Force colonists to do self care

Started by naxili, December 11, 2014, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naxili

An option where you force colonists to go take care of themselves so you dont lose an important colonist to mental breakdown

Like, they'll go eat, maybe sleep, sit somewhere nice...

resetphoenix

I like this! Either forced, or there could be a threshold before "mental break" wherein a colonist would stop working and find the nicest environs they're aware of (if they can currently keep track of such things). "[Colonist] has stopped working. [Colonist] is having a moment." Perhaps, like you've said, eating and resting first.

naxili

Oooo yea, if it was automatic you could set up a space specifically for this purpose, and then send your hauler off to move the bodies from the last fight without worrying about catching them right before they start having a mental breakdown. I currently use gardens or kitchens for this purpose, but it would be nice if you could create a room intended for "breaks" without having to constantly set your colonists to military mode and moving them there by hand

naxili

But of course the easiest option would be a button that forces a colonist to -> (stop what they are doing) -> (eat) -> (sleep)

loc978

I always wanted an entry in the context menus for it. *Right click->get in this bed and sleep* and *right click->eat this food* I know we're not supposed to have to micro-manage like that, but sometimes it would really prevent a headache over stupid colonist decisions.

...I thought this thread would be about minor medical treatments... a squirrel bite to the leg should be something a colonist can treat themselves for. Hell, I've had to pull chicken wire through my thigh and patch it up myself before.

tommonius

I love this as an option, it should be default and an option to make colonists work come what may if you are in a pinch. Hope this gets implemented.

Avis

Yeah, would love to see colonists take breaks when there in a bad mood. I hate doing across-the-map operations because i have to micromanage the WHOLE thing.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

thefinn

+1 looks easy to implement too, as they already pick an area with the correct temperature when cold etc..

XeroJoy

+1 this is a great idea, Especially since some of the colonists are buggy.

For example, my doctor who is volatile is starving. She's walking to get some food in the cafeteria...for one of the patients. Literally, "mental break imminent". I quickly draft & undraft the character to refresh them (as self help should come above helping others right?), the doctor picks up the food and attempts to continue her job of feeding her patient before going on a rampage, and getting arrested.

Quote from: loc978 on December 13, 2014, 07:42:29 PM
I always wanted an entry in the context menus for it. *Right click->get in this bed and sleep* and *right click->eat this food* I know we're not supposed to have to micro-manage like that, but sometimes it would really prevent a headache over stupid colonist decisions.

^much better than having to relieve them of their duties as a doctor, wait for them to eat and sleep, and then re-assign them to be a doctor