[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou102

Sorry elStages I was not clear enough.

My comment was not about the skill warning on construction of an organ. It was that there is no medicine skill warning for the surgery.

To test my point. Start a colony with colonists that all have the base skill of 3 in surgery. Use the developer mode to spawn in a cybernetic organ of any kind. The colonist will crawl into bed and lay there while no one starts the surgery bill. This is a code issue so none of this really matters anyway.

I hit this in my colony after my level 8 in surgery doctor died and I couldn't install the cybernetic organs I bought from the cybernetics trader. Again I don't see this as an issue with your mod.

Edit: I'm playing on version 724 no idea if 725 or 727 changed things related to this.

kaiserslash

I've been using your mod now for about 24 hrs of gameplay now, huge RimWorld binge as of late lol.  My biggest gripe about this mod is that you don't actually gain Crafting experience from crafting the different things (bionics, cybernetics, synthread, etc...). 

It's not a huge deal but the main problem is you need certain crafting levels in order to make some of your techs and thanks to skill decay, when you don't gain exp from something then it keeps dropping below the required level.

Any chance of this being added?

Rathael

DrDevastation

Hey I dont know if im doing anything wrong but for some reason when I create any kind of nanoweaponry my craftsmen gets the materials for the bill, works on it (which consumes all of said materials and then rinses and repeats with a bill for only 1 and it doesnt actually craft the weapon... how do i fix this?

Rathael

elStrages

Thanks for the reports guys, I have logged what needed and I have as already said fixed others. Hopefully the release will still be end of this working week but I have just been dumped on at work! So I am trying my hardest to smash it out. May have a half release instead of everything I wanted.

Rathael

Might be better that way, the crafting table issue is a pretty serious problem.

elStrages

Quote from: Rathael on February 24, 2015, 04:34:26 PM
Might be better that way, the crafting table issue is a pretty serious problem.
Its coming!
Bug crushing for current updated content right now, hopefully have a part release 3.45 tomorrow :)

Ty so much el, this has been more gamebreaking then core bugs :P cant play without cybernetic storm anymore.
I've also noted that the mod weapons don't seem to appear in vendors, but maybe i've just been unlucky, maybe it's related to the crafting bug?

Rathael

majesty

turrets and batons cost 50 cents each from the traders

also how the heck do nanoponics basins even work? is there a tutorial? they just sit there saying growing season here now but nothing ever happens.

Thogapotomus

As for your crafting items not showing up after you craft them, you can just spawn one with the dev mode. If you're really turned off by the no crafting XP, it's just a matter of adding <workSkill>Crafting</workSkill> at the end of each recipe.

Or just take this file and drop it in the Defs folder of the mod. It just overwrites the old recipes and adds the crafting XP back in only.

If this is out of line, I apologize. I'm unsure if there's any protocol in making minor changes? It may be a moot point anyways if you get out an update later today.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Thogapotomus

Quote from: majesty on February 25, 2015, 12:56:44 AM

also how the heck do nanoponics basins even work? is there a tutorial? they just sit there saying growing season here now but nothing ever happens.

They need a sunlamp and a connection to a power source. They need 50W of power.

Edit: And maybe at a comfortable temperature too? Not sure about that as my base is heated. Sounds like yours is too, if it's telling you its growing season though.

majesty

Quote from: Thogapotomus on February 25, 2015, 01:10:57 AM
Quote from: majesty on February 25, 2015, 12:56:44 AM

They need a sunlamp and a connection to a power source. They need 50W of power.

Edit: And maybe at a comfortable temperature too? Not sure about that as my base is heated. Sounds like yours is too, if it's telling you its growing season though.
http://i.imgur.com/YyvkIX0.png
is what i have. temp is 15C, its indoors. for some reason the connected rate/stored keeps fluxuating. for instance it'll rapidly go from over 10k to -2k W, and the Wd will also fluxuate but not as fast ot slowly goes up or down depending on if the W is higher or lower than the Wd. i honestly have no idea what those things mean but im positive i have enough power.

Thogapotomus

Someone needs to plant them probably. I don't think you can prioritize it either. Try setting someone to just garden and see if they go do it.

Your power fluctuation is probably going from daytime to nighttime if you have solar power. You generate 10k during the day, but at night you have a -2k draw on your batteries. I'm not exactly sure what the d in Wd is. Days? Regardless, each battery can store 1k of power. If you have ten batteries linked together your power readout would be  xxxx W/ yyyyy Wd   X is your current power being generated or depleted, and Y is the total amount of stored energy in all connected batteries.