[Unoffical A15] Extended Woodworking v1.19c

Started by ItchyFlea, December 10, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Extended Woodworking v1.19c

Description:

This mod extends trees so that they drop different types of wood based on the tree they are. This mod also allows you to paint wood into 6 different colours (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, White, Black) which you can use to build various things.
A woodworking table has been added to allow you to convert the different wood types into normal wood so you can still build the various buildings that require normal wood to be built. You can also paint wood at that table.

Mod Team:
Download:
Donations:

Donations are completely optional and are not required to use or download this mod.

"PayPal Donate"

Changelog:
v1.19c
  • Floors added by this mod can now be removed.
v1.19b
  • The fuelled generator now accepts any kind of wood added by this mod as fuel.
v1.19
  • Updated to Alpha 13
v1.18
  • Updated to Alpha 12
v1.17b
  • Fixed keybinding conflicts
v1.17
  • Updated to Alpha 11.
v1.16
  • Added wood flooring made out of painted wood.
v1.15
  • Bugfixes.
v1.14
  • Updated for Alpha 10b.
v1.13
  • Fixed an issue where the game would use the name Poplar for things made from Teak.
v1.12
  • Updated for Alpha 9.
  • Changed Poplar woodlog colour from Teak to something else.
  • Changed Teak tree to drop teak woodlog.
  • "Borrowed" (Stole) Woodworking table texture from Alpha 8 since it was removed from Alpha 9.
v1.11
  • Fixed an issue that allowed fences and fence gates to hold up roofs.
v1.10
  • Added fences and fence gates from one of my outdated A6 mods.
v1.01
  • Removed all the separate textures for each type of wood and instead made the game generate the textures with the correct colours itself. The result is that the colour between wood and wall matches much more closely.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

MisterLock

Well if it isn't the stone it's the one and only wood.Good one There Itchy!
To each his own.

StorymasterQ

For some reason, this makes me come up with a new phrase "polishing the wood of the morning." It is an...up and down motion.

My head is weird.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

JuliaEllie

Its only weird if you allow it to be weird  8)

Fifty Foot Ant

Thanks for pulling through Itchy! :) Been waiting a long time for A8, one of the reasons being the promise of this mod! :D
A size-15 boot has landed, the following things were crushed:

- Comms console
- Fifty Foot Ant, Settler
- Wolf, Hunter

Kirid

Doesn't really work as is. I can't construct any vanilla buildings needing wood once I used up my initial supply. Oak wood is laying all around my colony, yet everything needing wood says missing materials.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Kirid on December 12, 2014, 10:43:37 PM
Doesn't really work as is. I can't construct any vanilla buildings needing wood once I used up my initial supply. Oak wood is laying all around my colony, yet everything needing wood says missing materials.
This is exactly why you can convert mod wood into normal wood instantly via the woodworking table.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

JonoRig

I wonder if this will be taken up into Vanilla like the Various Stone type mods :P

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 13, 2014, 04:22:56 AM
Quote from: Kirid on December 12, 2014, 10:43:37 PM
This is exactly why you can convert mod wood into normal wood instantly via the woodworking table.
oh kind and brilliant Sir :)

Over here:https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7328.30 on the 'Xtra Plants'  mod thread, Igabod has made some beautiful new trees (and flowers but of special interest to me are the trees, hehe).   He has mentioned he'd be glad to work with your awesome self to get those new trees dropping logs :)  if you're interested lol *grin*

clarification:  dropping special logs, not just wood. aka Cherry wood, bamboo, etc :)

InfiniteRemnant

is it possible to rename the vanilla wood 'plywood'? or would that require editing too many objects to be readily compatible with things? just for aesthetic reasons. I'm kinda finicky like that. my mind keeps going, "but what KIND of wood?!" when i see the plain stuff next to the sorted stuff >.<

ItchyFlea

Updated the mod slightly and also added a compatibility patch so that you can use Extended Woodworking and Xtra Plants together.
The compatibility patch requires the current versions of both mods to work correctly. Those being v1.01 for Extended Woodworking and v3.0 for Xtra Plants

Using the compatibility mod is simple. First you activate Xtra Plants in-game, then Extended Woodworking, and finally you activate the Patch. The patch must be activated last in order for it to do it's job.

evrett33

The download link requires one log in to the forums in order to download.

ItchyFlea

Updated to v1.1.

Additions:
Added wood fence and fence gate from my outdated Alpha 6 mod, Wood Economy Tweaks.

Also updated the Extended Woodworking and Xtra Plants compatibility patch to work with the new version of Xtra Plants that was released today. If you haven't got Xtra Plants, you should grab it. You can find it here: Xtra Plants 4.0

evrett33

This is a great mod that should be integrated into the game asap.

Cactus is the desert biome still drop generic wood. Was that a choice or an omission. Maybe cactus could produce green wood?

this newest version seems to come in conflict with T's modpack Extendedcloth and Extenedcrops...I get xouts :(

ItchyFlea

I left cactus as is by choice.

As for conflicting with T's Mods... I didn't encounter anything when using the two you mentioned along with this. Plus I had a quick peek in the files, from what I saw, neither mod touches the same things, so they should both be 100% compatible.