[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathael

I am getting this too:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Julia, Job=DoBill(A=NanoRiflingBenchCS275272, B=NanomitesItemCS281605), Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GenRecipe.PostProcessProduct (Verse.Thing product, Verse.RecipeDef recipeDef, Verse.Pawn worker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenRecipe+<MakeRecipeProducts>c__Iterator13E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey210.<>m__2D4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.BeginNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Lou102

elStrages this is not something that you need to worry about, I just think that this thread is the best place to post this.

My colony only has a skill 4 doctor, he is not skilled enough to install cybernetic parts. (installing bionic and Nanotech parts works fine) I'm posting this because I think the game should kick out a "no one is skilled enough" message like crafting tables do, or at least something that serves the same purpose. It took me about an hour of loading past saves, poking around with the Developer Powers spawning items, and creating a new world to figure out what was going on.

Anyway, love the mod elStrages. Love the game Tynan.

kaiserslash

Just a grammar error I discovered. 
Nano Scatter Shot's description.  It says "A deadly short rage shot weapon", I'm assuming you meant it to say short range.
Also, The Cybernetics Research description has Cybernetics spelled wrong in its description.

elStrages

Quote from: Der Failer on February 22, 2015, 04:39:38 PM
-cut-
Implantable foot - yes added to list :) as for bad back, I am trying to see about resolving this, it just seems to be one of them things that you get in game a little like cataracts and it doesn't matter what you have installed. I will look into it as I might be wrong :D

Quote from: Amunak on February 22, 2015, 07:47:43 PM
-cut-
Console log if it helps:

very helpfully I have added it to the list (See Bellow)

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 22, 2015, 08:29:17 PM
i see some non-items being sold by the traders. like cybernetic turrets for 50 cents.
Aleady resolved (See Bellow)

Quote from: Rathael on February 22, 2015, 08:38:39 PM
I am getting this too: 'NanoRiflingBench' Issue -cut-
thanks have added to the list (See Bellow)

Quote from: Lou102 on February 22, 2015, 08:59:01 PM
My colony only has a skill 4 doctor, he is not skilled enough to install cybernetic parts. I'm posting this because I think the game should kick out a "no one is skilled enough" message.
I thought it did throw a pop up if you started a bill higher than any pawn skill level. but no worries it may have changed in the update. I will look into it (See Bellow)

Quote from: kaiserslash on February 23, 2015, 12:12:52 AM
Just a grammar error I discovered. 
Nano Scatter Shot's description.  It says "A deadly short rage shot weapon", I'm assuming you meant it to say short range.
Also, The Cybernetics Research description has Cybernetics spelled wrong in its description.
Thanks instantly resolved :)

|========Bug reports: (fixing for patch 3.45/3.5)========|
Problem Unresolvable | Current Problem | Problem Resolved
3.4.a: Cybernetic Turret Brought from trader
removed trader tags and tested, 15 traders no turret hopefully its resolved.
3.4.b: No crafting experience recieved
I Thanks to the guy above for pointing out the code line to be re-added.
3.4.c: Unable to install implants.
Played through a cross section of my implants and havnt found an issue installing anything. The bud may be a compatibility issue with another mod.
3.4.d: Degrading of armor too fast
Coding error, fixed now and degrading is lower than standard apparel. This may increase in later versions are testing. As it stand standard deg = 1, nanotech = 0.8, cyber = 0.6.
3.4.e: Shield and armour cannot be worn together
I changed the application area of the armour levels of cyber and nanotech, they don't represent vanilla anymore but I you can wear them together now.
3.4.f: Hand install part not working.
3.4.g: Power armour helmet produces nothing.
3.4.h: Nano rifling bench production broken.
3.4.i: No skill warning on bills, possible code issue.
|=========================================|

shhfiftyfive

can't believe i'm divulging this but i think the nano pistol is under budget, in terms of edb's prepare carefully item budget.

for 240 points it is really a no-brainer choice on what weapon to start with.

the normal vanilla pistol's budget is now 400. so the nano pistol should be at least 450-500 i suppose.

elStrages

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 23, 2015, 02:07:16 AM
can't believe i'm divulging this but i think the nano pistol is under budget, in terms of edb's prepare carefully item budget.

for 240 points it is really a no-brainer choice on what weapon to start with.

the normal vanilla pistol's budget is now 400. so the nano pistol should be at least 450-500 i suppose.
It was based on the price of the weapon. I have increased its price thus solving this issue hopefully :)

Kyos

Glad to hear you are enabling Armor Vests come next major update, running into fights wearing naught but synthread jammies in the early to mid-game always felt a little awkward.

If I may input another suggestion: Editing the hyperweave recipe to use synthread, in addition to devilstrand, in its manufacture. If this is reasonable.

elStrages

Quote from: Kyos on February 23, 2015, 03:15:13 AM
Glad to hear you are enabling Armor Vests come next major update, running into fights wearing naught but synthread jammies in the early to mid-game always felt a little awkward.

If I may input another suggestion: Editing the hyperweave recipe to use synthread, in addition to devilstrand, in its manufacture. If this is reasonable.
as in you can you either individually or that you use both in one recipie

Kyos

Quote from: elStrages on February 23, 2015, 05:09:09 AM
Quote from: Kyos on February 23, 2015, 03:15:13 AM

as in you can you either individually or that you use both in one recipie
The latter. I can't really explain the reasoning behind it. Could be that I feel Hyperweave to be the best you can get with fabric like materials and should be a bit harder than hammering three bits of devilstrand together (3 devilstrand, 1 synthread?). Or that I have huge stocks of cloth from my cotton farms lying around and want to keep the craft-droids busy. By making mechanical sweatshops crafting synthread precursors for use in hyperweave manufacture...

Truth of the matter is a lot sillier however. - Synthread is light blue, hyperweave is a darker shade of blue. Therefore according to my brain, they are connected... Somehow*. Like polyester/cotton blend clothing.

*I might just be insane.

On that note, I feel the power-armor helmets might be a tad cheap, but I am not going to post any suggestions on the economy of late-game armor. Because forums give my anxiety disorder the heebie jeebies, but mostly because I can't remember what the material costs were exactly. (Only that I could make helmets long before I could make the armor suits... I think the devilstrand padding is the bottleneck there.)

KUNG FU JONES

So it took me a while to figure this out but i currently have a colony of people running around with your nano and cybernetic turrets as main weapons cause they were sold for 0.50 and i thought i would test them and they are so damn op (in a hand for 0.50) that i basically beat the game. btw can i just say the nano and long shot sniper are amazing i checked them out and they help out so much late game.

elStrages

Quote from: Kyos on February 23, 2015, 09:06:51 AM
(3 devilstrand, 1 synthread?)
Not a bad resource count. I will have a look and implement something the same or similar.

Quote from: KUNG FU JONES on February 23, 2015, 12:13:14 PM
So it took me a while to figure this out but i currently have a colony of people running around with your nano and cybernetic turrets as main weapons cause they were sold for 0.50 and i thought i would test them and they are so damn op (in a hand for 0.50) that i basically beat the game. btw can i just say the nano and long shot sniper are amazing i checked them out and they help out so much late game.
Thanks for the report. Its a known bug I have squashed :) keep an eye on my bug report list if you find anything else.

|========Bug reports: (fixing for patch 3.45/3.5)========|
Problem Unresolvable | Current Problem | Problem Resolved | Problem Unfound / May have fixed by accident
3.4.a: Cybernetic Turret Brought from trader
removed trader tags and tested, 15 traders no turret hopefully its resolved.
3.4.b: No crafting experience recieved
I Thanks to the guy above for pointing out the code line to be re-added.
3.4.c: Unable to install implants.
Played through a cross section of my implants and havnt found an issue installing anything. The bud may be a compatibility issue with another mod.
3.4.d: Degrading of armor too fast
Coding error, fixed now and degrading is lower than standard apparel. This may increase in later versions are testing. As it stand standard deg = 1, nanotech = 0.8, cyber = 0.6.
3.4.e: Shield and armour cannot be worn together
I changed the application area of the armour levels of cyber and nanotech, they don't represent vanilla anymore but I you can wear them together now.
3.4.f: Hand install part not working.
3.4.g: Power armour/ helmet produces nothing.
Code checked and slight problem in ingredients. Now fixed and produces what its supposed to.
3.4.h: Nano rifling bench production broken.
couldn't find issue, Was able to create all weapons hassle free
3.4.i: No skill warning on bills, possible code issue.
couldn't find issue, got bill warning from all bills
|=========================================|

palandus

I really don't know what Kyos is complaining about it being TOO easy to get Hyperweave. One does have to grow the Devilstrand for like 40 days, and hope you don't get a Blight, Flash Freeze, Mortar Strike from Raiders, or Bush Fire; if they are indoors in Hydroponics, then you have to worry about a Battery Explosion, Eclipse, or Solar Flare as no power means those plants die very quickly... in addition to the fact that each Devilstrand plant only gives like 2-3 Devilstrand to begin with. So... to have enough Devilstrand for 50 Hyperweave, you'd need 50 Devilstrand plants to survive for 40 days... and that's to only produce like one Cybernetic piece.

As for other stuff and ideas for the mod:

-> An advanced personal shield that allows you to fire out from it in addition to being protected by it.
-> A basic shield for a turret, that doesn't allow it to fire, but absorb a few shots. Useful for your colonists for using the turret as a decoy while they pick off hostiles from a distance behind the turret.
-> An advanced shield for a turret, that allows it to fire and have some additional protection.
-> A basic shield for sandbags, making them more durable, temporarily, against gunfire from hostile raiders.

shhfiftyfive

i'd be interested in a modded turret that gets a defensive shield to counter these ridiculous enemy melee guys who zerg your turrets like suicide bombers.

elStrages

I was thinking that's maybe all material creation needed an overhaul anyways. I will look into it all today probably. The nod has has massive rebalances thought which you will see in the change log very soon hopefully!

As for these:
Quote from: palandus on February 23, 2015, 08:20:15 PM
-> An advanced personal shield that allows you to fire out from it in addition to being protected by it.
-> A basic shield for a turret, that doesn't allow it to fire, but absorb a few shots. Useful for your colonists for using the turret as a decoy while they pick off hostiles from a distance behind the turret.
-> An advanced shield for a turret, that allows it to fire and have some additional protection.
-> A basic shield for sandbags, making them more durable, temporarily, against gunfire from hostile raiders.
I have added them to the growing list :D of which I am slowely getting through lol

Kyos

Quote from: palandus on February 23, 2015, 08:20:15 PM
I really don't know what Kyos is complaining about it being TOO easy to get Hyperweave. One does have to grow the Devilstrand for like 40 days, and hope you don't get a Blight, Flash Freeze, Mortar Strike from Raiders, or Bush Fire; if they are indoors in Hydroponics, then you have to worry about a Battery Explosion, Eclipse, or Solar Flare as no power means those plants die very quickly... in addition to the fact that each Devilstrand plant only gives like 2-3 Devilstrand to begin with. So... to have enough Devilstrand for 50 Hyperweave, you'd need 50 Devilstrand plants to survive for 40 days... and that's to only produce like one Cybernetic piece.
I really don't know what you are complaining about here. In the time you've gotten your first crop of devilstrand, you will literally have gotten 20+ harvests of cotton cloths. Barring cold snaps or crop blights. Nevermind merchants selling the stuff in bulk. Is it beyond your means to assign some low-ranking jobbo to weave that into synthread in the ~35 days the devilstrand harvest will require to mature? Admittedly, it would increase the cost of a cyber-piece by ~250 cloth, but as I said. Its a trivial amount.

I call it a 'greenhouse' it averages at around 300 devilstrand per harvest.