[Unoffical A15] Extended Woodworking v1.19c

Started by ItchyFlea, December 10, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabor0shi

Quote from: animagus_kitty on October 13, 2016, 02:45:06 PM
Quote from: mabor0shi on October 12, 2016, 10:33:37 PM
agreed. also, being able to change the colours of walls and other things is enticing, but u have not mentioned what having different wood types adds to the game. I read every post in this thread but only found out the different types have "different stats". I'll have to dl the mod & look at the xml to figure out what that means. But first i wanted to whine about it :(
The different woods are different colors. Teak is almost normal-colored, pine is yellowish, cecropia is dark, and birch is white. Oak and poplar are similar to normal, with poplar being a little darker and making really nice floors. Idk about any other woods.
I was just trying to suggest that more specific details be put on this thread. Anyway, I looked at the xml and it inspired me to make my first mod! So things worked out for the best. in the OP of my thread I gave EW credit and put a link to EW and I didn't touch wood, cuz I fear retaliation if I step on Itchy's turf.
BTW, fences can be fired thru but are impassable, meaning animals on the other side can be shot down with no risk to colonists. A fence wall will make Thrumbos and elephants into sitting ducks.  They won't attack the fence, but they will other buildings like doors and turrets. I'll try to fix that, but I'm a noob.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 12, 2016, 10:33:37 PM
Anyway, I looked at the xml and it inspired me to make my first mod! So things worked out for the best. in the OP of my thread I gave EW credit and put a link to EW and I didn't touch wood, cuz I fear retaliation if I step on Itchy's turf.
I'm glad to see my mod inspired you to make one. ;D

I think you should add coloured wood to your mod. You've got more colours than I do and your mod is just a colour mod if I read the thread right. Mine changes much more than just the colour of wood and players may want coloured wood without the extras I add.
Just make sure you don't use the same defnames I use for coloured wood, otherwise our two mods would conflict with each other. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Topper

Did this one make it into the core game for a16?

drakemasta

ItchyFlea

Quote from: drakemasta on December 18, 2016, 07:54:29 AM
any chance of seeing this on steam?
If/When I either abandon the mod or update it myself to A15, yes.
However there is no difference between this mod being on here or on Steam. I don't really have the time to update my mods with new features, etc, anymore. So the automatic updating feature given by Steam Workshop really isn't going to help much.
Plus, with it being on here rather than Steam you don't have to worry about an update to the mod breaking things in your saves. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

mabor0shi

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 19, 2016, 01:12:50 PM
Quote from: drakemasta on December 18, 2016, 07:54:29 AM
any chance of seeing this on steam?
If/When I either abandon the mod or update it myself to A15, yes.
However there is no difference between this mod being on here or on Steam. I don't really have the time to update my mods with new features, etc, anymore. So the automatic updating feature given by Steam Workshop really isn't going to help much.
Plus, with it being on here rather than Steam you don't have to worry about an update to the mod breaking things in your saves. :)
Don't u mean update the mod to A16? There are a few changes to ThingDefs that may make updating necessary. Steam makes it really difficult to put up your mod, lots of hoops to jump thru. You have to spend $5 U.S. after registering for them to let you upload a mod, for god's sake. Steam = Corporate America
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

cucumpear

Quote from: mabor0shi on December 19, 2016, 05:29:53 PM
Steam makes it really difficult to put up your mod, lots of hoops to jump thru. You have to spend $5 U.S. after registering for them to let you upload a mod, for god's sake. Steam = Corporate America
Um, no, it's really easy. You literally just place your mod in the normal mod folder, upload it from your mod menu and set the visibility to public. I have never heard of people having to pay to share content, where did you hear that? If you own the game you definitely don't pay to upload mods, otherwise I wouldn't have put mine up.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

Topper

was there a conversation yet regarding why the colored world hasnt made it into Vanilla? New players can manage colored stone so it cant be a complication issue.

mabor0shi

Quote from: cucumpear on December 20, 2016, 08:52:15 AM
Quote from: mabor0shi on December 19, 2016, 05:29:53 PM
Steam makes it really difficult to put up your mod, lots of hoops to jump thru. You have to spend $5 U.S. after registering for them to let you upload a mod, for god's sake. Steam = Corporate America
Um, no, it's really easy. You literally just place your mod in the normal mod folder, upload it from your mod menu and set the visibility to public. I have never heard of people having to pay to share content, where did you hear that? If you own the game you definitely don't pay to upload mods, otherwise I wouldn't have put mine up.
You are wrong and here's why ":-X" This thread is for talk about Extended Woodworking. If you have a problem with me or my stupid opinions, PM me or post it in the Count to 9000 thread. I check it often.
Quote from: Topper on December 21, 2016, 05:29:43 AM
was there a conversation yet regarding why the colored world hasnt made it into Vanilla? New players can manage colored stone so it cant be a complication issue.
I think that was discussed in Suggestions or Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld. What do you mean, "new players can manage colored stone"?

Topper

Hoping for a A16 update..I've used this mod forever..hate to not have it.

ambivalence

a16, please :3 don't wanna start the game without «full house».

TeflonJim

I have a version of Extended Woodworking written for A16. I'd love to share, if you're around ItchyFlea, will that be a problem? :)

Thanks!

TeflonJim

(Unofficial) Extended Woodworking for A16:

https://github.com/indented-automation/ExtendedWoodworking/releases/latest

This includes an update of the A13 version and an extension which includes support for Vegetable Garden (although the wood types definitions need a bit of work).

I'll try and publish it on the Steam Workshop.

Topper

MechanoidHater

Quote from: TeflonJim on January 07, 2017, 08:47:29 AM
(Unofficial) Extended Woodworking for A16:

https://github.com/indented-automation/ExtendedWoodworking/releases/latest

This includes an update of the A13 version and an extension which includes support for Vegetable Garden (although the wood types definitions need a bit of work).

I'll try and publish it on the Steam Workshop.

Thank you man. I just wish wood floors had beauty stat.