[MOD] (Alpha 8) Stargate - Jaffa, Kree !

Started by Carnov, December 09, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonoRig

Ah, doesn't need to behave like one, just looks awesome like your staff weapons.

If you do do replicators, and this is just a suggestion, so you can ignore me, I'd have them as an event rather then a faction or an animal that can spawn in any map space at the beginning

Finvana

Carnov

ahah thanks a lot :)

@JonoRig : Actually, I agree with you that the replicators wouldn't fit as a complete faction. Your idea is nice, i like it. Just like those beavers that spawns but instead of eating trees, replicators will eat every metal structure in your base ^^ (don't even know if it's doable lol) but that could be fun :)

And also, I've added the zat'nik'tel now ! It enables to stun your target for a 15 seconds. I can change that if you find it too long or too short, I thought that 15 seconds was nor useless nor too op.

I've updated the first post, or you can download here directly :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qerr89aytly3v9z/JaffaKree1.1.rar

I've added the original sound of the zat and the staff, sounds much better now :D
Have fun !

JonoRig

Awwww yeah!! the models in this mod are gorgeous, all my colonists are now Jackal guards haha

Ded1

I wonder if its possible to make it so if they are shot with again with a zat that they die?  Making it true to the show would be amazing.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

smitj045

Quote from: Ded1 on December 14, 2014, 12:11:44 PM
I wonder if its possible to make it so if they are shot with again with a zat that they die?  Making it true to the show would be amazing.

Maybe making it do direct damage to the heart with each shot can simulate that?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: smitj045 on December 14, 2014, 12:42:22 PM
Quote from: Ded1 on December 14, 2014, 12:11:44 PM

Maybe making it do direct damage to the heart with each shot can simulate that?

No, that's Cupid's arrow :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Able1

This Mod looks great definitely going to try it out.

Can I just be really pedantic though, you say:

Quote from: Carnov on December 09, 2014, 05:40:39 PM
Jaffa are a fictional race created by the sci-fi tv show Stargate, whose most famous Jaffa character is indeed Teal'c.

I may be showing my age but the original story and concept was created from the highly underrated 1994 film 'Stargate' starring Kurt Russell and James Spader http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111282/.  While I really enjoyed the series, it was the film that set the story and introduced the original Stargate concept.

kokuto

I would like to suggest something that the mod can include. Not only the Jaffa... but the actual  Goa'uld (well their hosts they use to get around in) as opposed to just the Jaffa. Perhaps we can capture more of their tech and turn them into implants for the colonists!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Able1 on December 15, 2014, 10:07:37 AM
This Mod looks great definitely going to try it out.

Can I just be really pedantic though, you say:

Quote from: Carnov on December 09, 2014, 05:40:39 PM
Jaffa are a fictional race created by the sci-fi tv show Stargate, whose most famous Jaffa character is indeed Teal'c.

I may be showing my age but the original story and concept was created from the highly underrated 1994 film 'Stargate' starring Kurt Russell and James Spader http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111282/.  While I really enjoyed the series, it was the film that set the story and introduced the original Stargate concept.

There are two O'Neils. One in the series have two Ls (O'Neill), the other in the original movie has one L (O'Neil) and no sense of humor.

Where did I hear this quote? The things that stuck in my head.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Jaxxa

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 15, 2014, 07:50:04 PM
There are two O'Neils. One in the series have two Ls (O'Neill), the other in the original movie has one L (O'Neil) and no sense of humor.

Where did I hear this quote? The things that stuck in my head.

That would be from Jack O'Neill who mentions it in the episode Secrets, (Season 2 Episode 9)

Dragoon

Um wtf? (It's like the zombie mod flashbacks)

[attachment deleted due to age]
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

kokuto

Don't worry. Its just a bunch of Jaffa with knives. Nothing a... bunch of sniper rifle and energy turrets can't handle. Plus, you got Horus Guard Yoda! Surely you'll win!

Dragoon

I was fighting the jaffa and they cut off both my ring fingers...and nothing else I mean...they just straight for it...it has to have been on purpose. It was their goal this army arrived I fought and killed 4 then they left after taking my ring fingers that was all they cared about they did not flee they just left?!!!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

kokuto

To Carnov, I have a question.

I noticed that the Jaffa pawns (unless its a bug) appear not to be able to accept any bionic implants aside from the vanilla bionics. For example I was using the Cybernetic storm mod but could only heavily modify the baseline non-Jaffa humans. The Jaffa colonists only could read the regular bionics for implants.

Is this some sort of intentional feature or a bug for incompatibility?