[W|0.0.254] Building on edge of map - graphics issue - Fixed 254b

Started by Selgald, November 07, 2013, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: Darkireland on November 07, 2013, 07:40:43 PM
No brand new colony's unless merely having old saves in my folder would cause a problem ?

No it woudn't.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

zureal

The savegame I posted in the thread on this I started, was a brand new embark.  The graphical error started within about 60 seconds of unpausing the game.

Tynan

So.. it was a new game started in 254, and this error occurred 60 seconds in. Did anything happen at that moment? Did you do anything in particular beforehand?

enystrom8734

Merged same three issues.

Is there difference between 253C and 254?
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Tynan

Quote from: enystrom8734 on November 07, 2013, 07:51:10 PM

Yes, but they are very minor. I'm looking into the urgently.

enystrom8734

Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2013, 07:53:17 PM
Quote from: enystrom8734 on November 07, 2013, 07:51:10 PM

Yes, but they are very minor. I'm looking into the urgently.

Hope on IRC if you need me for testing and want to chat directly. Will sort through the bugs. Are all the fixes you made on mantis in 254?
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

diaboro919

how odd :/

Ive yet to have any problems regarding graphics with any build... and im destroying this game as best as possible haha.

maybe a bug with the story teller? or perhaps playing the game while other windows are open? Ive had problems with other games doing this when i had internet browser, C engine and other things open at once

Darkireland

Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2013, 07:48:03 PM
So.. it was a new game started in 254, and this error occurred 60 seconds in. Did anything happen at that moment? Did you do anything in particular beforehand?

It was a brand new game in fact at lest 3 brand new games and the problem always occurred less than 1 min in i didn't do anything at all that i could see to cause a graphical issue i didn't change my settings i didn't move the window i didn't try to maximize it or minimize it just started to organize my little guys

zureal

Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2013, 07:48:03 PM

The only thing I did was start the game and immediately pause.  Spent a few minutes looking around trying to find a good place to set up.  Decided to use the far right of the screen and used the architect to plan out 4 rooms.  Unpaused the game, let them run over and start building the walls.  15-20 seconds later, the screen turned orange and the game became unresponsive.  I let it run a little longer, saved and quit just to see if it was a point in time glitch, but the 2nd save from the same game does the same thing.  The save I actually posted, gives you about 2 seconds before the screen goes wonky. 

diaboro919

It was a brand new game in fact at lest 3 brand new games and the problem always occurred less than 1 min in i didn't do anything at all that i could see to cause a graphical issue i didn't change my settings i didn't move the window i didn't try to maximize it or minimize it just started to organize my little guys
[/quote]

are you playing full screen or window?

Tynan

It's not actually a graphical problem. That's just what the game displays when the code breaks.

Looking into that savegame.

Tynan

OK zureal, your crash is related to building right on the edge of the map. It shouldn't crash on this behavior but if you want to play right now just leave a few squares at the edge.

zureal

Quote from: diaboro919 on November 07, 2013, 08:07:16 PM

are you playing full screen or window?

I'm playing windowed, but it appears that it's not a graphical error, according to the boss :)

zureal

Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2013, 08:09:53 PM
OK zureal, your crash is related to building right on the edge of the map. It shouldn't crash on this behavior but if you want to play right now just leave a few squares at the edge.

That's pretty much what I expected the problem was.  I knew it was kind of a game breaker, but it let me build there, so I did.   ;D

Megfir

Version: 0.0.254 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
250x250 map
Graphics card: Ati Radeon HD5770

During a "fog"-tagged weather, the fog graphics fill the screen with 100% opacity excluding colonist names and GUI. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/edqbQlM
The effect cleared when saved, quit to main menu and loaded the save again, only to reappear a moment later.

Savefile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r50n28iu5n0oyl0/fogbug.rim
To reproduce the bug, load game, play around a while. I don't know the exact trigger, but it triggered quite shortly after opening the save, ~a minute in.