[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: rditto48801 on March 11, 2015, 04:26:54 AM
-snip-

this may sound dumb but do you have a cooler and a sun lamp to provide the right temperature/light ?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

rditto48801

Quote from: Dragoon on March 11, 2015, 06:22:32 AM
Quote from: rditto48801 on March 11, 2015, 04:26:54 AM
-snip-

this may sound dumb but do you have a cooler and a sun lamp to provide the right temperature/light ?

Yes.
My Hydroponics cave has Sun Lamps, along with Coolers and Heaters set to maintain 70f temp all year round.

The wild card being the 2-3 day heat wave. My main food storage freezers had no problem staying cold, so I had assumed at the time the Cooler for my Hydroponics cave would have kept up with 120+f outside temp more easily due to not having as low of a target temp.
It is also why I mentioned wondering if 2-3 days of being outside of optimal temp (due to the Cooler not keeping up) could have caused the nanothread plants growth to slow down enough to hit their age limit before being fully grown.

They had died off well after the heat wave had passed, which had occurred closer to when they were first planted.
Of note, I had used the dev mode inspection thing during my own trouble shooting using a save before they died, and the planets hit age 720000 when they started loosing health and died.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

rditto48801

I do have the latest version. I did say I re-downloaded the mod. All I had noticed was for the instance I had encountered, the nanothread plants were a half day closer to being fully grown.

The odd thing is the 7z file I re-downloaded looked identical (name and size) to the one I had deleted and replaced.

I am starting to see a slow trickle of nanothread in my stockpile. It's hard to see if the issue is still occurring, on account of the game trolling my power grid in assorted ways, but it does look like nanothread plants sowed after I reinstalled the mod are lasting long enough to be harvested.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

elStrages

Just so you guys know. I'm on a course at the moment and I don't have time to update the mod this week. I am a little busy with paperwork and studying. But I will be back to it next week. Probably Tuesday after I am home and seen the family for the day :) .  I'm sorry if problems are still around but I will look to fix them next week. Thanks for the bug reports and alike I have bookmarked the thread post where I last posted and will read all post from that point to catch up.
Catch you soon and happy gaming.

graelb

Is there any way to make this compatible with the Slavers mod?

HBKRKO619

Hello elStrages, I don't know where you are in your update but I would love to see your cyber coven faction updated. I actually play with a lot of new faction mods but everyone of them are hostile xD I need some allie to fight them  ;D

Anyway, thank you for your great mod :)

KUNG FU JONES

So it may just be me being a fool but how would you get synthread for the bionic workshop do you trade for it or is there other ways of getting it cause it is annoying me now before i had a mod to "grow" all things but it was too OP and i removed it.

elStrages

Just so you are all aware I am back form my course and I will be working on the mod tomorrow night, at which point I will aim to resolve the issues stated and update the content. Sorry for the delay but I guess sometime real life comes before gaming :)

Quote from: Canute on March 14, 2015, 04:29:12 AM
Quote3.4.a: Cybernetic Turret Brought from trader
removed trader tags and tested, 15 traders no turret hopefully its resolved.
Just got Cyber turret's on a local cybernetic trader.

will look into it. thanks for the report

Quote from: graelb on March 15, 2015, 04:30:19 PM
Is there any way to make this compatible with the Slavers mod?
if that mod edits he races_humanoid.xml then there is but at this moment in time im not willing to  make them compatible.

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 16, 2015, 09:14:07 AM
Hello elStrages, I don't know where you are in your update but I would love to see your cyber coven faction updated. I actually play with a lot of new faction mods but everyone of them are hostile xD I need some allie to fight them  ;D

Anyway, thank you for your great mod :)
thanks! and yes the coven will be back in the next update.

Quote from: KUNG FU JONES on March 16, 2015, 02:40:46 PM
So it may just be me being a fool but how would you get synthread for the bionic workshop do you trade for it or is there other ways of getting it cause it is annoying me now before i had a mod to "grow" all things but it was too OP and i removed it.
you can u
Quote from: KUNG FU JONES on March 16, 2015, 02:40:46 PM
se the craftsmans workbench to make synthread.

elStrages

Hello everyone, Bellow is everything I have been working on tonight. I will be added in and fixing stuff with a hopeful release tomorrow :) glad you stuck with me on this and sorry for the delay.

|========Bug reports: (fixing for patch 3.5)========|
Problem Unresolvable | Current Problem | Problem Resolved | Problem Unfound / May have fixed by accident
3.45.a: Nanothread not growing correct
Lifespan of plant put up to 60 days, growth in 8.8 should sort it out
3.45.b: Turret still in traders
Added "<tradeability>Never</tradeability>" to turrets should resolve.
3.45.c: What's up with "Rifling Technology" and "Bionic Aids"? They're research topics that don't seem to do anything and don't have a description..
This was my screw up, rifling tech no unlocks rifling bench and bionic aid tech will unlock the Implants production bench once it is complete.
3.45.d: I think the resource costs for weapons are okay (it doesn't take much steel to make a weapon) but the times should be cranked way up.
This has been stated several times so I have upped all times for creating weapons and armour. please test in the update and I will adjust
3.45.e: Nano brain and advance nano brain description
They were around thewrong way, been fixed
3.45.f: just noticed, that default file has <loc>(60,30)</loc> and your fixed has <loc>(60,50)</loc>.
Fixed to correct number.
3.45.g: Nanoponics too cheap in cost and build time.
Nanoponics: As a way of balancing I have added the ability to build them with half the materials from any resource base and the the other half plasteel also added cloth of 10. so it can be 45 stone/wood/metal 40 plasteel and 10 cloth  also takes longer to build.
Advanced Nanoponics: increase to 80 Nanosteel and added 10 Nanohread. it halves Nanothread growth time.  Also takes longer to build
Test and adjust with feed back
3.45.h: Create Nanotech exoskeleton bill appears on the bionics workbench, rather than the nano workbench.
Moved to right bench
3.45.i: Nanotech apparel has two listings on the stockpile configuration menu, although only the first contains any items.
removed second listing, it was a duplication mistake
3.45.j:Traders are heavily unbalanced. Cybernetic and nano weapon are ridiculously cheap.
they were based off of vanilla prices of weapons and are more expensive. I will up the price of Nano by 20% and Cyber by 30% to see if this makes it more compatible. As per test and adjust on feedback
3.45.j:Return of the Cyber Coven
In the process of updating for 3.5 :)
|=========================================|

onlineous

First of all, fantastic mod! I'm not able to update to 3.45 though. I removed all nanobrains and advanced nanobrains from the savegame file, but still the 3.45 corrupts my savegame while 3.40 does work without any problems. I can send the save if you want?

Edit: i might have misread. I tried removing all implants now. Still no luck though. Might the problem be that the status of head implant socket is still 'removed'? I cant find a way to delete that from the save file yet.

elStrages

Ok I will tone the advanced nanoponics down a little half the nano steel needed or something. I'm happy with the cost now and grow time has been drastically reduced. By nearly 3/4. So it should ballance hopefully
Quote from: onlineous on March 18, 2015, 01:03:04 PM
First of all, fantastic mod! I'm not able to update to 3.45 though. I removed all nanobrains and advanced nanobrains from the savegame file, but still the 3.45 corrupts my savegame while 3.40 does work without any problems. I can send the save if you want?

Edit: i might have misread. I tried removing all implants now. Still no luck though. Might the problem be that the status of head implant socket is still 'removed'? I cant find a way to delete that from the save file yet.
thanks for the kind words :) he main problem is. It's a major game changing file. So it maybe imbedded somewhere that can be changed in the save file. A pawn from another faction that visited and was saved. It may be a case of finishing that game and starting a new. Sorry bud.

Also going to change link in description so it is a quick fix to change :)

EDIT:
got a bad head ache, so I'm off to bed sorry, update tomorrow for sure.

Carlsf

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't craft any medicine or install any body parts. I don't have any mods that shouldn't be compatibile with this mod.

Carlsf

About the doctor-crafter You maybe right.

About gameplay changes. I've got some mod BUT non of them messes with medicine or operations (exept Aphotecarius and Use Herbal Medicine). If I buy or make cyber or nano parts and have them stockpiled I don't have a option in Health bar to install them or any other parts. Even human ones. I have plenty medicine by the way. If it help I could write a list of mods I'm using.

Carlsf

You didn't belive this but my problem was coused by wrong load order and that's it. Putting Cybernetic Storm as the last solved everything. Canute thanks for help with this.

elStrages

MOD updated to v3.5
enjoy and please tell me of any problems, happy gaming.