[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palandus

I just thought of another thing, to see if you can fix it or not:

A parts install slider. What I mean by this is if you have a ton of bionic parts all in storage the list of possible work to do can get so large that you cannot see all of the parts possible to be installed. Do you know if you can implement a slider to fix that issue when having tons of installable parts?

elStrages

Wow thanks for the comment it's much appreciated.
I will answer the slider question with. I will look into it but I'm not sure about how to get a slider as it's a pop out menu of just entries. I will look into the dll but I'm not sure if it is possible.

As for your suggestions I do agree with some stuff.  My original idea was to have prosthetics that go in this order: wood> Carbon> bionic> nano> cybernetic. 60% 95% 120% 140% 160%. Thus the five work benches.

For the materials I wanted to add in some new things I may keep it down to Nanomites and Nanothread as the Nanothread is specially grown and can be used in conjunction with Nanomites to make most things with plasteel. Again keeping hyperweave and synthread  for more advanced recipes, those ingredients need to be in there to make it harder to build up. I may remove nanosteel and nanoweave as to reduce the 'tediousness' of the process.

The nano brains are actually annoying me as they work for me here. I don't know if I released them and then fixed them. It really stumped me. I will go through my code and see what's happening.  My main problem is that these issues may not be registered because the code is correct it's just pointing in the wrong direction. I need more people like yourself pointing this out!

MisterLock

So...Little question?Does this essentially replace the Extended Bio Organs mod by Minus?
To each his own.

elStrages

It doesn't directly replaces it but adds a different swing, I don't have specific removal of organs, if he updates his to alpha 8 then people could use either or, I would say that for now its a good alternative, but some peoples loyalty may lay with Minus :D (also I don't know if he is updating it to alpha 8)

EDIT: also I have just added a video to the main page and here! It shows me being able to create the nanobrains and implants, so hopefully tonights release will have resolved this issue :)
Nanobrains Video - ClickHere

EDIT:  Fixed the rotatable issue for the generator, forgot to remove a piece of code cunningly designated <rotatable>false</rotatable>:)

BajtMe

I am having problems getting this mod to work. I keep getting error messages at the start of a new game. I have tried moving it around in the load order but i've been having no luck solving the problem. I can only guess it has to be a conflict with another mod. Any help would be appreciated.

screen of my most recent failiure

[attachment deleted due to age]

elStrages

Quote from: BajtMe on December 16, 2014, 04:21:16 AM
I am having problems getting this mod to work. I keep getting error messages at the start of a new game. I have tried moving it around in the load order but i've been having no luck solving the problem. I can only guess it has to be a conflict with another mod. Any help would be appreciated.

screen of my most recent failiure

The xml code in yellow, that is causing the error - baseMaterialType - isn't from my mod, I have searched for it in the files and it isn't there.
I have been told about issues with the apothecary mod, that may be a start.
Any mod that adds code to the Humanoid pawn file will conflict as this is core file that is edited to make it possible to install new parts

BajtMe

Thank you. At least now i have somewhere to start.  :) I am/was aware that it is not a bug per se in your mod causing it, as i wrote above i was guessing it was a conflict of some kind and i was hoping for a bit of insight from someone who knows rimworld modding. The reason i asked here is that whit Cybernetic Storm enabled the message is there, and when it's disabled it's not. Also the various organs spawning out of bounds thing made me guess this was the place to go.  ;D Anyways, i'll keep trying. I really want this one to work.

elStrages

Quote from: BajtMe on December 16, 2014, 04:45:31 AM
Thank you. At least now i have somewhere to start.  :) I am/was aware that it is not a bug per se in your mod causing it, as i wrote above i was guessing it was a conflict of some kind and i was hoping for a bit of insight from someone who knows rimworld modding. The reason i asked here is that whit Cybernetic Storm enabled the message is there, and when it's disabled it's not. Also the various organs spawning out of bounds thing made me guess this was the place to go.  ;D Anyways, i'll keep trying. I really want this one to work.

It perfectly fine buddy as you have a issue and it may have been caused by me. and im hapy to try and help resolve it :)

BajtMe

That did it! Thank you very much! I was certain i had tried disabling every other mod in my list but i must have messed up somehow. Anyway, without the Apothecary mod everything is all unicorns and rainbows. Can't say i am happy to see the soylent green go but if i have to chose... well. Might want to list it in the op as a conflicting mod to avoid more troublesome modding impaired people like me.  ::)
Now, if you will excuse me, i'm off to play the game.  :)

elStrages

Quote from: BajtMe on December 16, 2014, 04:53:30 AM
That did it! Thank you very much! I was certain i had tried disabling every other mod in my list but i must have messed up somehow. Anyway, without the Apothecary mod everything is all unicorns and rainbows. Can't say i am happy to see the soylent green go but if i have to chose... well. Might want to list it in the op as a conflicting mod to avoid more troublesome modding impaired people like me.  ::)

Thanks I will do! I will look at the mod at some point and see where the confliction lays, I may be able to make a workaround.

elStrages

Quote from: BajtMe on December 16, 2014, 04:53:30 AM
I have added a hotfix for you mate which should resolve the issue of the Apothecary Mod

HOTFIX for MODs:
Apothecaries Alpha 8 MOD
   - Please see attached file for bodyparts to be placed in RimWorld651Win\Mods\CyberneticsStorm\Defs\BodyPartDefs

Hope this helps.

[attachment deleted due to age]

theubie

Just adding to the previously reported bug:

Attempting to create Nanoweave instead creates Carbon Fiber.  Need to be fixed in Recipies_CS in your next patch.

elStrages

Quote from: theubie on December 16, 2014, 06:50:22 AM
Just adding to the previously reported bug:

Attempting to create Nanoweave instead creates Carbon Fiber.  Need to be fixed in Recipies_CS in your next patch.

Thanks. Bug fixed :)

old_sinh

Bug with remove body parts. With a slain enemy with bionic kidney I can get as much kidney as Medkit I have.. (sorry 4 bad eng)

elStrages

Quote from: old_sinh on December 16, 2014, 11:27:41 AM
Bug with remove body parts. With a slain enemy with bionic kidney I can get as much kidney as Medkit I have.. (sorry 4 bad eng)

This is a problem even for the core game, if someone dies with all bionics even the ones hard coded, if you can add the bill to remove it, but you wont get anything from it just waste medicine.