Alpha 8 - Tailor

Started by RoseNoelThorne, December 11, 2014, 03:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseNoelThorne

For some reason, I can't get my people to craft anything that isn't food or butchering. Anything to suggest? I have no mods.

skullywag

Have you set them to crafting in the overview panel (bottom right)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RoseNoelThorne

Yeah, I've three people set to crafting and three others set to art. My electric smelter and my smithing table don't seem to work either. I can't right click a crafter or artisan and make priority.

skullywag

Have you set a bill on the tables themselves. Selct them then on the left of the screen should be a bills button.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

yorune

I'm having a similar issue as Rose. After using a bill to create a couple t-shirts my people refuse to work at the tailors bench on anything other than cowboy hats. I can prioritize the bench when I have bills for the hats, but it's unselectable otherwise. I have a person set to priority 1 for crafting, but they still ignore that bench.

Dave-In-Texas

Dumb question.. but each tailoring item now has a very different requirement.
hats are low, dusters are higher.  I also have not seen them make a mixed source item.

I used to make things like a Duster' from 3 different hides + cloth  with boar being the highest % and the result being a boarhide duster, I have not see this behavior so far with A8.  Double check you have the required full amount just to confirm.

Tynan

As Dave noted, you need to have enough ingredients _without mixing_. No more 49% wooden "plasteel" longswords for you.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nuschler22

Quote from: RoseNoelThorne on December 11, 2014, 06:42:15 PM
Yeah, I've three people set to crafting and three others set to art. My electric smelter and my smithing table don't seem to work either. I can't right click a crafter or artisan and make priority.

I have the same problem, but only with the smithing table.  I have a lot of mods, though, so something might be interfering.  I have plenty of resources available.