy factions : The Jaffa.
For now I planned a ranged soldier with the Jaffa Staff (Ma'Tok Staff) and a melee soldier with their dagger (A'tar Blade). Both of them will however wear the clasic Jaffa armor and different helmet.

For now, I can show you some of the art I already made.
At the moment, I've only made the Snake Guards Helmet, but I plan to draw the Jackal Guard and the Horus Guard, plus the basic Jaffa helmet.

And what they look ingame :

Thx for reading and feel free to give me any feedback, comment or advice!
And sorry for my bad english !

Berengar

I dont no anithing about that series, but nice texture!

JuliaEllie

I only know the original Stargate movie but those textures are great :) Although they might be a bit "over powered" because the game uses 64*64 textures and a lot of details might be lost.

Shinzy

They are very overkill with the detail =P won't ever see most of it ingame! but they look amazing! :D

Igabod

I totally want to see this completed! I'm a huge fan of both the original movie and all of the TV series. I've seen every episode made. I'm almost as big of a Stargate nerd as I am a Star Wars nerd. In fact, the only thing that would excite me more than this would be a Stormtrooper faction (hint hint). Love the textures you've got so far and I can't wait to see the Anubis guards.

Carnov

Thanks for the feedback ! You're right, all details is lost when ingame. Actually I only realize that after drawing them ^^

I'm also a big fan of Stargate, that's why I wanted to create this mod ! I've almost finished the anubis guard and the XML files are almost all done too. Should be able de release the Jaffa faction soon I think !

guys

LiteEmUp

so Xen ported this to 1.0 on the workshop, thanks though to both, and i posted a question nearly a week ago..\

on the mod description in workshop, it says 3 hidden factions.. i'm wondering how do i "unhide" them?? also how do i build the jaffa armor and weapons?? i dont think i noticed on any of the vanilla workbenches, and there is no researchable tech related to the jaffa..