[MOD] [ALPHA 9] Nu Metals - by JuliaEllie - A9Update (19.02.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 10, 2014, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Thanks guys - Im gonna change it for the A9 release

shhfiftyfive

this mod seems interesting logically, but for the game i don't see how i could possibly make it through the first 2 months of the game with this. you'd need to make the wood furnace smelting process almost instant, and generous. and that might kinda contradict the purpose of the mod (realism).

the start is a race to get your stove/freezer, prison, turrets, and boundary walls up. steel walls are the best choice because they are less flammable than wood. i don't see how that would be possible with this mod. especially on a biome with basically no trees or mountain hills, leaving steel as your only choice. stone cutting would take too long. trust me. and hiding in mountains is cheesy.

you only start with 3 pawns. if those pawns aren't mining, constructing, or making food, then you're just relying on mountains or something to get you through the enemy raids, which i refuse to do.

i'd love to dedicate some pawns to crafting, research, but it's not really feasible for any of the 1st 3 to do so. at least not for anything other than say geothermal, improved turrets, and mortars.

of course i say all this with the intention of only playing extreme cassandra. preferably no easy mode hills/mountains, no easy mode grow zones.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

shhfiftyfive

:p yeah yeah. pardon that rant.

in alpha 8, i refused to use mountains because they were so easy, but... alpha 9 with no mountains is suicide atm. the enemy mortar event is completely ridiculous atm. worse than the crash ship part with mechs.

so i'll be living in a mountain until mortar events are nerfed. not interested in lowering my difficulty though.

Etherdreamer

So you are saying you want a hard setting, like not using a smart place to improve your chance of survival, but you can say "ore smelting is not feasible because too hard"?.

Well you are totally free to don´t use the mod, but your justification is .. lacking of sense to me x0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interface mod just get updated, and it says is not compatible, algo going to add more metals, so this is not going to work.

shhfiftyfive

i'm saying i do not fault this mod. i fault the changes to the vanilla game.

it makes acceptable sense if you can see how cassandra has seemingly been changed in this version. the months are shorter and at certain stages the attacks are more often than ever ( like i have experienced the 4th raid to be piggy backing the 3rd within the same month and no downtime consistently). and much of the new elements of alpha 9 are not balanced (melee shields that withstand 2 turret explosions and direct mortar strikes, how we must research 2 items just to use a single mortar, how it costs 10 steel per shell to craft, endless supplies given to the enemy mortar teams forcing us into mountains, and degraded gear from enemy corpses that force us to rely on turrets to do all the fighting for us because we have no protective gear).

hence i find all of the above issues to be bogus, the beginning few months to be extremely imbalanced, thus i was voicing my concerns of how this mod could make that even more of an issue. time being of the essence and all. nothing more. but then i gave up and just decided to live in a mountain until tynan does something to change these conditions.

but feel free to tell me that you've played extreme cassandra and you don't see any of these stunning differences between alpha 8 and 9 to be any cause for concern...

Brofius

I'm having an issue where the crafting skill does not increase when using the electric smelter to process iron. So at high level the skill decay is limiting my crafter unless I suspend the jobs at this bench or just use the furnace.

Great mod! Thanks.
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

Undecided

Bug report: Ore doesn't seem to have a selling price, so all traders default to selling it at 0.5 silver each. All ore, whether iron or silver or gold ore. It's a bit of a game-breaking exploit/cheat.

Adamiks

I can smell great mod here, but wait! I do not smell coals! Where are coals?! I wanna coals!

"I can smell you" by Morgan Freeman! https://youtu.be/1pczmZMy3Xs

thepman69

Julia, I use a buttload of Mods, just makes this game a lot better in my opinion.
BUT
This mod is/could be a great addition to my modpack I use.
BUT
I cannot go without EdB  :-\

Is it possible to add an optional download that works with it? or it can't be done?
maybe a different tag? (I have no clue what I'm asking sorry)

ALSO- your spike trap mod is awesome, I'd love to see you expand on it, more different traps etc. maybe even a trap to catch enemies? lol

Keep up all your hard work, a lot of us gamers are realllly enjoying the hell out of em. Thank-you  ;D

Master Bucketsmith

Is this compatible with SuperiorCrafting? :O

I had a hefty modlist, which always included your mod, but I'm trying out SuperiorCrafting now and I basically scrapped my entire modlist unless I was sure it wouldn't conflict.