[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: Ykara on February 21, 2015, 07:29:45 PM
I'm not sure if you've already found out, but Tynan hasn't removed this feature, he just renamed it. Instead of determining how much xp your colonists gain it's calculated with the worktime I think.
Instead of    

<skillGains><Crafting>120</Crafting></skillGains>

it's now

<workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>

Hope I have helped you if you didn't know this already ^^

Ahh I see yeah thanks that is a lt of help saved me searching for it. I will add it back into all the crafting :) should only take two munutes. Expect it in the next update!

|========Bug reports: (fixing for patch 3.45/3.5)========|
Problem Unresolvable | Current Problem | Problem Resolved
3.4.a: Cybernetic Turret Brought from trader
removed trader tags and tested, 15 traders no turret hopefully its resolved.
3.4.b: No crafting experience recieved
I Thanks to the guy above for pointing out the code line to be re-added.
3.4.c: Unable to install implants
Played through a cross section of my implants and havnt found an issue installing anything. The bud may be a compatibility issue with another mod.
3.4.d: Degrading of armor too fast
Coding error, fixed now and degrading is lower than standard apparel. This may increase in later versions are testing. As it stand standard deg = 1, nanotech = 0.8, cyber = 0.6.
3.4.e: Shield and armour cannot be worn together
I changed the application area of the armour levels of cyber and nanotech, they don't represent vanilla anymore but I you can wear them together now.
3.4.f:hand install part not working
|=========================================|

elStrages

So in an attempt to bring Nanotech armour into the fold, I was given the idea to have Nanotech armour based around melee combat and Cybernetic armour based around range combat. So I have changed the stats to reflect this.
Nanotech have increased resistance, effects melee cooldown and hit chance and can be worn with a shield.
Cybernetic Armour effects range accuracy, is slightly less melee reistant, but also increases range aim speed and increases fire rate
This way hopefully people will have a set or armour for their ranged and their melee fighters.
Research will remain unchanged.

UA_Serpent

I see another problem.
You should balance item prices
for example
Vanilla Pistol = $200
Nano pistol (better than Vanilla) = $120
And many other.
Cybernetic Armor better than Power Armor but their cost near equal.
With love from Ukraine.

elStrages

Quote from: UA_Serpent on February 22, 2015, 10:33:35 AM
I see another problem.
You should balance item prices
for example
Vanilla Pistol = $200
Nano pistol (better than Vanilla) = $120
And many other.
Cybernetic Armor better than Power Armor but their cost near equal.
Yeah I noticed that and its already been fixed. Thanks though bud :)
Will be in the next update :)

JustNTyme

The reason for the cybernetics not being able to be installed is a incompatibility issue between this mod and the zombie apocalypse mod. Not expecting anything just thought i'll let you know...

elStrages

Quote from: JustNTyme on February 22, 2015, 02:17:17 PM
The reason for the cybernetics not being able to be installed is a incompatibility issue between this mod and the zombie apocalypse mod. Not expecting anything just thought i'll let you know...
Thanks I will put it on the main page.
Quote from: Cybergoth on February 22, 2015, 03:16:16 PM
Wow!
Awesome mod!
Glad your enjoying it :)

elStrages

New tech tree. This is to be released with the next major update.  If you play the mod you can work out what I have added ;) and will give you a little incite into what to expect.  I like giving out little teasers, and the next update will be one of the biggest in a while.  A lot of my time has gone into balancing the mod, this means code cutting, stat recalculating and a lot more. well hope you enjoy it anyways.
Click the picture to enlarge

Thogapotomus

Looks nice. Got an ETA in mind? I've put crafting XP back in my version and was gonna make a few tweaks for a playthrough, but if you're releasing in the next few days I'll just wait.

Awesome mod though, and thanks for all the work put into it!

elStrages

Quote from: Thogapotomus on February 22, 2015, 03:43:06 PM
Looks nice. Got an ETA in mind? I've put crafting XP back in my version and was gonna make a few tweaks for a playthrough, but if you're releasing in the next few days I'll just wait.

Awesome mod though, and thanks for all the work put into it!
I'm hoping to have to done by Wed/Thu with a little luck, latest Friday.  It does depend on how much time I get in the evenings once I put the kids to bed etc :) but I will slug away.
And..
Thanks glad your enjoying it!

LordShotGun

Have you considered adding neuro-trainers to the cybernetic traders? It seems like the type of item they would carry as well as making them much more valuable as a trader. Currently, I groan when I see a cyber trader notification pop up, as I never have enough silver or stuff to trade to buy anything.

Der Failer

If you haven't already plan/implemented something against those old age illnesses, it would be cool if you could do so. It just seems odd to me that I can replace almost any part of a colonists body, but I can do anything against a bad back.
Also it would be cool if could add carbon/nano/cyber foot. It always seems a little extreme to replace the whole lag if only the foot is missing.
Anyway keep up the good work :)

Edit: Is it intended that your trader don't buy melee weapons? If yes that fine by me, i'm just curious.

Amunak

Quote from: elStrages on February 21, 2015, 06:57:57 PM
Quote from: LordShotGun on February 21, 2015, 02:46:36 PM
The nano and cyber weapon creation stations don't appear to be working for me, they take the materials but doesn't produce anything. ...
I will double check to see if it is this mod, If I cant find anything likely hood is that its getting interfered with.

It seems to be an error with your mod - doesn't work well with creating items with durability I guess? It's really annoying (that and the experience bug). But other than that this mod is just pure awesome.

Console log if it helps:

HBKRKO619

Is it posssible (I absolutly don't know, my capacity in modding are under 0) to made a compatibility patch between your mod and Zombie Apocalypse ? It was one of my must have mod in the alpha 7 and your Cybernetic Storm mod was also a must have in the alpha 8, can't choose between :(

P.S. : I will post this in the Zombie Apocalypse thread as well, maybe you can work together with Justin C (if it's possible, I repeat it, I absolutly don't know)

Thank you :)

shhfiftyfive

i see some non-items being sold by the traders. like cybernetic turrets for 50 cents.