How to install RimWorld after you've downloaded it

Started by Tynan, December 10, 2014, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CombatleaderZ

I bought the game a long time ago, and since I couldn't update it, I forgot about the game.  I also sent an email a long time ago about this problem, but it was never replied to.  I'm hoping I can be helped now. 

Thanks. 
Power corrupts all.

Coenmcj

Heya CombatLeaderZ!
Go to this page Here and put in your purchase email, to have your Download link sent to you automatically if you're in the system, The link can be found on the ludeon main page, under support if you're paranoid about me stealing your details. :)
Have a merry Christmas!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

CombatleaderZ

Power corrupts all.

samdrew

I am having a problems with a black screen and I have gone through all the steps and I am running windows 10

Coenmcj

G'day Samdrew!
Have you followed through all the steps found in This stickied thread?

fresa

I'm trying to extract the .zip and each time I try, it says that it could not open the archive, may be damaged. When I go to look at the file, it looks like mostly everything was extracted but the .exe. Before I run through all of my 7 downloads, I have followed the instructions on this thread and it's still not working. I'd appreciate some help. :(

Coenmcj

Try restarting your computer then reextract, I had something similiar happen recently to a friend of mine. Restarting seemed to fix that.

1Fallen1

I am also having the "lacks exe file" problem , tried downloading it three times , every time it's given me the empty game file with lots of data archives , and error message on the zip file opener

Tynan

Quote from: 1Fallen1 on June 08, 2016, 12:08:03 PM
I am also having the "lacks exe file" problem , tried downloading it three times , every time it's given me the empty game file with lots of data archives , and error message on the zip file opener

Sounds like an incomplete/broken download somehow. You'll want to make sure your Internet isn't getting cut off or somehow corrupting the file.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

awseomenathan987

Quote from: Tynan on December 10, 2014, 03:42:55 PM
1. Download the game file from your personal download link that was sent to you via email.

What you downloaded is a 'zip file'. This is a sort of 'container' file that packages a bunch of other files together. The actual game files are inside the zip file. To actually play the game, the game files all need to be extracted to outside the zip file, and they need to be together.

To extract the files:

2. Open the downloaded zip file by double-clicking it.

3. A window will pop up. It will show the contents of the zip file. In this case it will show a single folder named something like 'RimWorld651Win'.

4. Drag this folder from the zip file to some other folder on your drive.

-> If you wish, you can drag it to the desktop. I recommend making a new folder (like C:/Programs/RimWorld) and dragging it there.

-> Make sure you don't drag it over another installation of RimWorld! The files will mix together and the game won't work.

5. Now close the zip file. Open the newly-extracted folder. You'll see the .exe file you can run to play the game.

-> I recommend making a shortcut to the exe file. On Windows, right-click it and select 'Send to Desktop shortcut'.
i can't even install it or download it i didn't get a link or anything i have alpha 13 my freind gave it to me so i really don't know what to do

milon

@awseomenathan987, thanks for reaching out.

Did your friend buy a key for you?  If not, you're out of luck and you'll have to actually purchase the game.  If you do have a valid key, is it for SendOwl or Steam?  If Steam, see the link in my signature.  If SendOwl, go to the Missing Your Download Email thread (stickied in the Support forum).

If you have any trouble, please post an update for us.

bat

Hi guys,
I just download the version for Mac, followed all steps (unzip it, add it to applications) and when I click on the app it appears a msg saying it´s impossible to run the app.....
Any guess why this could be happening?
Thanks!

bat

Quote from: bat on July 16, 2016, 07:39:32 PM
Hi guys,
I just download the version for Mac, followed all steps (unzip it, add it to applications) and when I click on the app it appears a msg saying it´s impossible to run the app.....
Any guess why this could be happening?
Thanks!

I don´t have any .exe file in here. This is what it appears http://d.pr/i/l5fR

thanks in advance for your help!

Iamasquid

I keep getting this and i cant seem to figure out why.
Thanks for buying RimWorld! Your DRM-free personal download link(s):
Name (order#12345678): [Order status: Initial]

Your Steam key(s):
Name (order#12345678): [Order status: Initial]

Please assist me in figuring out why I cant get an actual link or key to the game.

Notsopro

I bought Rimworld a couple years ago, and can't remember which email I used to buy it with. I was wondering if there was a way to find out what email I used, so I don't end up throwing away my steam key