how does the raider AI build sieges? can the mechanic be reworked?

Started by Shikanosuke, December 08, 2014, 02:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shikanosuke

when i saw the trader outpost in the MAI mod it gave me the idea that it would be amazing and maybe even possible to create an event to spawn some outlanders with orders to construct a small village with basic stuff, i dont know if you could get them to designate and use their own growing area but if you cant get them to do work apart from constructing blueprints the way raiders do then maybe you could have a workaround where they either construct some kind of cheaty building that automatically produces food for them or somehow write in periodic food drops onto their village to keep the occupants alive

i get that its not perfect but i feel like it would add to my immersion being able to see an independent community on my map in addition to their little trade hub which is amazing on its own but not THAT much better than trade ships

i also think a perm trade building that gains certain resources at a fixed rate or one based on the number of surviving trader pawns nearby or something like that would be pretty sweet, so even if you cant watch a little farming village of outlandes pop up on your map and start growing potatoes, you could still have them construct a permenant building that just gains potatoes as if they were being farmed for them to trade to you, -maybe- having the rate of supply effected by the number of outlanders within a certain distance of the building or whatever

If its easier i would also really love if there was something to imagine up some population statistics about factions you trade with like number of wealth/people/farmers/miners/land devoted to farming and other stuff like that to be tracked and effect the amount and rate of supplies available for trade with them so that if you see a bunch of people from one faction die it would track that number and use it to change how fast they grow food or whatever and even delete the faction if it gets too small, maybe with a mechanic for factions to slowly grow and a potential event for new factions to appear

maybe even have random events for the other factions as well like getting raided and losing some wealth/food/people or whatever else

i can dream at least