We should be able to put the prisoners to work

Started by woolfoma, December 07, 2014, 02:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

We should be able to force the prisoners to work, as in grow crops and mine all day (under the carful eye of your warden of course) making it so that prisoners aren't a complete drain on your resources and colonists :)

Maybe be able to get them to do simple labour and all the prisoners stay together so they can be watched but if the warden leaves then all your prisoners can escape :D
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Endoric

Haha cool slaves......  Make prisoners move super slow and work slow but 3 or 4 prisoners can be more efficient than the 1 warden.  All prisoners have to do the same task in the same area, mine, growing even clothing sweat shops hehe fun.

Ink.

Should post this sorta thing in the suggestions forum.

But yes, I agree. Should also be able to set how hard you work them or something. Would also be cool if they'd occassionally try to make a run for it or break into your armory and steal guns to fight their way out.

But sadly we can't have colonists on guard duty.

Mattorious

Quote from: Ink. on December 07, 2014, 07:37:41 PM
But sadly we can't have colonists on guard duty.

Yet...

Hopefully that does get implemented. Ty would have to find a way to do rotation without too much micromanagement though, but I'm sure he could pull it off.  ;)
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

Endoric

In regards to the guard issues some lessons could be learned from prison architect.

TwixFunSize

yeah we should make them work. and to make sure they dont escape we can have people assigned to guarding them

hopdevil

I want to be able to beat my slaves when they misbehave.   I also want to be able to beat them when they don't misbehave.

Ink.

Quote from: Endoric on December 07, 2014, 10:33:56 PM
In regards to the guard issues some lessons could be learned from prison architect.

Literally what I thought at the time. PA's guard/patrol system is super fluent.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: hopdevil on December 07, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
I want to be able to beat my slaves when they misbehave.   I also want to be able to beat them when they don't misbehave.

My signature continues to be relevant. I love this game.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

CounterFact

clothing sweat shops are for pussies. My slaves would live and mine so deep into the mountain that my warden would nearly starve on his way to inspect their progress.