[Mod Links] The unofficial Alpha 8 mods list

Started by Igabod, December 11, 2014, 05:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Safir

Quote from: Entityofsin on December 16, 2014, 11:54:07 PM
This should get stickied. Official or not.. this is the most updated list so far that I've seen and the only one.
This

Entityofsin

I know man.. I don't know why Evul hasn't stickied it yet. His own mod is listed too.

Igabod

Evul did sticky the last mod list. Tynan himself removed the sticky because he doesn't want people to get the idea that it is an official list. He feels that the forum makes it an even playing field for all mods. I disagree with him, but the point is he is God on these forums and Evul simply obeys his wishes, as do we all if we are smart.

konst

Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

Igabod

From now on I'll post a comment when I add a mod to the main list and I'll just edit it to include any other mods that are added during that same day. Hopefully this will help all of you out a little more. I can't go back and do this for all the others, but I hope this is enough.

Mods added today include:

Name: Clutter
Description: Adds clutter aka furniture to the game.

Name: Enhanced Defence: Phoenix Edition
Description: Adds many features in a modular form. Personal Shields, wireless power, laser drill, omnigel and many more.

Name: RTG's (Power Source)
Description: Adds a new power generator to the game, the RTG (Radioisotope thermoelectric generator).

Name: Smartislav's Texture Pack
Description: A pack of re-textures for vanilla game items.

Igabod

Mods that have been added today include:

Name: Faction - Rimtroopers
Description: Adds a faction of Stormtroopers to the game.

Name: Mining&Co. Mobile Mineral Sonar Mk.III
Description: Adds in a sonar which helps detect hidden mineable ores.

Name: Modular Hydroponics
Description: More hydroponics basins!  More specifically, one single type, that is modular and provides it's own source of light as well.

Name: Temperature Control
Description: Adds several options for controlling the temperature of your colony.

Igabod

Name: Ceiling Lights
Description: Adds ceiling lights and ceiling lights only.

Name: Cookfire - Campfire Cooking
Description: Adds the ability to cook meals on the campfire.

Name: Less Incident Trolling
Description: Reduces the chance for some incidents to fire and/or increases the time before they can fire again.

Name: The Scratch Pack (Mod pack)
Description: A mod pack containing the most up-to-date versions of mods by ItchyFlea.

Name: UV Ground Sun Lights
Description: Adds UV light floor lamps that can light up your crops with less cost in materials, power consumption,
and coverage than your average sun lamp.

Igabod

Wow! 66 mods so far for Alpha 8 and counting. I love it!

Igabod

Name: Roof Support
Description: Adds a decorative support column for holding up the roof in large underground open areas or kill boxes.

Name: Vas's Metal Changes & Balancing
Description: Replaces Steel with Iron and makes it so you can smelt iron into steel and steel into plasteel.

elStrages

Quote from: Igabod on December 20, 2014, 09:05:53 PM
Wow! 66 mods so far for Alpha 8 and counting. I love it!
Might be time to figure out a better way to list them :/

Igabod

Name: Brain Surgery
Description: Adds brain surgery to the game.

Name: Central Heating
Description: Adds vents to allow temperature to be shared between rooms. Also adds an industrial heater for heating large rooms.

Name: Extended Surgery and Bionics
Description: Adds the ability to craft prosthetics and bionic parts yourself and adds a few extra ones that aren't in the vanilla game.

Name: Log Walls
Description: Adds log walls back into the game.

Name: PowerPlus
Description: Provides users with simple tools that will both give them power and will store their energy for them.

Spare74

I'm looking for a mod I used before, it adds wall lights, I mean, the walls emit the light.
Someone know what mod this is ? I can't remember.

Igabod

Quote from: Spare74 on December 22, 2014, 06:21:26 AM
I'm looking for a mod I used before, it adds wall lights, I mean, the walls emit the light.
Someone know what mod this is ? I can't remember.

Immersive Rim did that but isn't updated for Alpha 8 yet. I think clutter might have it too, that one has been updated for A8. Clutter

And I think there is another one, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

Spare74

Thanks for the answer, I just checked, Clutter doesn't have light wall. I'll wait for Immersive Rim to update I guess.

Igabod

Quote from: Spare74 on December 22, 2014, 06:51:59 AM
Thanks for the answer, I just checked, Clutter doesn't have light wall. I'll wait for Immersive Rim to update I guess.

Sorry, I'll try to find out which one has it. I thought it was clutter but I guess not.

[edit to add] was it Glitter Tech? If that's the one you were thinking of, it also hasn't been updated for A8 yet. I will think about adding it into my Advanced Lamps mod if I can't find another mod that already has it.