Certain items dont fit screen

Started by josh4j, April 21, 2016, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josh4j

when i click bill under anything that requires a bill stove furnace etc the menu that comes up goes beyond my screen. Even when playing in windowed mode its above the window. I am using a tv monitor but still feel the menu shouldnt go beyond the windowed mode. any help or advice would be apriciated

milon

That's correct, it should not go off the screen in fullscreen or windowed mode.  It should, in fact, wrap around into a second column of options.  Can you post a screenshot?  Press F10 in game to capture an image.  Are you playing with any mods?  What OS are you running?

BlackSmokeDMax

What resolution are you playing in. If you are playing in 720p, that may be the problem.

Per a Tynan post from a while back:

"The minimum res is 1024x768"

With the 768 being just larger than 720, that may be your problem, if indeed you are playing in 720p. If you are playing in 1080, then please disregard this.

josh4j

windows ive tried any and all resolutions its not that i cant see everything on screen. I can see to the top of the screen, the portion that ik from playing on my laptop says bills in the cooking menu in the cooking stove surpasses that let me show you with a picture

josh4j

this is the screenshot

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Coenmcj

Hiya! Mind uploading your Output_Log.txt? Might help to see what's causing the issue. :)
That's found in RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data and you should be able to attach it to your post using the text editor.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

josh4j, you still didn't tell us your screen resolution.

Image width: 1176, height: 664

If that's your max resolution, then that's the problem.  RimWorld isn't happen with less than 768 vertical resolution, and you've got 664.

Are you playing windowed by any chance?

Coenmcj

Well, the direct approach works too Milon , Was trying to be subtle ;). Line 25~ on the output log would of given us the screen Res.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

LOL, my bad.  ;)  I've never looked that close at a log file.

Are there any mods that alter the min resolution needed?  Or would it be hard to change when things wrap?  Off the top of my head, and from a UI perspective, I can't think of any major problems it would cause (except maybe the main menu).