[MOD] (Alpha 8) IceSheet (Ice Biome, Now with water world!)(1.2a)

Started by iame6162013, December 10, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripwyr

Quote from: iame6162013 on December 23, 2014, 03:28:12 AM
Quote from: Tripwyr on December 23, 2014, 12:08:33 AM
Any chance of toning down the wolves, or scaling them to difficulty? I decided I wanted a challenge so I started a colony on builder on an ice sheet. About 2 weeks in I got attacked by a raider with a knife, no problem. About 1 week later, I got wiped out by 15 psychotic wolves.
Are the woolves that hard for you?
I personally had no problem with them.
(but i'll look into it)

Not necessarily a problem, just not proportional to the selected difficulty. I selected builder so that I could focus on figuring out how to survive the temperatures before I started worrying about getting attacked, but I got wrecked by 15 wolves shortly after the first raid. If I had a turret, it would have wiped out all 15, but I had budgeted not to need it until the 3rd or 4th raid.

The way the wolves are now, you are effectively forced to prepare for them even when you've selected a difficulty setting essentially equivalent to sandbox.

ItchyFlea

I've modified the code that controls the spawning of wolves. It will now always spawn exactly 6 wolves, instead of a random number between 6-12. I've also improved the message you get when the wolves arrive to something that might be a little more fitting.

Just go into the mod folder, then into the Assemblies folder, and replace the Wolfsies.dll file with the one attached to this post.

iame6162013: You might want something like this as the incidentdef, instead of the one I supplied with the add-on originally:
  <IncidentDef>
    <defName>WolfsiesIncident</defName>
    <workerClass>IF_WolfsiesIncident.IncidentWorker_Wolfies</workerClass>
    <chance>1.0</chance>
    <minRefireDays>1</minRefireDays>
    <favorability>VeryBad</favorability>
    <category>ThreatBig</category>
  </IncidentDef>

[attachment deleted due to age]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Ded1

I got my first wolves at a perfect time, i had a group of traders arrive and 2 of them were in power armor, the wolves killed them and a few others, got cut down to a few by it, and then finished off by my colonists.  Funny thing is, i was trying to figure out how to get the power armor guys to die without me being blamed, the weather wasn't cold enough for them to freeze and they were outside my base so i couldn't starve them.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

iame6162013

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 23, 2014, 10:24:22 PM
I've modified the code that controls the spawning of wolves. It will now always spawn exactly 6 wolves, instead of a random number between 6-12. I've also improved the message you get when the wolves arrive to something that might be a little more fitting.

Just go into the mod folder, then into the Assemblies folder, and replace the Wolfsies.dll file with the one attached to this post.

iame6162013: You might want something like this as the incidentdef, instead of the one I supplied with the add-on originally:
  <IncidentDef>
    <defName>WolfsiesIncident</defName>
    <workerClass>IF_WolfsiesIncident.IncidentWorker_Wolfies</workerClass>
    <chance>1.0</chance>
    <minRefireDays>1</minRefireDays>
    <favorability>VeryBad</favorability>
    <category>ThreatBig</category>
  </IncidentDef>

Oki doki.

Quote from: Ded1 on December 24, 2014, 12:02:07 AM
I got my first wolves at a perfect time, i had a group of traders arrive and 2 of them were in power armor, the wolves killed them and a few others, got cut down to a few by it, and then finished off by my colonists.  Funny thing is, i was trying to figure out how to get the power armor guys to die without me being blamed, the weather wasn't cold enough for them to freeze and they were outside my base so i couldn't starve them.
Wow... that was a lot of luck.

Quote from: Tripwyr on December 23, 2014, 09:13:58 PM
Quote from: iame6162013 on December 23, 2014, 03:28:12 AM
Quote from: Tripwyr on December 23, 2014, 12:08:33 AM
Any chance of toning down the wolves, or scaling them to difficulty? I decided I wanted a challenge so I started a colony on builder on an ice sheet. About 2 weeks in I got attacked by a raider with a knife, no problem. About 1 week later, I got wiped out by 15 psychotic wolves.
Are the woolves that hard for you?
I personally had no problem with them.
(but i'll look into it)

Not necessarily a problem, just not proportional to the selected difficulty. I selected builder so that I could focus on figuring out how to survive the temperatures before I started worrying about getting attacked, but I got wrecked by 15 wolves shortly after the first raid. If I had a turret, it would have wiped out all 15, but I had budgeted not to need it until the 3rd or 4th raid.

The way the wolves are now, you are effectively forced to prepare for them even when you've selected a difficulty setting essentially equivalent to sandbox.

yea, that should be fixed.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Pathing

I just got this.

The seed number is mgj8 , avg is about -64c and -94c in Jan.
I modded it to play with cold snap + hard snow 24 hour per day,
however, I still could not figure how to let it made at least 1 disease per day.
I tried this in biomedef but I had no clue
<li>
        <diseaseInc>Flu</diseaseInc>
        <chancePerDay>99</chancePerDay>
      </li>
      <li>
        <diseaseInc>Plague</diseaseInc>
      </li>
   <li>
        <diseaseInc>Malaria</diseaseInc>
      </li>
<li>
        <diseaseInc>SleepingSickness</diseaseInc>
      </li>
^^ I'm not sure if 99 means 99% or something else.
Also incident change from each story-teller is randomly 3 per day :)
By the way, I just got colonists in 200C situation, they could stand about under 2 hours before they fell to the ground :)
And... please note that, Probably, if it was too cold, colonists seemed to be unable to build at that moment.. In my game from above screenshot, they could not build when the game was started... Nevertheless, trying on other starting months they could. I guess it was too cold to build or something else.
Steel is food. Steel is defense. Steel is weapon.
Steel is RimWorld.

Everteal

Diseases take several days of sleeping in the medical bed to get over. If you get a disease per day then whats the point of playing?

iame6162013

Quote from: Everteal on December 27, 2014, 05:46:53 AM
Diseases take several days of sleeping in the medical bed to get over. If you get a disease per day then whats the point of playing?
you can still work with a disease.

Nice one Pathing!
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Ded1

So i was wondering if its possible to make oceans available for colonization or not?  If you allowed it would the terrain generate? or would it bug out?
Feel Good Modpack

iame6162013

Quote from: Ded1 on December 27, 2014, 02:52:47 PM
So i was wondering if its possible to make oceans available for colonization or not?  If you allowed it would the terrain generate? or would it bug out?
I would assume it would bug out, (the icesheet still had height maps,etc)
water does not, so Let's try that!

Ded1

Who knows could make some really interesting maps.
Feel Good Modpack

iame6162013

Ded1

Feel Good Modpack

iame6162013

Quote from: Ded1 on December 28, 2014, 09:22:17 AM
Let me know if you do it and it "works"
Wait it does? really, I should test that out, but for real this time  :o

Ded1

I have no clue, but i also have no clue how to enable a biome either.  I figured if it was gonna get tested you would know how and set it up.  Kinda why i brought it up here instead of the mod suggestions lol.
Feel Good Modpack

iame6162013

Wha.... it works? It works!
ok, now let's change all the ice with water and push an update :p
(Oh this is going to create bugs!)