[A10] Cryptohax Cryo Charges FML edition - JuliaEllie (23.04.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, December 11, 2014, 03:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unifex

I've uploaded a couple of WIP mods here:

https://github.com/calmhorizons/innerworlds

The release/Innerworlds-Armoury-Mines folder is a mod that does pretty much the same as the cryptosleep charge mod, with some tweaked graphics and slightly different effects when triggered (alternates a puff of smoke with the sparks), as well as different resource requirements. Its not actually something I anticipate keeping in the mod in its current form and was more to experiment, but if it helps please try it (and give any credit back to the original mod author, not my idea). I can submit any of the C# code back if anyone is interested before its committed properly, the SVG vector images (I used Inkscape, recommend it) etc are all made by me and are fair game under the Apache license. Only PNG's in the upload just yet, they get filtered from the packages but if anyone wants the source SVG images I can send them on.

I'll commit the source for the WIP when I've cleaned up the gradle scripts a bit. The Innerworlds-Base mod there doesn't do too much at the moment apart from add some new (untweaked) metals, and plump helmets :) Its not required for the armoury-mines mod. The plump helmets uses a new Fungi class that will only grow in the dark, and if hit with light it resets the fungi' growth. Some things in there that'd be nice to amend in the base Plant class to make it more conducive to subclassing. I attempted to add a drop shadow effect to the shrooms, but I don't think I've picked the right transparent shader or I'm missing something, can't see the alpha PNG bits.

Ultimately I'm aiming for a bit of an overhaul series of mods, with extra races, tech levels/research trees and end game scenarios but I'm cutting my teeth by poking around things atm :)

JuliaEllie

FIX: I finally found time and motivation to fix that stupid shameful mistake - sorry that it took so long.

JuliaEllie

Raufgar

Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Duros001

Great mod :) I just have a question:

Would it be possible to mod in a device that scans the pod and tells you what's in it? Or is each time it pops up to to the RNG gods?

I'm not near the pc for a few days so I can't save, open a crypto cask, reload and just do it again to see lol

JuliaEllie

Yes it would totaly be possible. The content of the casket is generated on map generation - no more RNG after that.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Do you only need 1 for all the sleep pods? Or multiple like if i put the cryopop and the knock out on by 1 pod will it knock out all of them? you know what i mean?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

unifex

From memory you need one right next to each pod, and just one detonator.

Raufgar

Quote from: unifex on March 17, 2015, 04:30:07 AM
From memory you need one right next to each pod, and just one detonator.

Also, to add, put the charges 1st, then once they are all in place, do you put the detonator, since that activates all charges in range.

silentlord

1 detonator (last), 1 cryo-pop-charge (noticed 1 charge pops them all) and then however many pods they are, add posion or knock-out etc next to each pod.

i made the mistake of putting only one knockout charge next to a pod, as i thought the pop charge only did one. ended up popping all 6 pods and leaving 5 heavily armed guys for my 4 lone melee armed guys to fight.

Raufgar

Defection

Any chance for update for A12D version?
This mod is really helpfull :)