Underground?

Started by Strains, December 10, 2014, 04:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strains

What is this madness?

Dec 8

Misc improvements. Refactored stats to use StatParts components which can be composited and re-used easily in XML.
    A9: Immunity development speed is now a visible stat.
    A9: Apparel now have quality levels which affect insulation and armor.

A9: Cryptosleep shrines only generate underground.

A9: Stuff affects work to make for apparel, weapons, and so on.
    A9: Added debug auto-analysis log for plant data to help balance plant growth and reproduction.

Does this mean underground as in "under mountains" or as in a z level down, im personally hoping for the latter. Maybe inspired by that thread i read the other day about ore veins to make mines and some pseudo z levels to make 2 story buildings. but its properly just under mountains :D one can hope

Matthiasagreen

I am fairly certain that Tynan has said that there are no plans currently for Z-levels. I am pretty sure that, unlike the A8 video, those cryptosleep pods will only appear under mountains.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

TheXIIILightning

Under mountains most likely. ^^

thefinn

Yeah I too think Z-levels would be ... amazing ... However problematic ;)

Cimanyd

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on December 10, 2014, 04:57:13 PMI am pretty sure that, unlike the A8 video, those cryptosleep pods will only appear under mountains.

But they aren't. (Edit: whoops, didn't see the "A9" part  ::))

Here's the one I can see on my new A8 colony. There's a little granite hill below it (only four squares) but no other mountains that close, and it's certainly not in a mountain or underground.

It looks like it spawned right on top of a marble ruin, though. Also has a pine tree at the bottom left that's partly hidden by the steel walls somehow and looks strange. :P
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 10, 2014, 05:46:36 PM
-snip-
They'll spawn underground in Alpha 9. Tynan started working on features for A9 during the final days of testing Alpha 8.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created