[MOD] (Alpha 8) Stargate - Jaffa, Kree !

Started by Carnov, December 09, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnov

Hello everyone !

Description :
This mod simply adds a Faction to the game : The Jaffa.
Jaffa are a fictional race created by the sci-fi tv show Stargate, whose most famous Jaffa character is indeed Teal'c.
Short description :
Slaves of the Goa'uld, the Jaffa are humans from many different worlds, most of whom have been implanted with larval Goa'uld symbiotes. Jaffa have a great sense of honor and nobility backing their oppressed history. Due to their oppression by the Goa'uld, many have become strong and self-sufficient on the battlefield.

Features :
An ennemy faction : The Jaffa
1 common armor for every soldier

• Jaffa staff Soldier
  • Jaffa knife Soldier
  • Snake Guard Soldier
  • Jackal Guard Soldier
  • Horus Guard Soldier
3 weapons :

• Jaffa Staff
  • Jaffa Knife
  • Zat'nik'tel

4 different helmets

• Exemple Horus Guard Helmet

Download :
( Alpha 8 ) JaffaKree! - Stargate Mod  1.1

(Alpha 7) JaffaKree! - Stargate Mod

Changelog :

• 1.0 : released
  • 1.1 :

• Added zat'nik'tel + sound fx
    • Compatibility with EdB Prepare Carefully

More Info :
Feel free to give me any feedback, bug report or anything else.
Anyway, have fun !

Screens :

Igabod

Killaim

now to make a stargate mod that will open randomly spawning waves of these guys charging your guys.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

'It seems that one of your colonists has angered the god, Ra...

A large force of Jaffa Warriors have arrived and are attacking immediately.'

I'll be watching this mod, any ideas or hopes for the future of it?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Carnov

@StorymasterQ : That's true ^^ just think that some didn't rebel againt their god :p

@Coenmcj : Until A8 comes out, I won't anything else, but after, if anyone has a idea for a bigger stargate mod, why not !

rdwulfe

I desperately want this to be updated to 8. I am sitting here watching Stargate SG 1 right now. (Into the Fire, part 2)

Great mod!

Minato

OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOU!!! I F**KING LOVE YOU! XD
I'm speechess... Just... Thank you. You did a really good job there!

I want to see Ori and SG teams next! XD

Carnov

Well thanks everyone ! I just updated to Alpha 8 :
JaffaKree! - Stargate Mod  ( Alpha 8 )

I might add SG teams later but if they are allied factions, would be quite pointless imo, unless you kill them anyway to get their gear xD

morph

Love it! Weren't there rogue agent's in SG1? NID or something? It's been so long since iv'e watched! Could be a cool hostile group of humans :D

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

JonoRig

Original replicators though, not the human ones...

Also will we see other Goa'uld weapons, like the zat gun, or even a mannable turret (you know the giant staff weapons teal'c liked to carry on a sling in a couple episodes iirc)

Igabod

Definitely need the zat gun. And if you can make it play the actual sound from the show that would be awesome.

Carnov

Quote from: JonoRig on December 11, 2014, 07:49:53 PM
Also will we see other Goa'uld weapons, like the zat gun, or even a mannable turret (you know the giant staff weapons teal'c liked to carry on a sling in a couple episodes iirc)

I'm currently working on the Zat'nik'tel. However,  it would be difficult to have the same behavior as in the series (1 shot stun, 2 shot kill, 3 shot desintegrate). I can only do the stun effect without going into the c# code.
For the giant staff weapon, maybe in the future if I have time. Otherwise, I'll try to add SG teams as a faction. Replicators could be possible, I'll see if I can do it, or if I have the time.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the good feedback !