[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majesty

Quote from: elStrages on February 25, 2015, 04:18:59 AM
Those images don't show any Cubernetic storm issues, or am I being blind. If that's the case your posting in the wrong topic.
they might not, but it is certainty the right topic as they appeared after i applied the fix from this thread.

dareddevil7

would it be possible for you to add an execute operation, one that just involves a colonist walking up to the specified target and shooting them in the head twice, but like with a chance that it won't be lethal and they won't die, and an implant that basically puts a colonist into a coma so they can be healed better, like in medically induced comas, and then remove the implant and they wake up from the coma? Also, is the download for the version with nano meds? Also, what breaks if you have zombie apocalypse on and cybernetic storm?

elStrages

Quote from: majesty on February 25, 2015, 04:32:28 PM
Those images don't show any Cubernetic storm issues, or am I being blind. If that's the case your posting in the wrong topic.
they might not, but it is certainty the right topic as they appeared after i applied the fix from this thread.
I see. The fix you applied is it the one that was made by someone else as it may be out of date? I believe your on about CS and Zombie Apocalypse conflicts right?
Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 25, 2015, 04:36:00 PM
would it be possible for you to add an execute operation, one that just involves a colonist walking up to the specified target and shooting them in the head twice, but like with a chance that it won't be lethal and they won't die, and an implant that basically puts a colonist into a coma so they can be healed better, like in medically induced comas, and then remove the implant and they wake up from the coma? Also, is the download for the version with nano meds? Also, what breaks if you have zombie apocalypse on and cybernetic storm?
As to your first point what would be the purpose of this? you can already euthanize people so I don't get why you would need it. As for the comas it would be possible yes, all I would need to do is make it lower consciousness to say 10% maybe. I will look into it. I will be expanding the Brain implant section in due course.

shhfiftyfive

feature request:

i would like to be able to craft those things rarely found at the trader. the neurotrainer injection things that increase your skill level in a certain skill. considered not as a body part that requires surgery, but as a consumable.

also, a bug report. i'm not sure what mod or if vanilla bug. i think it is a mod because it never happened in vanilla a8 for me. this bug was present in alpha 8 modded epyk pack.

when i buy those neurotrainer things from the trader.. they are bugged. in vanilla, if the trader is selling more than one it will know if it has more than 1 type on offer. you will see them listed separately in the trade window, with appropriate names showing what skill they boost.

but some mod lately has been breaking this. so instead of 2 separate neurotrainers showing up in the trade window, it will just say it has 2 of (insert skill here) for sale. so you buy those 2 and then you find out that actually only one of the 2 were as described. the other one is another random skill.

anyone know which mod is causing this bug?

elStrages

UPDATES to v3.45
Please see change log on the main page
Also please uninstall all brain implants before downloading and installing the mod if you want to keep saves.

A Big Thanks
Just so you known how thankful I am for people downloading the mod v3.4 had a combines 3500+ downloads across the two file types.
So really a big thanks to everyone who downloaded my mod. I makes me want to keep updating it :)

----------------------------------------
Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 25, 2015, 06:44:10 PM
feature request:
i would like to be able to craft those things rarely found at the trader. the neurotrainer injection things that increase your skill level in a certain skill. considered not as a body part that requires surgery, but as a consumable.

also, a bug report. i'm not sure what mod or if vanilla bug. i think it is a mod because it never happened in vanilla a8 for me. this bug was present in alpha 8 modded epyk pack.

when i buy those neurotrainer things from the trader.. they are bugged. in vanilla, if the trader is selling more than one it will know if it has more than 1 type on offer. you will see them listed separately in the trade window, with appropriate names showing what skill they boost.

but some mod lately has been breaking this. so instead of 2 separate neurotrainers showing up in the trade window, it will just say it has 2 of (insert skill here) for sale. so you buy those 2 and then you find out that actually only one of the 2 were as described. the other one is another random skill.

anyone know which mod is causing this bug?

Idea added to list

elStrages

OOPS! fat figure, download had a bug and I fixed instantly, if you downloaded in the last 5 minutes please re-download sorry!

dastro

I discovered that Glitter Tech - v0.81 is breaking operation action with parts from Cybernetic Storm. Too bad I can't use them both. :/

EDIT:

Ok my bad, you need to order Glitter Tech first in mod list, then it works fine! :)

shhfiftyfive

more mod requests:

-----------------

i'm not sure about this new "expectations" mood. whether it either scales with time or with the how many colonists you have. either way i find it ridiculous and prevents us from bringing our game beyond say 2 years. that basically conflicts with mods like this that extend the game's length with goals of gaining all this stuff. i do not enjoy the new system where i have -8 mood for everyone after only 18 months. not sure how much higher it goes, but -8 is nasty.

- so i wonder if you could add a small +mood bonus for each piece of cybernetic armor, to combat the ever growing high expectations of the alpha 9 mood system. to me this seems logical, since gaining that armor would "meet" those high expectations, and thus nerf the escalation of the debuff.

- and adding a mood bonus for wearing hyperweave would fit the theme i request, and would be appreciated too.

- high quality art or some other new place-able objects to combat/meet high expectations?

-----------------

and i also dislike how within only 18 months i have to replaced all of the gear for every colonists due to ridiculous degradation speeds. <---- this basically makes me not even want to buy/craft vanilla hyperweave pants/shirts. i think those higher quality vanilla items should be tweaked to last much longer than standard clothes.

so...

- if a modder could tweak those degradation values for hyperweave pants/shirts, that would be great.

- a crafting bench to repair any/all tattered gear. vanilla and modded

majesty

Quote from: elStrages on February 25, 2015, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: majesty on February 25, 2015, 04:32:28 PM
I see. The fix you applied is it the one that was made by someone else as it may be out of date? I believe your on about CS and Zombie Apocalypse conflicts right?
Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 25, 2015, 04:36:00 PM
As to your first point what would be the purpose of this? you can already euthanize people so I don't get why you would need it. As for the comas it would be possible yes, all I would need to do is make it lower consciousness to say 10% maybe. I will look into it. I will be expanding the Brain implant section in due course.
no, it was the expanded prosthetic and organ engineering fix. i dont have the zombie one. i thought you made the fix, CS is your mod.

elStrages

No, that patch was made by the person who made the other mod, i just put it here for people to use if they saw fit to combine the two mods together, but to be honest there is no need, this mod pritty much covers what the other mod has recently brought to the tbale anyways.  The patch isnt that hard to do either, its just a combination of the recipies section in the Race_humanoin xml. IF you download both mods and combine these sections your self this should resolve the issue. It likely with both of us updating our mods that the patch has become unusable for the time being, as he mayupdate it at some point.

shhfiftyfive

i'm still playing the old patch so idk if this has been improved in the new one, but a big issue i've always had with the mod is how long it takes to get things crafted at the craftsmen workbench. even if i have like 3 of them with 3 crafters working on them simultaneously and permanently.

can we either change it to output more than 1 synthread, plasteel, etc per work order? i mean make it cost the same amount of materials per, but gain more than 1 per job.

or really just make them craft much much faster? the plasteel is especially slow, but the synthread is also bottlenecking my production. i assume the other things are slow too but i haven't even been able to get to crafting anything else since all my workbenches are permanently stuck trying to produce the named materials. in bulk. one at a time...

elStrages

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 26, 2015, 04:25:35 AM
i'm still playing the old patch so idk if this has been improved in the new one, but a big issue i've always had with the mod is how long it takes to get things crafted at the craftsmen workbench. even if i have like 3 of them with 3 crafters working on them simultaneously and permanently.

can we either change it to output more than 1 synthread, plasteel, etc per work order? i mean make it cost the same amount of materials per, but gain more than 1 per job.

or really just make them craft much much faster? the plasteel is especially slow, but the synthread is also bottlenecking my production. i assume the other things are slow too but i haven't even been able to get to crafting anything else since all my workbenches are permanently stuck trying to produce the named materials. in bulk. one at a time...

Sounds resonable.  I will add it in to my proposed changes log, it is likely i did a copy and paste and didnt really think about the timings.  I will look at the crafting time of a cloth shirt and do soemthing like x2 x4 x6 Synthread Hyperweave Plasteel most likely.  I wont double output though, just lower construction time

Boboid

Keep in mind elStrages that crafting speed no longer increases with colonist skill, it only scales with the associated health statuses.

So basically it's slowed down dramatically.

I've been meaning to jump back into cybernetic storm, keep getting distracted!
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

elStrages

Quote from: Boboid on February 26, 2015, 04:40:15 AM
Keep in mind elStrages that crafting speed no longer increases with colonist skill, it only scales with the associated health statuses.
So basically it's slowed down dramatically.
Thanks for the heads up, i may have to look into rebalancing the entire mod then on crafting times.
Quote from: Boboid on February 26, 2015, 04:40:15 AM
I've been meaning to jump back into cybernetic storm, keep getting distracted!
Get it done :D

majesty

i really love the nano/cyber items and such, but i dislike how all it takes is a day of research to unlock it. i feel like we should have to work at it a bit more. for instance you would need to grow/refine/craft MANY components of a basic bionic arm (gears, servos, microchips etc etc) as well as researching the tech in order to craft the arm, which is essentially just as good as a normal arm but with more durability. then, if you wanted to upgrade to nano, you'd need to research more, create even more complex components, and lots of them, and use the bionic arm in the crafting recipe in order to "upgrade" it into nano tech. finally, after a crap ton more research and component crafting and growing and refining etc you would be able to turn that nano arm into a cyber arm. i feel like this kind of progression is a lot more rewarding as it forces you to go out of your way to actually craft these items individually and you dont have a million of them lying around. it really makes them valuable. i also feel that the cybernetic dealer should be removed alltogether and replaced with a tinkerer that would sell you some of the very BASIC components, like gears and switches and servos and chips for the basic bionic arm, but nano and cyber should never be sold. or perhaps sold at a high price for a very badly damaged and crafted set, which would degrade after a battle or two. this makes it so you cant just get rich off of other means and buy anything you want, it emphasizes the crafting aspect. this also needs to be applied to weapons and armor. finally, i feel like its silly to have your doctors repair tech limbs and organs with medicine and doctoring. this is why i feel like your crafter should be in charge of these bionic repairs. it would not require medicine, it would require spare parts that you can craft. the patient would not bleed out or lose a limb when its bionic, but it would shut down completely until repaired.  essentially what i am describing is a balance overhaul to make these items more coveted and useful. i would like to be able to play a game where after a year or two of hard work and dedication i would be able to turn my original 3 colonists into pure cyber machines.

i really hope you read this, and while i understand how you might feel about recreating your mod because of just one suggestion from a random user, i honestly feel like this has merit, especially in a game so highly based on micromanaging. if you dont want to include this into the main mod, perhaps an add on mod would do this. i understand its a lot of work, and no pressure, but please tell me what you think of this suggestion and the chances that you would consider it? you mentioned you had 3500 downloads, thats quite a large user base. if you still feel apprehesive about this idea, i would be more than happy to start a poll (or you start, whatever works) asking this user base what they think about this. thanks for reading!