[A11] Canned Food - by JuliaEllie - A11Update (17.06.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 11, 2014, 09:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Hey everybody,

this is my new mod - it adds canned food which wont spoil pretty easy pretty straight forward.

Created on stream in about one hour. Thank you very much to everyone for watching :)

DOWNLOAD ME

Dave-In-Texas

very cool.  just getting A8 on my pc; i want to try vanilla before adding mods but this is going to be one of the first

exbeer

even if you try vanilla, this shoude have been something in the game that is for shure and i rely  hope it do, or at least a refrige of some sorts, i know the cooler thing is in but , still. a colde storage or something . but as for now canned  food wont spil vanilla at all ,this is a wery must , having them make food often is taking awy building time :P

exbeer

i regret starting a new game now, sins this isent in A 7 :/ :( :( :(  but i need to finish the game , thats just me hehe

Avis

Sweet! I'll be grabbing this for my alpha 8 endeavors!
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Niknud

Canned food does have a shelf life depending on what it is.  It is also one of the ways you can get botulism. 

JuliaEllie

Im happy you guys like it :) Sometimes its the small things which make a huge difference.

Welcome to RimWorld where shelf life doesnt exist and botox is the least likely thing to kill you

exbeer

indeed it is JuliaEllie... there is lots of other  things that can kill ya xD  and yes the little things, and yes i realy feel this have a palce in vanilla :) ide liek to se a poll on this mod to get it into the game :) make it so :)

JuliaEllie

Im not going to propose this "officially" - it would make my own work as a modder obsolete BUT I would also not refuse.

If you guys really want this in vanilla you can propose it directly to Tynan via PM as he is always open to good suggestions - please dont spam him!
You can also make a thread in the suggestions forum.
The more - the more likely it is to happen but please refrain from spam!

millenium

JuliaEllie

Quote from: millenium on December 12, 2014, 07:27:30 PM
Do you get the metal back when you open the can?

Nope. Or would you want to reuse a dirty can? :D also the benefit of non rotting food must cost a bit. You know.. balancing and stuff.. #justModderThings

Dave-In-Texas

Love this addition!

since raw meat and raw potato both have a nutrition of 10, i decided my colonists know how to capture the full nutritional value of the food and so upped the nutrition of the canned foods to 10 :)

edit:

Uh oh.   My colonists prefer the cans to the cooked simple meals. 

i fixed their preference for canned food by changing the type to MealAwful, incidentally changing the nutrition back to 5 just in case that was part of the problem.

now when they eat the cooked simple meals (made from canned food obv) they get the thought 'ate cooked canned food' for 2 and it stacks.

Iwillbenicetou

When I saw the photo, and I saw the bottom...
Don't worry, your secret's safe with me (put infinite power on)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

JuliaEllie

Hehe I think thats what you get for staging your screenshots and then edit them sloppy