[Unoffical A15] Extended Woodworking v1.19c

Started by ItchyFlea, December 10, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHed

I don't know if this has happened for anyone else, but last night my builder was building oak walls without using the wood for it.

BaconBits

Make sure that Extended Woodworking is one of the last ones in the mod order and after Veg. Garden(if you have it).

animagus_kitty

Am I the only one who's not seeing the A15 download link?

BaconBits

@animagus_kitty: Page 7, last comment. Also, on main post, click on "Unoffical Extended Woodworking for Alpha 15" under Downloads.

animagus_kitty

I was having issues with the link not appearing, not an inability to locate the post ^_^

However, I see it now. Maybe I had to be logged in, because I had to make an account to post. Weird, because I didn't have to register to see links to github and other hosts, but maybe you have to be registered to get a file directly from a post?

BaconBits

Yep, If the file is uploaded to the forum via "Attachment" then you need to be logged in. Glad you found it. :)

animagus_kitty

I'm back!

Downloaded it, started a game...got some problems and I'm not sure why. One, I can't prioritize building roofs. Two, my butcher block (as well as some other things) require both Generic Wood and, well, non-Generic Wood. It wanted 25 Generic and 75 Cecropia wood. Is this intentional, and if so, where on earth do I obtain Generic Wood when I've used it up? Not sure the roof thing was this mod, it might have been a conflict with one of the Misc mods.

BaconBits

If you are using Vegetable Garden you need to place it above Extended Woodworking in the mod order. For some reason those two conflict.

Edit: Generic wood is created with the woodworking table by converting other wood types.

animagus_kitty

Requiring Generic wood seems like an odd design choice, but as long as it's obtainable after the first 10 minutes, I'm cool with it. Thanks for answering. ;D

Really is a cool-looking mod. Kudos to Itchy, and thanks for updating it.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: animagus_kitty on September 08, 2016, 03:23:31 PM
Requiring Generic wood seems like an odd design choice, but as long as it's obtainable after the first 10 minutes, I'm cool with it. Thanks for answering. ;D

Really is a cool-looking mod. Kudos to Itchy, and thanks for updating it.
Changing everything in the base game that requires wood to use mod wood would take a decent amount of time to do and would potentially break compatibility with other mods. With that in mind I made it so you could convert mod wood into generic wood pretty much instantly at the woodworking bench.

And yes, thank you to BaconBits for updating the mod. :D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Topper

any progress on getting colored wood added to the core game..seems like a no brainer given the way chunks differ.

animagus_kitty

So last time I posted, BaconBits said that this mod conflicts with VegGarden. At the time, I wasn't using it, but now I am...and whether I load this before or after, I don't get different kinds of wood. Every tree drops Generic Wood.
Is this the aforementioned conflict, and is there any way to fix this, at least for the trees that come with vanilla Rimworld?

Also, in future updates, can you consider making Blue and Green Wood a little less bright for walls? Blue floors are fine, but Blue walls and Green walls and floors are just a little...gaudy. The other colors don't feel too bright to me, but those colors are a little much.

mabor0shi

Quote from: animagus_kitty on October 12, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
Also, in future updates, can you consider making Blue and Green Wood a little less bright for walls? Blue floors are fine, but Blue walls and Green walls and floors are just a little...gaudy. The other colors don't feel too bright to me, but those colors are a little much.
agreed. also, being able to change the colours of walls and other things is enticing, but u have not mentioned what having different wood types adds to the game. I read every post in this thread but only found out the different types have "different stats". I'll have to dl the mod & look at the xml to figure out what that means. But first i wanted to whine about it :(
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

EldVarg

Same here, plz make em a bit less bright - to fit in better.

animagus_kitty

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 12, 2016, 10:33:37 PM
agreed. also, being able to change the colours of walls and other things is enticing, but u have not mentioned what having different wood types adds to the game. I read every post in this thread but only found out the different types have "different stats". I'll have to dl the mod & look at the xml to figure out what that means. But first i wanted to whine about it :(

The different woods are different colors. Teak is almost normal-colored, pine is yellowish, cecropia is dark, and birch is white. Oak and poplar are similar to normal, with poplar being a little darker and making really nice floors. Idk about any other woods.