Alpha 8 Seeds

Started by Match, December 10, 2014, 08:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Match

So I've been going through looking at various seeds and wanted to share some really good ones that I've found. Normally I would of posted this to the Awesome world seeds thread, but A8 has broken those seeds. Anywho here are some good seeds that I've found and I hope that you enjoy them.

Seed: 4rest
size: 200 x 150

10.13E 36.27N - This is an awesome Boreal forest map, one way in, surrounded by mountains. This will likely be my first playthrough.

40.00E 61.33N - Decent Tundra Map

84.27E 49.07N - Amazing Tundra Map, large open space with one way in, also surrounded by mountains. Unfortunately it is a tundra map that is too cold for growing. This one is really cool, but i'm a little intimidated by the lack of growing... maybe a cannibal playthrough?

49.07E 42.13N - Good Boreal forest map

milon

I've been playing Secret of Mana with my wife recently, which is how I came across this:

Seed: secret of mana
Size: 200 x 150

(Debug Coords: 63, 131)
Biome: Ice Sheet (you need the IceSheet mod to be able to access)

The easy way to find the location is to use the Temperature view when selecting your landing site.  In the northwest, look at all the blue - there's a couple yellow patches within due to how cold it gets.  It's always below freezing there.  Better get some parkas!

There's a ring-shaped mountain that surrounds a very large area.  Looks like a giant mountain until you mine into it.  Then it looks like an extinct volcano.  :D

I'm having lots of fun moving my base inside it.

tommonius

Quote from: Match on December 10, 2014, 08:43:55 PM
So I've been going through looking at various seeds and wanted to share some really good ones that I've found. Normally I would of posted this to the Awesome world seeds thread, but A8 has broken those seeds. Anywho here are some good seeds that I've found and I hope that you enjoy them.

Seed: 4rest
size: 200 x 150

10.13E 36.27N - This is an awesome Boreal forest map, one way in, surrounded by mountains. This will likely be my first playthrough.

40.00E 61.33N - Decent Tundra Map

84.27E 49.07N - Amazing Tundra Map, large open space with one way in, also surrounded by mountains. Unfortunately it is a tundra map that is too cold for growing. This one is really cool, but i'm a little intimidated by the lack of growing... maybe a cannibal playthrough?

49.07E 42.13N - Good Boreal forest map

quick question about maps that are to cold for growing could we use hydrophonics to grow in cold weather if we use heaters to keep the temperature just about right? I assume so bu I never played on an extreme temperature map and I am trying to make a game plan before starting.

waldo2000

Quote from: tommonius on December 16, 2014, 09:38:27 AM
quick question about maps that are to cold for growing could we use hydrophonics to grow in cold weather if we use heaters to keep the temperature just about right? I assume so bu I never played on an extreme temperature map and I am trying to make a game plan before starting.

Yeah that's what you have to do, also as a heads up you may need to create air locks using 3 doors this will minimize heat exchange to the outside. I use two heaters per-array of tables personally.