[Unoffical A15] Extended Woodworking v1.19c

Started by ItchyFlea, December 10, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Updated mod to fix a keybinding issue. Please download the new version and replace the old version with it, as the update will not adversely affect current colonies.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Topper

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 13, 2015, 07:45:57 PM
Updated mod to fix a keybinding issue. Please download the new version and replace the old version with it, as the update will not adversely affect current colonies.

Tanks! Many and Green!

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Baleur

How about adding a Cactus variant? Something in a light green kinda color?

Edit: googles saguaro cactus for image example of what i was imagining, realizes that in real life the insides actually look close to normal wood color. Okay nevermind then xD

bazalisk

so i was wondering if there would be any way to change what two tree types spawn on a game map (depending on biome of cause,) to spice things up abit.

the default oak / poplar trees in the plains get abit dull after a while.

would be nice if the game could randomly roll from a list of trees before map gen.

anyone think this is possible?

cucumpear

I made some colour variations for a friend who really wanted teal painted wood. They need to be tested a bit more, of course, but would it be ok if I share them here?

Secondly, for some reason Latta's Infusion mod starts behaving oddly when I enable Woodworking. I don't understand why, but suddenly items of all qualities become infused. I'll report it there, too, of course.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

LetheNyx

So I really enjoy this mod, the woods are VERY pretty... however, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to edit the Chop Wood designator to be able to select trees of a specific type that are harvestable. I.E. I'm making a base out of teak so I click the Chop Wood and select Teak or whatever (I imagine it'd be something similar to the placing walls button, where you select the type from a pop up menu) and when I drag it over the trees, it only selects the Teak trees that are available to be harvested.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: LetheNyx on January 10, 2016, 08:39:39 PM
-snip-
That would be a nice feature. Unfortunately it would require .dll modding, and that is something I am not able to do.
If anybody wishes to do that they can, and they can either release the mod themselves with that feature, or send it to me and I'll update the mod to use that feature, and give credit to whoever made the .dll.

LetheNyx

I've been poking around and trying to figure out how to do it, if I can I'll send it to you.

CovertJaguar

There seems to be some kind of issue with things like the Colony Manager forestry management. I haven't figured out what it causing it yet, but none of the Tree types appear in the harvest list.

EDIT: Ok, the problem seem to be on the Colony Manager side. It recognizes trees by they fact that they drop wood items.

EDIT2: Well...I was able to fix it, but it's kind of a cludge. I made the trees drop normal wood again and added a bunch of recipes for staining wood to the wookworkers table. The only other solution would likely require a rewrite of the Colony Manager dll and how it manages wood types. Sadly core doesn't define wood in its own category or something. Though this might be something along the lines of what CCL does.

Github Issue: https://github.com/Karel-Kroeze/RW_Manager/issues/12

Topper

Any hope for diverse wood types in alpha 13 ? why hasnt this mod been added to the main game? only 1 type/color of wood is boring.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Topper on April 10, 2016, 12:53:51 AM
Any hope for diverse wood types in alpha 13 ? why hasnt this mod been added to the main game? only 1 type/color of wood is boring.
Eventually. I keep getting distracted by Factorio which was recently released on Steam. I bought it a few years ago and forgot about it. Since it's Steam release I've been playing it a bit too much. (It's one heck of a good game.)

ItchyFlea

So this got updated as well today.
I have not tested this mod other than ensuring no errors are shown upon activation. If something doesn't work let me know and I'll try to fix it quickly.

I have removed from the OP the mod compatibility message, since the mod this one was compatible with was never updated past Alpha 9, which was about a year ago.
I have however added my donation button. Please note that donations are completely optional, and are NOT required to download or use this mod at all. However any and all donations are greatly appreciated.

ItchyFlea

Forgot that A13 added a new type of generator. The fuelled generator which uses wood for fuel.
So I went ahead of modified it so it accepts any kind of wood added by this mod as fuel, even the painted pieces of wood.

Teratles

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 23, 2016, 10:25:31 PM
Forgot that A13 added a new type of generator. The fuelled generator which uses wood for fuel.
So I went ahead of modified it so it accepts any kind of wood added by this mod as fuel, even the painted pieces of wood.

I still need to convert the wood to fuel my stuff. And you forgot to support the remove option for the new floores.

Thx for the nice mod.