[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smikis

Quote from: elStrages on April 05, 2015, 04:01:31 AM
Quote from: Smikis on April 04, 2015, 06:17:13 PM
All costs have to be lowered through the mod , requiring nanothread for everything in huge amounts, make everything pointless, unless you are running huge nano thread farms, it will literally take years to craft a single item
The most expensive piece of armour takes 25 Nanothread. That's 5-8 (depending on luck) benches in 8 days growth. How is that years exactly? Then the construction time is similar but less than parkas. But still not anywhere near the time from you are stating. The mod is progressive from vanilla. It's not ment to produce loads of armour in the space of your first month.

Nanothread is needed to make steel,implants, and extra to steel in armours, most expensive one is around 200, and cheapest is probably 30.
It never grows in 8 days, ( maybe in improved hydroponic bays, but those need nanothread to make them). Then there are solar flares, or random power outages that sometimes happen if you were attacked and power cord was cut from some remote power plant, and all plants are dead. Since I changed my mods now, I cannot load my older autosave, but through 2 winters ( growing in doors ), I managed to grow less than 50 Nanothreads , which are only enough for one implant maybe, but maybe I am talking about previous version before balance changes on march 19, honestly I don't remember which I had, feels like I played that colony just couple days ago.

majesty

the patch notes say that this works with norbals, however, when i request immediate aid they cybernetic faction simply sits around and watches my base burn. furthermore, when i attempt to call them at times i get this error:
http://i.imgur.com/ZwILd4S.png
it takes a few tries and some time for it to work.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Devlah

After a bit of searching through this thread I've noticed that at least one other person mentioned this problem though I didn't find an answer:

None of the cyberware I have manufactured is showing in the operations bills.  I've also got plenty of Medicine on-hand as well.  Do we require more advanced medicine in order to make use of certain implants?  Currently, I have a stockpile of the vanilla Medicine.
Using Rimworld MOD manager, I've specified the order of loading.
Should I perhaps have Cybernetic Storm loaded before the Core game?

I've attached a few screenshots.

[attachment deleted due to age]

rditto48801

Quote from: Devlah on April 09, 2015, 10:25:35 PM
After a bit of searching through this thread I've noticed that at least one other person mentioned this problem though I didn't find an answer:

None of the cyberware I have manufactured is showing in the operations bills.  I've also got plenty of Medicine on-hand as well.  Do we require more advanced medicine in order to make use of certain implants?  Currently, I have a stockpile of the vanilla Medicine.
Using Rimworld MOD manager, I've specified the order of loading.
Should I perhaps have Cybernetic Storm loaded before the Core game?

I've attached a few screenshots.

As I understand it, one should not load anything before RimWorld's Core. (unless for some reason a mod or something specifies otherwise)

Last I heard, mods that add surgery options are not compatible with each other, so the game will use only one of them for new surgery options, being whichever is last to load.

As you have Cybernetic Storm loading first before other mods, any other mods that also add surgery options will 'overwrite' Cybernetic Storm's surgery options.
I am guessing SuperiorCrafting is the cause.
If you want Cybernetic Storm's implants more, load it after any other mods that also change surgery options.

Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Cryorus

Hi elStrages I thought I share this : Bionic Stomach .
Its a neat idea you could mybe add to your mod ^^
Great work btw .The Cyber Storm is TOO awesome ;)

johiah

Is this compatible with expanded prosthetics and organ engineering?
"My best warden has no jaw"

Carlsf

Yes, it is. All you need is little fix. You'll find it on the EPaOE mod page.

johiah

Quote from: Carlsf on April 11, 2015, 06:10:08 AM
Yes, it is. All you need is little fix. You'll find it on the EPaOE mod page.
yay, unfortuantely that would mean I have to restart my world =(
"My best warden has no jaw"

elStrages

Hey all I have been away with work and not been around, so sorry for that. I will be getting back to my mods at some point this week. There will be some good changes made for compatibility etc soon. But wih this I am likely to hold out until the next alpha release. This is due to not wanting to keep updating the mod for minor fixes. I will however keep you posted to what I add and change and I have read all the missed comments. I will act apon them in the order recieved.
Thanks again guys and gals. Your support is very appreciated :)

Valor

Heya, I have a few question, please.

Cyber turret is just normal improvised turret with more health? I havent noticed any weapon improvements.

Nanosteel is of any real use? Its quite expensive but not really harder that granite wall. Its good for making melee weapons perhaps?

Why cant we contact cyber cowen via console?

Thanks!

Cryorus

Quote from: Valor on April 14, 2015, 06:37:05 PM
Nanosteel is of any real use? Its quite expensive but not really harder that granite wall. Its good for making melee weapons

Nanosteel weapons are even better than plasteel.

elStrages

Quote from: Valor on April 14, 2015, 06:37:05 PM
Heya, I have a few question, please.

Cyber turret is just normal improvised turret with more health? I havent noticed any weapon improvements.

Nanosteel is of any real use? Its quite expensive but not really harder that granite wall. Its good for making melee weapons perhaps?

Why cant we contact cyber cowen via console?

Thanks!
Turrets are better, they have better fire rate, higher damage and shoot further.
Nanosteel, used in construction and weapons will increase resistance and damage
Last question, I don't know why not, I will look into it.

I will endeavour to bring this up to the latest version, as per usual Tynan and Co have spent the last month just changing code. simple things like changing the word 'Health' to 'HitPoints' which in my opinion is just annoying :D anyways, give me a few days and I will hopefully have a new version for you.

LegendZero88

Man i can't play without this mod, so please update to alpha 10 it's wonderful! thanks man!

Scelous