Downloading Previous Alphas

Started by aerojet029, December 11, 2014, 01:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerojet029

The subject pretty much sums up what I'm looking for.

I missed Alpha 7 and saw Alpha 8 out. I would like to try out Alpha 7 (vanilla, then modded) since Alpha 8 only came out today, I don't expect the mods to be updated. i'm trying to locate a download for a vanilla copy a stable Alpha 7 to tinker with some of the stuff from the community.

when i was "googl-ing" this and searching the forums I only came up with one article. It was about Steam implementation and one of the reasons for not doing it during this stage of development was there was no way to revert versions which would mess with save game compatibility after being forced onto another version.

also, Happy Holidays everyone :)

Jaxxa

As far as I know there is no way to do this automatically.
You could try sending Tynan a PM / Email and ask if he can send it to you.

SpatialNeeds

I'd also like the option to rollback to previous Alphas, now that I understand the dynamics a bit better.  I wonder if there were certain functions I ignorantly never or under utilized...

GamerGuy

Dante King

Rahjital

I wish you had asked two days prior, SpatialNeeds. I had Alphas 2-7 backed up, but they took a little too much space on my harddrive... Maybe somebody else still has them? You might also want to send a PM directly to Tynan.

Quote from: GamerGuy on May 01, 2015, 04:36:34 PM
Dat necro!

Necroposts are actually encouraged by the rules :)

Turps

sorry couldn't help myself, I have no problems with necroposting. have a nice day
Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

SpatialNeeds

Quote from: Rahjital on May 01, 2015, 04:51:36 PM
I wish you had asked two days prior, SpatialNeeds. I had Alphas 2-7 backed up, but they took a little too much space on my harddrive... Maybe somebody else still has them? You might also want to send a PM directly to Tynan.

Timing is everything...  I'll try Tynan, thanks.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Turps on May 01, 2015, 08:52:22 PM
-snip-
Pinhead NO! Not the kittens! (Great movie series btw, still haven't seen them all though.)

For all those wondering, there is currently no way to obtain older versions of the game.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Rahjital

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 02, 2015, 11:27:09 PM
For all those wondering, there is currently no way to obtain older versions of the game.

Is that a hint? ;D

harpo99999

I think it is more of a statement, ie the ONLY way that I know of to get an older alpha is to have downloaded it when it was current.
the people that are most likely to have older versions are the ones that have been here since the kickstarter, and KEEP all downloads (but we ARE talking about 3gb of archives just for the rimworld installers and most of the mods (I did not download all of them)are approx 1.5gb)

Mikhail Reign

See this is why steam would be a better platform. Its quiet simple to roll back to eariler versions of a game using the beta tab (they really should rename it - its always used for versions). Simple select the version you want from a drop down, apply, wait for the dl and its done.

harpo99999

BUT steam is CAUSED by those RABID fanboys that are hot under the collar from the operating system and all other software NOT being in the in the same TRAPPED environment

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: harpo99999 on May 03, 2015, 07:38:20 AM
BUT steam is CAUSED by those RABID fanboys that are hot under the collar from the operating system and all other software NOT being in the in the same TRAPPED environment

Huh?

harpo99999

was a response to the reply previous to my last reply