Sub-dermal armor and visual changes

Started by Azrail, December 21, 2014, 09:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azrail

A very simple suggestion which I'm unaware if it has been mentioned yet.

How about some sort of armor mesh that provides damage reduction like clothing and armor does but is applied via implants like with the bionic parts.

I also really like the idea of the new bionic parts having a visual update on the pawns (I'm aware they don't actually have limbs for the bionic arms and legs) so when say they have bionic eyes they eyes on their faces glows blue.

This sort of change would also help modders to make new and interesting parts that change the characters appearance mid-game to include weird and wacky things like horns, spikes and other strange inventions.

Post your thoughts on this below. Always nice to see what others think.

keylocke

yea, i've always wanted to see them have arms and legs and animations.
i'm not really a fan of the prison architect artstyle, so i'm feeling some form of disconnect.

for example, the main menu and the storyteller art are well done, but once you start playing the game proper, players are subjected to this... graphic artstyle that looks like one of those old free flash games you can play on a browser..

-------------

thankfully, the gameplay more than makes up for it. which is why people who don't like the art, don't really complain about it. while there are also people out there that actually does like the artstyle, and i kinda envy them.

anyways, the graphics is modabble i guess.. so there's not much to complain about.