[Mod] Traits! [A8] Not currently accepting more trait requests. Lots to work on.

Started by Ded1, December 26, 2014, 09:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If i make a weaker version for legit play, how weak should it be?  Weaker it ends up being, higher chance to get it on a pawn..

1/2 Strength
29 (29.3%)
1/3 Strength
7 (7.1%)
1/4 Strength
10 (10.1%)
1/5 Strength
7 (7.1%)
1/6 Strength
3 (3%)
1/7 Strength
7 (7.1%)
1/8 Strength
8 (8.1%)
1/9 Strength
2 (2%)
1/10 Strength
18 (18.2%)
Weaker (post with idea)
8 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

lude

Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<TraitDefs>
   <TraitDef>
      <defName>Godly</defName>
      <commonality>.01</commonality>
      <degreeDatas>
         <li>
            <label>Artificial Transient</label>
            <description>NAME is the product of an artificial transcendence program.</description>
            <degree>1</degree>
            <permaThought>MoodOffsetZen</permaThought>
            <statOffsets>
               <MoveSpeed>1.5</MoveSpeed>

<WorkSpeedGlobal>2</WorkSpeedGlobal>
               <ComfyTemperatureMin>-10</ComfyTemperatureMin>
               <ComfyTemperatureMax>10</ComfyTemperatureMax>
               <GlobalLearningFactor>0.5</GlobalLearningFactor>
            </statOffsets>
         </li>
      </degreeDatas>
   </TraitDef>
</TraitDefs>
is my customization of your mod, i liked the idea, nice job
added global learning factor

Ded1

I didn't even think about adding that because the original was for testing, you could just jack the skills up to max with prepare carefully.  I should have added that to the others.  Thanks for reminding me.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

palandus

I'm not sure how you would go about them but:

1) An addition to the Brawler trait where they get a morale bonus if wielding a melee weapon (normally they only get a penalty with using a ranged weapon and no real benefit except dying more often in melee with a melee weapon)

2) A trait that increases efficiency of crafting (ie Stone-cutting efficiency, butchering efficiency, etc...)

3) A trait that increases the range of ranged weapons.

4) A trait that makes a person harder to hit for both melee and ranged attacks (ie it could reduce the enemy's hit chances)

5) A trait that makes a person immune to fire and overheating in hot weather.

6) A trait that makes a person immune to frostbite and freezing in cold weather.

7) A trait that causes a person to heal any wound over time until there is no wound (only works with limbs still attached). So this trait would allow people with "scars" to eventually not have scars.

8) A trait that increases a person's unarmed damage and how quickly they attack in unarmed combat. Doesn't work with a melee weapon equipped.

9) A trait that allows a ranged person to fire when they are in melee combat. (ie when you are next to another guy its usually close-quarters combat, except for those with this trait)

10) A trait that is called "Night Owl" which causes that person to sleep during the day, work at night, and have no problems with darkness.
10)

Anduin1357

Trait: ADHD
work is done faster
random mental breaks (literally)
Hates being hot/cold
Hates being in a cramped space
Loves doing things
Loves having fun (Extra for any other active happiness inducing traits)

Ded1

Quote from: palandus on January 03, 2015, 03:43:57 PM
-snip-
1.)Might be possible (probably is but cant say for sure till i take a look)
2.)As far as i know, that is governed by crafting skill, so outside of increasing crafting i don't know if i can do it.
3.)No clue.
4.)I'm not sure if i can do this.  I don't know if there are already parameters for that kinda change
5.)Easy just have to add Maximum temp changes
6.)Easy. just have to add minimum temp changes
7.)Dll Required for this (and i cant code C#)
8.)No idea if its possible.  Depends on if i can add a trait that effects only Fist weapons.
9.)Kinda possible but it would affect all weapons at all times even outside of melee.  Would work by decreasing aim time.
10.)I have no idea how to do this, or even if its possible.

Quote from: Anduin1357 on January 03, 2015, 04:10:40 PM
-Snip-

I should be able to get most of that in, maybe all of it.  Depends on if i can get the random mental breaks working.

I will get some time to work on this, this coming week.  Hopefully i will be able to upload a few this coming weekend.
Feel Good Modpack

Anduin1357

QuoteA trait that increases efficiency of crafting (ie Stone-cutting efficiency, butchering efficiency, etc...)
Just raise crafting permanently.
QuoteA trait that makes a person immune to fire and overheating in hot weather
So you can give the guy parkas and stuff and expect him to run around in a dessert?
QuoteA trait that makes a person immune to frostbite and freezing in cold weather.
So you can satisfy that nudist who wanna run around naked in the middle of winter in an ice sheet biome?
QuoteA trait that causes a person to heal any wound over time until there is no wound
Maybe a non-human would do that?
QuoteA trait that allows a ranged person to fire when they are in melee combat. (ie when you are next to another guy its usually close-quarters combat, except for those with this trait)
I haven't looked but maybe stop the enemy from interrupting fire rather than being trigger happy all day?
QuoteA trait that is called "Night Owl" which causes that person to sleep during the day, work at night, and have no problems with darkness.
Steps to getting there

• Draft the colonist
  • Wait for rest to fall
  • Wait for dawn
  • Undraft.
  • ???
  • Profit!!!

Pez

I'm pretty sure if this is not possible without creating some assemblies...

Traits due to location:
Shut-in (bonus when inside)
Outdoorsman (bonus when outside)
Photophobia (fear of light - penalty when in sunlight)
Nyctophobia (fear of the dark - penalty when in the dark)
Dendrophilia (love/fetish of plants - bonus when near a plant)

Traits due to skill:
Similar to Green Thumb, bonuses for the various skills.

Ded1

yep that gives me a nice long list to work with.  I hope to get some stuff released this weekend but i cant say for sure.
Feel Good Modpack

Ded1

So i wont be able to get any work done for a while.  Plumbing froze and i have a lot to deal with.
Feel Good Modpack

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.