[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

At this rate I will have to make you co-modder lol :D
All great idea bud, I will add them to my list.

Nemesis

Hello there,
I've tried the new Alpha 9 with this mod and maybe I found a small bug. When the Cybernetic trader arrived I had the option to purchase a Cybernetic turret gun for 0.50$ . Well I gave it a try and armed my colonist with it and it worked, although I think it acted like a Cyber MG. So I expect that shouldn't be possible, as in Alpha 8 it wasn't.

Redshadow

Quote from: elStrages on February 19, 2015, 07:28:05 PM

Thanks. After seeing the new update to the Rim Effect mod w/ its shield that allows for ranged weapons to be fired out of it, I've reconsidered my 'Cyber version of Nano shield armour should be a slow healing armour' idea, and originally I thought that a shield's 'Don't allow weapons to shoot out' part was hard-coded, thus making something that doesn't have that same property somewhat impossible without an extensively vast amount of coding, trial & error. In conclusion, maybe a Cyber shield should exist with a -50% efficiency (both recharge rate and max charge) but allows for ranged weapons to be fired from it.
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

TracerFox

Got a compatibility suggestion to make.  I've finally tracked down why my colonists were ignoring the crafting bill to make the wooden buckets at the wood worktable (buckets coming from Hermit's Kitchen mod).  Turns out that both CS and HK make changes to that workbench which interfere with each other.  I'm not sure what exactly is overriding what, but might be worth exploring.

elStrages

Quote from: Nemesis on February 20, 2015, 09:56:05 AM
Hello there,
I've tried the new Alpha 9 with this mod and maybe I found a small bug. When the Cybernetic trader arrived I had the option to purchase a Cybernetic turret gun for 0.50$ . Well I gave it a try and armed my colonist with it and it worked, although I think it acted like a Cyber MG. So I expect that shouldn't be possible, as in Alpha 8 it wasn't.
Thank I will look into the problem
Quote from: Redshadow on February 20, 2015, 10:10:49 AM
Quote from: elStrages on February 19, 2015, 07:28:05 PM

Thanks. After seeing the new update to the Rim Effect mod w/ its shield that allows for ranged weapons to be fired out of it, I've reconsidered my 'Cyber version of Nano shield armour should be a slow healing armour' idea, and originally I thought that a shield's 'Don't allow weapons to shoot out' part was hard-coded, thus making something that doesn't have that same property somewhat impossible without an extensively vast amount of coding, trial & error. In conclusion, maybe a Cyber shield should exist with a -50% efficiency (both recharge rate and max charge) but allows for ranged weapons to be fired from it.
cool I will change the points I made in the ideas section of my notes and add them as applicable.
Quote from: TracerFox on February 20, 2015, 10:18:15 AM
Got a compatibility suggestion to make.  I've finally tracked down why my colonists were ignoring the crafting bill to make the wooden buckets at the wood worktable (buckets coming from Hermit's Kitchen mod).  Turns out that both CS and HK make changes to that workbench which interfere with each other.  I'm not sure what exactly is overriding what, but might be worth exploring.
The problem is, is that he workbench code he used was from my original water in food mod which I directly copied from CS. If anything needs to change the coding In his mod for the bucket well and workbench all need to be done. I have told him this a couple of times but seems to have not been seen in the posts or maybe he forgot or something. I'll message over there again and see what's up

w4lt3r

With A9 version, my colonists don't seem to gain any experience from crafting on the crafting stations of this mod.
I assume that's a bug and will be fixed at some point.

TracerFox

Quote from: elStrages on February 20, 2015, 11:33:57 AMThe problem is, is that he workbench code he used was from my original water in food mod which I directly copied from CS. If anything needs to change the coding In his mod for the bucket well and workbench all need to be done. I have told him this a couple of times but seems to have not been seen in the posts or maybe he forgot or something. I'll message over there again and see what's up

Gotcha.  I finally made a work-around of my own by removing the water bucket from the dough recipe.  Not very realistic, but functional.  Two additional possible workarounds I tested included changing the water bucket recipe (at the well) to require wood directly (instead of crafting empty bucket first).  Third workaround would be to edit the dough recipe again; in there is a commented out section which gives the empty bucket back after making dough, just uncomment this to make buckets re-usable.  This third option would require you to start with at least one bucket of course.

elStrages

Quote from: w4lt3r on February 21, 2015, 12:11:01 PM
With A9 version, my colonists don't seem to gain any experience from crafting on the crafting stations of this mod.
its not a bug, its a change in code by Tynan, so I had to remove the code lines.
Quote from: TracerFox on February 21, 2015, 12:13:38 PM
Quote from: elStrages on February 20, 2015, 11:33:57 AMThe problem is, is that he workbench code he used was from my original water in food mod which I directly copied from CS. If anything needs to change the coding In his mod for the bucket well and workbench all need to be done. I have told him this a couple of times but seems to have not been seen in the posts or maybe he forgot or something. I'll message over there again and see what's up

Gotcha.  I finally made a work-around of my own by removing the water bucket from the dough recipe.  Not very realistic, but functional.  Two additional possible workarounds I tested included changing the water bucket recipe (at the well) to require wood directly (instead of crafting empty bucket first).  Third workaround would be to edit the dough recipe again; in there is a commented out section which gives the empty bucket back after making dough, just uncomment this to make buckets re-usable.  This third option would require you to start with at least one bucket of course.
cool well let Hermit know the issue, if he re-codes them it will resolve the issue :) its mainly the workbench that's the issue.

Duser600

w4lt3r

On another note - Not being able to install implants now, or do I have to harvest an limb / organ to replace it with a cybernetic / nanotech ones?

Bionic implants seem to work but nanotech / cybernetics are not.

LordShotGun

The nano and cyber weapon creation stations don't appear to be working for me, they take the materials but doesn't produce anything. However I am modding the crap outta my game so I dunno, just wanted to check to see if this was a known issue or its on my end.

Also, is there a way to make nano and cyber armor "last" longer? I don't mean tougher versus incoming damage, just so they don't deteriorate so friggin quickly. I had an awesome character and I saved up enough silver to buy a cyber suit, only to have it fall apart in less then 6 months. Considering the shear amount of resources and time required to make a suit or the large amount of silver required to buy one, I would like it to last longer.

Besides, isnt this supposed to be master chief level space armor? Or even better?

Rathael

I second the durability running out way too fast for armor of this type:
"I am Iron Man!" > "I am Rust Man!" > "I am Naked Man!" :p

Kyos

Are there any plans on adding the items, Military Helmet, Kevlar Helmet and Armor Vest to the crafting bench? Possibly using carbon fibers for the kevlar and vest to some extent?

elStrages

Quote from: w4lt3r on February 21, 2015, 12:46:18 PM
On another note - Not being able to install implants now, or do I have to harvest an limb / organ to replace it with a cybernetic / nanotech ones?

Bionic implants seem to work but nanotech / cybernetics are not.
logged will look into it.

Quote from: LordShotGun on February 21, 2015, 02:46:36 PM
The nano and cyber weapon creation stations don't appear to be working for me, they take the materials but doesn't produce anything. However I am modding the crap outta my game so I dunno, just wanted to check to see if this was a known issue or its on my end.

Also, is there a way to make nano and cyber armor "last" longer? I don't mean tougher versus incoming damage, just so they don't deteriorate so friggin quickly. I had an awesome character and I saved up enough silver to buy a cyber suit, only to have it fall apart in less then 6 months. Considering the shear amount of resources and time required to make a suit or the large amount of silver required to buy one, I would like it to last longer.

Besides, isnt this supposed to be master chief level space armor? Or even better?
I will double check to see if it is this mod, If I cant find anything likely hood is that its getting interfered with.
Quote from: Rathael on February 21, 2015, 04:04:56 PM
I second the durability running out way too fast for armor of this type:
"I am Iron Man!" > "I am Rust Man!" > "I am Naked Man!" :p

I will see what I can do to slow down the decay rate, but I think it may be hard coded, logged though and I wil get back to you.
Quote from: Kyos on February 21, 2015, 05:29:34 PM
Are there any plans on adding the items, Military Helmet, Kevlar Helmet and Armor Vest to the crafting bench? Possibly using carbon fibers for the kevlar and vest to some extent?
Yes, in the next major update :)

Bare with me guys and gals, I have been super busy at home with family stuff and I brought TW:Attilla (been out 5 days already played 26 hours... oops). I am trying to put this mod first as it is my major one. Look forward to the next update which if all goes to plan should be ready by middle of next week. Lots of content and coding added, so I hope you enjoy it!

Ykara

Quote from: elStrages on February 21, 2015, 12:25:09 PM
Quote from: w4lt3r on February 21, 2015, 12:11:01 PM
its not a bug, its a change in code by Tynan, so I had to remove the code lines.
I'm not sure if you've already found out, but Tynan hasn't removed this feature, he just renamed it. Instead of determining how much xp your colonists gain it's calculated with the worktime I think.
Instead of    

<skillGains><Crafting>120</Crafting></skillGains>

it's now

<workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>

Hope I have helped you if you didn't know this already ^^