[MOD] [ALPHA 9] Nu Metals - by JuliaEllie - A9Update (19.02.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 10, 2014, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxtheINFINITE

you sure make crazy n' awesome mods,and this one ain't different.
for short,i like it.
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Niknud

Quote from: Clibanarius on December 16, 2014, 08:02:58 AM
Not only does this rule for creating more complexity to the production chains, it's balanced! I disliked how you just hacked a little gold from the mountain side and then had a huge amount of trading capacity to work with; now you needa smelt that shit, too. Ditto on Plasteel, making it a more involved process that fits the potency of the materials yielded!

Gold mining does not require much smelting since it is not a alloy.  Miners pretty much dig it up then sell it.  That being said I do enjoy this mod and see potential with its growth.

HawkeDB

Hi J,

I'm having an issue with bills, it won't let me add any? (I do have the required resources mined and stored). Also the mod is in the second last spot on the mod order just before EDB interface, so I figured it should be fine.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Oh, yes I did start a new world and colony with this mod activated. (It didn't work on an existing colony).

JuliaEllie

Quote from: HawkeDB on December 23, 2014, 10:33:32 AM
Hi J,

I'm having an issue with bills, it won't let me add any? (I do have the required resources mined and stored). Also the mod is in the second last spot on the mod order just before EDB interface, so I figured it should be fine.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Oh, yes I did start a new world and colony with this mod activated. (It didn't work on an existing colony).

I need a little bit more detail on this: Bills on the Electric Smelter or the Furnace? I tested it and it should work. Could you describe what you did? Does the Furnace/Smelter doesnt accept the Bills or cant you even select them or do your Pawn simply not do the Bills?

HawkeDB

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 23, 2014, 10:40:33 AM
I need a little bit more detail on this: Bills on the Electric Smelter or the Furnace? I tested it and it should work. Could you describe what you did? Does the Furnace/Smelter doesnt accept the Bills or cant you even select them or do your Pawn simply not do the Bills?

It is the Furnace (Limestone, cause I had bricks), I select the furnace, click bills, and in the bills window, when I try to add a bill, no options come up.

FYI It is exactly like your screenshot in the OP, only when I try to add bills none of the smelt options come up.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: HawkeDB on December 23, 2014, 10:49:27 AM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 23, 2014, 10:40:33 AM

It is the Furnace (Limestone, cause I had bricks), I select the furnace, click bills, and in the bills window, when I try to add a bill, no options come up.

FYI It is exactly like your screenshot in the OP, only when I try to add bills none of the smelt options come up.

hmmm thats strange. Do you have any other mods installed which may overwrite the recipes? Do you have a file called Ewcipes_Production_Wood.xml in your Nu Metals/Defs/RecipeDefs folder?

HawkeDB

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 23, 2014, 10:53:10 AM
hmmm thats strange. Do you have any other mods installed which may overwrite the recipes? Do you have a file called Ewcipes_Production_Wood.xml in your Nu Metals/Defs/RecipeDefs folder?

Aha, as I mentioned, EDB Interface was the last mod on the list (also using EDB Mod Order in order to set load order) and when I disabled EDB Interface, voila, your mod works fine.

Oh well, I can either use one or the other.  :(

I'd like to try yours for a while so I will go without the EDB Interface.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: HawkeDB on December 23, 2014, 10:57:02 AM

Aha, as I mentioned, EDB Interface was the last mod on the list (also using EDB Mod Order in order to set load order) and when I disabled EDB Interface, voila, your mod works fine.

Hmm thats strange. Good to know. Thanks a lot I will have a closer look at it. Could you also post this problem in EdBs thread?

HawkeDB

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 23, 2014, 10:59:48 AM

Hmm thats strange. Good to know. Thanks a lot I will have a closer look at it. Could you also post this problem in EdBs thread?

Yup and thanks.

InfiniteRemnant

Would it be possible to add copper ore to the game and override conduits and conduit walls so that they need copper cable? Cause steel cable makes pretty shitty circuitry IRL, even aluminum is better...

Nume

with that title i expected linkin parkium ore,but good job

EdB

Did you have any other mods enabled when you had this issue?  I just tried to reproduce this with the latest versions of Nu Metals and EdB Interface, and I can't get the problem to happen.  The bills show up just fine for me with both mods enabled in the order that you describe.  I'm wondering if there was something less obvious causing it.

Noobshock

Good stuff and I hope the resource production will be complexified at some point in the vanilla game!

Cibi

I like the idea of the mod, but the process of turning iron into steel is far to long. Say, bump up the steel created by one work to something around 20~30, then this mod will be perfect. As it stands right now, its tempting to disable it, as its just stunting my production.

200Down

Just thought I'd drop in and say thanks! This one does what it says on the tin, no more and no less. Just the kind a like :P Added that lil-something I missed from DF. A bit of ore progression without "new" metals and items that players may or may not want coming along for the ride. Simply put... it's JUST right. Thanks again!

Edit: As mentioned above, increasing the base metal amount to 30 for the furnace or the electric smelter(I changed the electric smelter for that progressive feel) does make a huge difference in whether this mod takes over the beginning of your game or not. Love that I have some other use for wood though.