[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWashingToad

Quote from: Jacksidious on February 09, 2015, 05:50:11 PM
Ok I've tried and tried but im stumped. Is there something required to install a "implant"?

I'm using the epyk pack and think it could be a mod conflict. I was determined to solve this myself but im just wondering if you know of anything that would cause just the implants to not be in the menu for operations.

I have everything else but any type of implant visual/skill at arms/audio don't show up. I have the items bought and crafted myself and neither show up in the menu. :/

Also want to say I love your mod and thank you lol
Need to post this under Epyk's pack mod thread - but I'm running same thing, and have no issues doing that. Make sure you have medicine b/c that's needed to install, and make sure you have the modconfig file loaded so it loads all the mods in the recommended order (it helps a LOT).
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

elStrages

Rasher may have solved your problem. If not let me know we will try and find a resolution

Jacksidious

Quote from: Tasher on February 09, 2015, 05:52:31 PM
Need to post this under Epyk's pack mod thread - but I'm running same thing, and have no issues doing that. Make sure you have medicine b/c that's needed to install, and make sure you have the modconfig file loaded so it loads all the mods in the recommended order (it helps a LOT).

Ok good to know it's working. I have the right order and medicine so I have no idea. I'll recheck the order and try a few other things.

I know it's not his mod, it worked fine alone just curious what could cause an issue like that.

Quote from: elStrages on February 09, 2015, 06:33:26 PM
Rasher may have solved your problem. If not let me know we will try and find a resolution

Ok awesome sounds good.

Jacksidious

Ok solved it! The problem was me, I forgot I added Combat realism and apparently that's incompatible with mods that edit the body(as it says on the forum post) lol.

I don't know much about programming or modding but good news is I fixed it (maybe). Still got to test some things out but I can see the implants now and install them with them working correctly. Both mods seem to be working as intended so far but not completely sure on that yet.

elStrages

Quote from: Jacksidious on February 10, 2015, 01:42:09 PM
Ok solved it! The problem was me, I forgot I added Combat realism and apparently that's incompatible with mods that edit the body(as it says on the forum post) lol.

I don't know much about programming or modding but good news is I fixed it (maybe). Still got to test some things out but I can see the implants now and install them with them working correctly. Both mods seem to be working as intended so far but not completely sure on that yet.
Human pawn Defs Xml confliction... standard.

Jacksidious

Quote from: elStrages on February 10, 2015, 01:46:02 PM

Yeah I think because I had his mod after yours and it was overwriting it? I just added your parts to his body and the healthdiffs. Not sure if that was bad but all seems good.

Only weird thing is parts that were added before the change are on wrong parts. Like peg legs on thumbs lol. If you take them off and add the part again it goes to the right spot though.

Epyk

Quote from: Jacksidious on February 10, 2015, 02:28:20 PM
Quote from: elStrages on February 10, 2015, 01:46:02 PM

Yeah I think because I had his mod after yours and it was overwriting it? I just added your parts to his body and the healthdiffs. Not sure if that was bad but all seems good.

Only weird thing is parts that were added before the change are on wrong parts. Like peg legs on thumbs lol. If you take them off and add the part again it goes to the right spot though.

Always wanted a peg-leg based super hero!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Didact04

I'm interested in this pack, but at the same time I'm reading through some of its content and I can't shake this feeling that 'nano' is constantly being used as its own substance. Just going through the changelogs and picking out the items themselves I run into logical errors:

"- Cyber Weapons:"

'Cyber' refers to something computer-based or digital in nature. I feel like weapons with computers in them at the era this game takes place in is a bit low-end, considering they can make anti-matter reactors and inject themselves with little trinkets to feed information into their brains.

"- Nano Weapons:"

The use of 'nano' here is very vague. What are the nanomachines doing? Are they the projectiles? That's very inefficient. Are they doing something here? Or is this just a fancy name to put on a higher tier piece of equipment?

" - Nanotech and Cybernetic Advanced Machinegun Turrets"

So are the guns made out of nanomachines? What even is a cyber-turret? How come the nanomachines themselves aren't being used as weapons? Think of the chaos you can weave on a microscopic level.

"- Implants:
      - Cybernetic Jaw
      - Cybernetic Nose
      - Melee Implant
      - Skill at Arms Implant"

I don't feel like these make sense. Unless there's a nice description in which case I'd be delighted to see it.

"nurf"

*nerf

"- nanofusion"

I hope you got really technical with this.

"- Cyberskeleton"

A digital skeleton? Doesn't sound particularly robust. Or, y'know, physical.

"- Nanoskin"

Skin made out of nanomachines?

"- Advanced Visual and audio implants"

I feel like these could have some degree of effect, but it depends. What do they do? Are they processing visual/auditory information for you ahead of time before being streamed to your subconscious? Does this somehow make your eyes/ears stronger? Are these augments to eyes/ears or the brain? If you're processing the information for them ahead of time, why mess with inferior humans at all and not just make a machine that runs off this technology? Y'know, with superhuman reflexes/power/force? Something?

"- Cybernetic helmet"

I really want a description of what "cybernetic" is in this context.

Basically I just want some explanations of what this stuff is supposed to be. It's a bit of an immersion-killer and I can't help but nitpick.

HahaOhWow

Forgive me if this has been asked in the previous 27 pages but I have a question that's been rather bothersome for me. I've always tried to use mixed unit tactics (from weapons types to including brawlers for flanking) and I have fallen in love with this mod pack BUT it puts a kink in my brawlers. The spine (major problem can't remove a spinal implant without complete mobility/manipulation loss and there's no 'human spine'), sternum, hands and arms all overwrite whatever melee weapon they have equip to use their damage instead despite the fact that the weapon they are holding is stronger in every way. Is there a way this can be changed? Even just a quick point to where the damage for the parts is in the mod file itself so I can remove the damage aspect would be much appreciated! Sorry again if this has already been answered. 

elStrages

@Didact04
Simple put nano is a pre programmed machine that does something it's told. The nano in front of name is to distinguish the tier it's built at and what ingredients it's likely to use.
Cyber is the next tier of self aware machines that help the user. This again is a tier distinguishing feature.
I'm not going to write a while back story to each part and item in the mod. This is a mod and not the vanilla game. If it gets to a piont where the mod doubles in size I will employee you to come and immerse people. As it stands I don't really have the time or want to do it sorry.

@hahaohwow
Once you install those parts their melee damage will be better than any weapon you can make in the game. That is why they don't use them. If you want all the stats of items feel free to look through the XML code. You can nurf anything you don't like

popster99

HahaOhWow

I've yet to see an installed body part hit harder than a legendary knife (40 every .33) or spear ([email protected]) the body parts seem to be 15-17 damage if I remember... Not sure if it's one of the many mods I use or vanilla legendary vanilla weapons being really stronk. Will take a look the xmls then.

Edit: Found and removed damage factors (sans hands and my brawlers are back up to sending limbs flying! :D) and noticed there's no hands defined on two tables. Still new to modding and was wondering if just snipping in a BodyPartDef and a ThingDef for hands would allow hands to be installed with arms? or am I over simplifying things?

elStrages

Quote from: popster99 on February 14, 2015, 04:19:49 AM
that misspelling of nerf lol nurf
phone post auto correct!
Quote from: HahaOhWow on February 14, 2015, 06:58:56 AM
I've yet to see an installed body part hit harder than a legendary knife (40 every .33) or spear ([email protected]) the body parts seem to be 15-17 damage if I remember... Not sure if it's one of the many mods I use or vanilla legendary vanilla weapons being really stronk. Will take a look the xmls then.
sorry what I should have said is they are higher the coded weapon stats. legendary knife ay, never seen this. As it stands then Im not sure what I can do about it, this would be a hard coded pawn issue. It would need to know that it needs to use the melee weapon with the highest damage, equipped or not.  i don't know what else to suggest other than don't install them, sorry. But as it stands right now i cant do much about it.

HahaOhWow

Quote from: elStrages on February 14, 2015, 09:18:14 AM
phone post auto correct!
sorry what I should have said is they are higher the coded weapon stats. legendary knife ay, never seen this. As it stands then Im not sure what I can do about it, this would be a hard coded pawn issue. It would need to know that it needs to use the melee weapon with the highest damage, equipped or not.  i don't know what else to suggest other than don't install them, sorry. But as it stands right now i cant do much about it.

Yeah I was looking over it all and coming up with a work around for using the highest damage equipped limb/weapon would have been too much work, I did edit the damage/swing on the cyberHands and upped the cost to compensate. But now I'm stuck with not being able to put cyberHands on any pawn that's had surgery on their arms (including transplanted human arms).

elStrages

Quote from: HahaOhWow on February 14, 2015, 09:22:58 AM
Quote from: elStrages on February 14, 2015, 09:18:14 AM
phone post auto correct!

Yeah I was looking over it all and coming up with a work around for using the highest damage equipped limb/weapon would have been too much work, I did edit the damage/swing on the cyberHands and upped the cost to compensate. But now I'm stuck with not being able to put cyberHands on any pawn that's had surgery on their arms (including transplanted human arms).
yeah that is the way the items are installed, the code tynan put in place removes a large amour of parts and when you install the arm it counts as 1 item apposed to the complete set of items that it replaced, I may look into a dll to se if I can code it to re add all the pieces when tat specific item is installed, would be a lot of work though.