Indoor geothermal auto ignition ? Tynan check this please

Started by beeeeber, December 11, 2014, 06:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beeeeber

Hi !
Since the new a8, everytime I try to build an indoor geothermal beneath the mountain, in a close space , it burn automaticaly within 10 seconds and get destroyed . The only possible way to have it properly working is to have ALWAYS a connection with the exterior. Is that a funny bug or intented ? Like to evacuate the smoke ? Cose it fuck up my base planning a bit' the first time, but its actually very enjoyable and add a new layer of planning :)

Anyway, great alpha. Really bring a glimpse of the depth which fit this type of game, and it's feels great ! You finally manage to bring a real feeling of progression thru the game. Make me come back to play a lot of RW and modding it !

Snowpig

in intended (check "bugs" section of the forum). Other idea: build a large room around and use the excess heat to heat up rooms in cold environment

Darkfirephoenix

If you are in a already hot area the geothermal may exceed the point of ignition with it's own heat. Solutions for that: Connect the geothermal room with another big room which you want heated, so the heat can spread. You do that easily via not building a door (best case is that you build your dinning room/meeting room/dorm room right next to the geothermal room). Or you could remove a part of the roof if you aren't under a mountain (so the geothermal room counts as outside and you don't have to open your base to the outside).

Spoonikle

The best way to handle heat when building an underground base is a ventilation tunnel connected to a roofless room on the side of the mountain.

This "chimney" structure can be well protected with many layers of walls and the vent tunnels can connect all of your geothermal power plants and air conditioners. Just keep snaking the vent tunnel around to all the rooms, or make more "chimneys".

add doors leading to this vent network form inside your base for easy maintenance and fire suppression ( if a huge fire breaks out in hydroponics or power storage, the only way to safely put it out is to break the vent tunnels and expose hydroponics to the outside else it will be 400 c in the room )

Riftmaster

Pretty sure the steam vent (or geothermal plant) produce huge amounts of heat.  At some time in the past I had a closed place (had just walled it off while building base) with a steam vent in it, and the temp in there was about 150 F in a few mins

I expect some types of things catch fire if it's hot enough...