[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: TracerFox on February 18, 2015, 02:08:37 AM
Quote from: elStrages on February 18, 2015, 01:30:38 AM
Rimwolrd folder > mods > "mod name" > defs > thingDefs > race_humanoid.xml
I believe that's the file path, I'm not near my computer to look right now :) but I'm pritty sure its that
Huh... Just checked the ES mod, and it does not use that file, nor does it seem to edit the humanoid pawn defs anywhere else in the mod.
I cant see what the problem is. when you play the game, activate cybernetic storm first then close the mod install options. Then go back in and install extended surgeries. see if that resolves your problems.

elStrages

Alpha 9 Update Released
Looks like im first :) Alpha 9 Update for Cybernetic Storm

palandus

elStrages

i thought so too haha, it was available to download so i cracked on, i even put down Total War Attila so i could!

dareddevil7

elStrages

Redshadow

Good job updating this so quickly!
Quick thing I found out in the game whilst playing it today was that you can't have your armour(I've only tested with Cybernetic so far) on at the same time as one of the new personal energy shields. Weather this is intentional or not, it gave me a few ideas... How about
-An implant that gives a minor version of the energy shield
-An implant/apparel item that gives a bonus to the maximum charge a shield can have
-An armour that has an integrated shield system
-A version of the armour that can be equipped alongside a shield
-A ranged weapon that disables shields for a couple of seconds/minutes
-A ranged weapon that can be fired from inside a shield
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

elStrages

Quote from: Redshadow on February 19, 2015, 12:52:40 PM
Quick thing I found out in the game whilst playing it today was that you can't have your armour(I've only tested with Cybernetic so far) on at the same time as one of the new personal energy shields. Weather this is intentional or not, it gave me a few ideas... How about
-An implant/apparel item that gives a bonus to the maximum charge a shield can have
I will test them against each other and I will definitely add your ideas to the list! I had only seen that these shields where in from the video. So I will test and measure.

Edit: I have looked through the stats and it is where the shield and the armour both get applied.  This means that you can wear a shield and cybernetic or nanotech armour. But this is also true of Vanilla Power Armour. So I will look for a work around, I may apply the armour like parka or have them as their own layer entirely. The other side of the coin is keeping it the same as the vanilla power armour, and just making more shields and or implants that use the stats, I will have a play around.

Redshadow

Quote from: elStrages on February 19, 2015, 01:18:46 PM
Quote from: Redshadow on February 19, 2015, 12:52:40 PM
I will test them against each other and I will definitely add your ideas to the list! I had only seen that these shields where in from the video. So I will test and measure.

Edit: I have looked through the stats and it is where the shield and the armour both get applied.  This means that you can wear a shield and cybernetic or nanotech armour. But this is also true of Vanilla Power Armour. So I will look for a work around, I may apply the armour like parka or have them as their own layer entirely. The other side of the coin is keeping it the same as the vanilla power armour, and just making more shields and or implants that use the stats, I will have a play around.

Thanks! I love your mod, it was the first one I downloaded for A9 because I got so much good use out of it on A8, keep up the good work!

Rathael

I would also like to request two new guns.

1) A slightly faster firing version of the Nano/Cyber Rifle, but only fires 1 shot at a time. Longer range and more accurate than the pistol, but not as much as the sniper gun.

2) Nano Shotgun and Cyber Shotgun. :)

elStrages

Quote from: Redshadow on February 19, 2015, 02:44:59 PM
Thanks! I love your mod, it was the first one I downloaded for A9 because I got so much good use out of it on A8, keep up the good work!
Cheers dude :) glad your enjoying it!

Quote from: Rathael on February 19, 2015, 03:04:37 PM
I would also like to request two new guns.

1) A slightly faster firing version of the Nano/Cyber Rifle, but only fires 1 shot at a time. Longer range and more accurate than the pistol, but not as much as the sniper gun.

2) Nano Shotgun and Cyber Shotgun. :)
There is already a nano shotgun :) but I eill add the rest to list :)

Rathael

There is!? Why have I not seen this? Awesome! I'll look for it. Maybe it is because I tend to skip past nano and go for Cyber stuff.

Rathael

Hmm. Now that I think of it, you might want to make Bionic, Nano, and Cyber all distinct sets from each other instead of a straight upgrade. I tend to skip past the first two and go right for the Cyber stuff since it is always better.

With the new changes to surgery, the possibility of catastrophic surgery results will make people want to do the fewest surgeries possible and even more people will probably just wait until they have access to the cyber implants.

Something like:
Bionic = Worker Upgrades
Nano = Melee
Cyber = Ranged
Might work out okay. They would each upgrade some of the same things, but with a heavier emphasis on each category? Nano would have heavier armor and melee abilities, Cyber would be good for speed and ranged abilities. What do you think?

elStrages

Quote from: Rathael on February 19, 2015, 03:58:05 PM
Hmm. Now that I think of it, you might want to make Bionic, Nano, and Cyber all distinct sets from each other instead of a straight upgrade. I tend to skip past the first two and go right for the Cyber stuff since it is always better.

With the new changes to surgery, the possibility of catastrophic surgery results will make people want to do the fewest surgeries possible and even more people will probably just wait until they have access to the cyber implants.

Something like:
Bionic = Worker Upgrades
Nano = Melee
Cyber = Ranged
Might work out okay. They would each upgrade some of the same things, but with a heavier emphasis on each category? Nano would have heavier armor and melee abilities, Cyber would be good for speed and ranged abilities. What do you think?
not a bad idea, these stats would only apply to armours though, as the implants change different stats. what people can make would also depend on the availability of resources, in the Alpha 9 release, things like plasteel became a bit rarer so hopefully people wont be able to make tones of Cybernetic stuff. We will see, I will update the areas im working on now and add some new content then return to tweak I think.

Redshadow

Quote from: Rathael on February 19, 2015, 03:58:05 PM

Something like:
Bionic = Worker Upgrades
Nano = Melee
Cyber = Ranged

Was thinkibg to self 'So my previous sugguestion of shielded armour could be the nanotech armour. But what would be a good cyber-grade version of a Nanotech sheild generator implant/generator armour? Oh, maybe either just a significaltly better one, or a device that either stops wounds from bleeding, or uh... Maybe a random chance to heal a wound every ingame hour/half-day/day, but it's 100% chance to be 'poor treatment' every time.'
*couldn't help self from typing out thoughts*

So yeah, I couldn't sleep and i just-so-happened to have a device capable of writing this. A few other random sugguestions
-weapon that stuns a target, and decreases conciousness slightly, but the effect is stackable.(kind of like a psionic wave gun, the more the recipient of said waves is receiving said waves, the more they'll be disoriented and maybe eventually when consciousness hits 0% they become incapped/go mad(Maybe binge drinking, even... for whatever random , somewhat comical reason)/go braindead.
- an implant that heals somewhat poorly, but heals the pawn that has the implant nonetheless
- Maybe some psychological manipulation implant, could maybe allow a colonist w/ the inplant to not just arrest people, but induce mental breaks(maybe even pick which one they have. Maybe also have a chance to damage the brain of the person inducing the break based on a will-to-breakingpoint ratio)(or just add a -45 mood effect to people shooting at the person with the implant)(or both..)
-implant that gives the colonist the ability to perform doctoring without medkits as though they were using medkits, maybe also allow surgeries withour medkits
-misc. profession-specific implants, like deployavle Scissorfingers, which adds a + to plant skill(yes, edward scissorhands referece...)
Hope I didn't bore you with my relatively unconventional & virtually impossible-to-make-happen ideas.