Colony Log

Started by Robitski, November 07, 2013, 04:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robitski

You can disable/enable this at any time in the options, but at the end of each day (when enabled), I guess at midnight, the game pauses and you're prompted to write a log of the day. Any casualties are automatically logged in the 'summary' at the bottom of the log. It will also be saved as a .txt file so you can post it elsewhere.

I just think it's a cool idea, although it'd need a GUI and quite a lot of code. Just a suggestion :L
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

Antares [UK]

I am not technical, but under one of the recent updates in Minecraft, Mojang added a "Diary" object, which allows you to keep quite an extensive ".txt" log. Either way, I like the colonial log idea.

ShootyFace

Stardate 2530, 17:30 : Berry the oaf punched a Muffalo.

I would love this sort of thing. When your colony gets wiped out, it would be fun to be able to go over a log of all the happenings.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Nukeman0

It would have been a nice touch to the game considering the focus the storytelling and relationships to the characters. You could get some sweet products out of it :)
Nukeman0

Darkfire9825

Great idea - whats the point of a story if there's no way to re-experience it?

SharpKris

i'm not sure if i'm right but i think he said a log would really increase the FPS rate or something

Darkfire9825

The game already keeps track of who is dead. If it could sort dead colonists from dead pirates at the end of the day, that would be a start.