[W|0.0.254] Building on edge of map - graphics issue - Fixed 254b

Started by Selgald, November 07, 2013, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selgald

This suddenly appeared, restarting the game and reload the savegame wont work. Loading the savegame also loads the graphic error.
Starting a new game and the error is gone.

I was not doing anything special just looking how may colony grows.

See the attachment with the nice effects.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Deutsches RimWorld Let's Play: YouTube Selgald

zureal

I loaded 254 today and took my first embark.  There was an area in the lower right that looked fairly defensible, so I moved in to make 4 rooms along the wall.

One second later, the screen does this

I've tried restarting, reloading, but the game still totally dies. 

Save file is https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9atpace5fpfyp9/Broken.rim

I don't know if the game is mad at me for blocking off a side of the map or what.  I'll try another game and see if it happens in those as well.

zureal

Produno

I think this is Tynans take on Dwarf Fortress ;p

What graphic cards do you guys have?

zureal

I'm running Windows 8.1 with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M and the latest drivers

Darkireland

Firstly been following this game for a while took the plunge after the pre alpha was released and i think this game has a great future.

However the latest build seems to have a game breaking bug in which a few seconds after starting a new game the graphics turn into a sorta heat map it then sticks all the names and menus on screen and causes them to multiple all over the place as you move the map. The old trick to fix the black screen doesn't work and sadly the games now unplayable.

Just to bring it to your attention

Selgald

Deutsches RimWorld Let's Play: YouTube Selgald

Darkireland

Firstly been following this game for a while took the plunge after the pre alpha was released and i think this game has a great future.

However the latest build seems to have a game breaking bug in which a few seconds after starting a new game the graphics turn into a sorta heat map it then sticks all the names and menus on screen and causes them to multiple all over the place as you move the map. The old trick to fix the black screen doesn't work and sadly the games now unplayable.

I did nothing special just played the game for roughly 30-40 seconds at a time to cause this issue

My pc is running a ati 6850 card with 1 gig of ram latest drivers lintel i7 4ghz quad core and 6 gig of ram

Darkireland

Bent

I'm having the same problem, alltough it takes a while before it happens for me, probally around 10 minutes or so. When it happens i also manage to get the menu up in normal graphics by spamming esc, so i can save the game and exit.

Darkireland

Just adding a screenshot

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

diaboro919

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Darkireland

No brand new colony's unless merely having old saves in my folder would cause a problem ?