[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majesty

Quote from: Thogapotomus on February 25, 2015, 01:30:30 AM
Someone needs to plant them probably. I don't think you can prioritize it either. Try setting someone to just garden and see if they go do it.
ah i see. well that would explain why i cant right click them. also i applied the fix for the other prosthetics mod and i recieved error codes when i reloaded. not sure what they mean.
http://i.imgur.com/lJMw9wj.png
edit: i removed it and now its doing this whenever i hit overview. wtf! http://i.imgur.com/kWgEjmd.png

Thogapotomus

Yeah, I think it might have to do with the bill your pawn was working being cancelled? Everything should work the same though. The only things changed were the recipes for this mod, and they give experience now.

You can't just remove the files if you overwrote them :p
If you do that, you'll remove the whole recipes folder which you kind of need... If you don't want the changes just drop a backup copy or new copy of the mod in there.

Edit: It has to do with your pawn doing a crafting job while you load the save for sure. I just tested it. If they aren't crafting, it doesn't throw any errors. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay either way though.

majesty

Thogapotomus

Good lol. That's why its always good to keep back ups. I was worried about you for a few minutes there though.

elStrages

Those images don't show any Cubernetic storm issues, or am I being blind. If that's the case your posting in the wrong topic.

seadderkrupp

Just want to say thanks elStrages for this mod. Makes playing alpha9 more complete. Makes me wish at times i could get my head around all the .dll and xml things to try modding myself:)

elStrages

Quote from: seadderkrupp on February 25, 2015, 06:08:29 AM
Just want to say thanks elStrages for this mod. Makes playing alpha9 more complete. Makes me wish at times i could get my head around all the .dll and xml things to try modding myself:)
First off your welcome and thanks for playing my mod! and modding RimWorld isn't hard, just need to fine an angle that hasn't already been used. There are a lot of good mods out there. But there is always room for more :)

elStrages

Tonights Update
v3.45 will definitely be released tonight. I will work until I'm going to go to bed and whatever stage I am at I will release. I am not finished with bugs and I am just adding more content.  As it goes I will have about 10 new things in the game and a lot of changes and balances.

Bellow is the change log so far.
Change Log: v3.4 Alpha 9 Release
Added:
   - Nano Sleep Tube
   - Nano Healing Pod
   - Medicine Station
   - Rifling bench for vanilla weapon crafting
   - Medical Lab for crafting medicines
   - Cna now craft Glitterworld medicine and Nanotech medicine
   - Nano-Thermal Plant (currently produces power but will change with dll)
   - Nanotech and Cybernetic Shields
   - Armour Vest, Military helmet and kevlar helmet recipie for construction.
        - Added  more research to the tree, diversification in the furniture and medical side
Changed:
   - Massive code move and seperations plus code trimming.
   - Complete overhaul of the reserach system
   - Complete resource demand / recipe overhaul
   - Complete Pricing overhaul
   - Nano Swarm damage recalculation
   - Cyber Storm damage recalculation
   - Robotics Workbench Sprite change base colour to red
   - Cybernetics lab sprite changed base colour blue
   - Halved nanopower plant output by 1/2 reduced construction cost 1/3
   - Nano-batter storage power cut by 1/3 reduced construction cost 1/2
   - Nano-Skin changed body part effects.
   - Cybernetic-Skin rebalance, reduced to only effect 2 stats rather than everything.
   - Prices of items have been recalculated accross the board.
   - Nanovine outpur reduced form 5-10 to 2-5 and lowered grow days
   - Cybernetic Armour focuses on Shooting
   - Nanotech Armour focuses on Melee
   - Nano brain and Advanced brain now effect mental break theshold, eaviung factor and psychic sensitivity
   - Cybernetic and Nanotech armour health increased to be better than power armour varients
Removed:
   - Nothing

Plus all these bugs have been fixed
|========Bug reports: (fixing for patch 3.45/3.5)========|
Problem Unresolvable | Current Problem | Problem Resolved | Problem Unfound / May have fixed by accident
3.4.a: Cybernetic Turret Brought from trader
removed trader tags and tested, 15 traders no turret hopefully its resolved.
3.4.b: No crafting experience recieved
I Thanks to the guy above for pointing out the code line to be re-added.
3.4.c: Unable to install implants.
Played through a cross section of my implants and havnt found an issue installing anything. The bud may be a compatibility issue with another mod.
3.4.d: Degrading of armor too fast
Coding error, fixed now and degrading is lower than standard apparel. This may increase in later versions are testing. As it stand standard deg = 1, nanotech = 0.8, cyber = 0.6.
3.4.e: Shield and armour cannot be worn together
I changed the application area of the armour levels of cyber and nanotech, they don't represent vanilla anymore but I you can wear them together now.
3.4.f: Hand install part not working.
Hand locations where wrong.
3.4.g: Power armour/ helmet produces nothing.
Code checked and slight problem in ingredients. Now fixed and produces what its supposed to.
3.4.h: Nano rifling bench production broken.
couldn't find issue, Was able to create all weapons hassle free
3.4.i: No skill warning on bills, possible code issue.
couldn't find issue, got bill warning from all bills
|=========================================|

miguellima

Awesome to see an update :)

I have a question, i started a game and still haven't researched anything other than stonecutting and geothermal. I have your mod installed with a self made fix for the medical and crafting xp. Will i need to start a new game when i update?

yokai

I am looking forward to the update and will test them :-)
Awesome Mod.

Th3_D00D3

I'm using the still current version of this mod and no other mods wich influence the health system. Still I have this bug where I can't do any operations on colonists other then harvesting, amputating and installing the peg-legs and the wooden jaw. My two doctors have medicine at lvl 12 and 13. Can I help you fixing the bug? Maybe by giving you any output_log? Do you want my savefile and modlist?
Btw. thanks a lot for this mod, using it since the first release, can't imagine playing Rimworld without it.

Viken

I greatly enjoy the Cybernetic Storm mod, but I'd actually like to see more Brain types; for example 'Worker Drone' brain and 'Calculation Brain' (research) and the like.  It'd be cool to put specific bonuses on those. Heh.

Also, any way to add in more implant slots? I'd like to have a fighting implant as well as a visual-audio one installed at the same time.

Thogapotomus

Quote from: Th3_D00D3 on February 25, 2015, 01:16:08 PM
I'm using the still current version of this mod and no other mods wich influence the health system. Still I have this bug where I can't do any operations on colonists other then harvesting, amputating and installing the peg-legs and the wooden jaw. My two doctors have medicine at lvl 12 and 13. Can I help you fixing the bug? Maybe by giving you any output_log? Do you want my savefile and modlist?
Btw. thanks a lot for this mod, using it since the first release, can't imagine playing Rimworld without it.

May sound silly, but do you have the parts you want to install? You need to have the arm/leg/organ you want to install already built to even have the option of doing the surgery.

Thanks for the update elStrages!

Edit: Spoke too soon I guess, as you said out tonight for sure ha. Thanks in advance :p

Th3_D00D3

Quote from: Thogapotomus on February 25, 2015, 01:32:12 PM
May sound silly, but do you have the parts you want to install? You need to have the arm/leg/organ you want to install already built to even have the option of doing the surgery.
Yes, I know that I need those parts, and yes I had them and even vanilla parts like a human eyeball in a stockpile with medicine and still the option of operations won't show up.
A quick side question that was already asked, but I want an general answer; Do we need to start a new game with the update coming later today?

elStrages

Quote from: miguellima on February 25, 2015, 12:17:00 PM
Awesome to see an update :)

I have a question, i started a game and still haven't researched anything other than stonecutting and geothermal. I have your mod installed with a self made fix for the medical and crafting xp. Will i need to start a new game when i update?
I couldn't answer that I'm afraid bud. Might have to yes
Quote from: Th3_D00D3 on February 25, 2015, 01:16:08 PM
you can screenshot the install list and the items you have to install plus you can also screen the consol of there is anything there. Send them to me in a message :) thanks
Quote from: Viken on February 25, 2015, 01:30:58 PM
I greatly enjoy the Cybernetic Storm mod, but I'd actually like to see more Brain types; for example 'Worker Drone' brain and 'Calculation Brain' (research) and the like.  It'd be cool to put specific bonuses on those. Heh.

Also, any way to add in more implant slots? I'd like to have a fighting implant as well as a visual-audio one installed at the same time.
Great ideas I will add them to my list :)
Maybe be able to have a primary and secondary slot in the brain with implants being able to be installed in certain places. I will look into it!

New game start is unlikely but I can't test that as I don't have any saves :) I havnt played Rimworld properly in a month. Just been too busy. But if you can let me know if old saves work that would be great!