[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: theubie on December 17, 2014, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: elStrages on December 17, 2014, 10:41:14 AM
Quote from: theubie on December 17, 2014, 10:09:18 AM
Herbal Medicine is in the eType of Medicine, per the Item_Resources. 

I think, though that making Medicine would probably be better than being able to use herbal in the long run as it would also be an investment of time.  Maybe 10:1 ratio?  10 herbal to 1 medicine.  Would also be ok with having a requirement of steel with it as well (herbal medicine looks like a bundle of plants, while medicine looks like some sort of medkit).  Maybe 10 or 20 herbal + 5 steel?
Making them is defo the better idea. I was thinking this:
10 herbs > 5 cloth    > 2 steel
Medicine > bandages > tools

EDIT: I have added this into the game with the above recipe

Hmm, didn't think of the cloth idea.  I created a quick mod using herbs and steel only, but the cloth addition is a good touch.  I'll just drop my mod and wait for your release with this included.  (Wasn't too thrilled with the workbench texture I made anyway. :P)

yeah cool, I will just introduce mine into the craftsman's workbench

Haplo

Just for your info: The BrainPals aren't really vanilla, but from Miscellaneous :)
Their price is just roughly set to fit the vanilla bionics. At least for alpha 7. I didn't look if the prices were increased in alpha 8 yet, so they may be too low..

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: elStrages on December 17, 2014, 12:49:30 PM
Quote from: theubie on December 17, 2014, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: elStrages on December 17, 2014, 10:41:14 AM
Quote from: theubie on December 17, 2014, 10:09:18 AM
Herbal Medicine is in the eType of Medicine, per the Item_Resources. 

I think, though that making Medicine would probably be better than being able to use herbal in the long run as it would also be an investment of time.  Maybe 10:1 ratio?  10 herbal to 1 medicine.  Would also be ok with having a requirement of steel with it as well (herbal medicine looks like a bundle of plants, while medicine looks like some sort of medkit).  Maybe 10 or 20 herbal + 5 steel?
Making them is defo the better idea. I was thinking this:
10 herbs > 5 cloth    > 2 steel
Medicine > bandages > tools

EDIT: I have added this into the game with the above recipe

Hmm, didn't think of the cloth idea.  I created a quick mod using herbs and steel only, but the cloth addition is a good touch.  I'll just drop my mod and wait for your release with this included.  (Wasn't too thrilled with the workbench texture I made anyway. :P)

yeah cool, I will just introduce mine into the craftsman's workbench

Excellent :)

QuoteJust for your info: The BrainPals aren't really vanilla, but from Miscellaneous
He beat me to it lol :)

npeters6546

I noticed that all the prosthetic arms actually get put in the shoulder slot when performing an operation not just the simple prosthetic one so if you remove the part to upgrade it you cant install a new one again. I am also having problems creating any of the nano parts, I can create bills but pawns dont do them just like the brain crafting before. The only recipe at the nano table that seems to work is create some nanites.

elStrages

Quote from: Haplo on December 17, 2014, 01:02:46 PM
Just for your info: The BrainPals aren't really vanilla, but from Miscellaneous :)
Their price is just roughly set to fit the vanilla bionics. At least for alpha 7. I didn't look if the prices were increased in alpha 8 yet, so they may be too low..
thanks for the information.

Quote from: npeters6546 on December 17, 2014, 01:53:01 PM
I noticed that all the prosthetic arms actually get put in the shoulder slot when performing an operation not just the simple prosthetic one so if you remove the part to upgrade it you cant install a new one again. I am also having problems creating any of the nano parts, I can create bills but pawns dont do them just like the brain crafting before. The only recipe at the nano table that seems to work is create some nanites.

Yeah been getting this a lot, I am in the process of separation out code, because im on about 5000 lines in one xml for the recipes, im hoping this will resolve a lot of the problems.

elStrages

Ok everyone who was saying about the brains and things not working. Well I think I resolved the issue, it was on piece of code in nanomites item -->  <volumePerUnit>0.05</volumePerUnit>  <-- it wasn't incorrect code so didn't show up in the log,  it was just trying to use  like silver and gold so ultimately completely destroyed things up.

EDIT: Updated to version 2.2 again any bugs please let me know, I'm hoping I have ironed them out now ;)

npeters6546

Quote from: elStrages on December 17, 2014, 04:49:01 PM
Ok everyone who was saying about the brains and things not working. Well I think I resolved the issue, it was on piece of code in nanomites item -->  <volumePerUnit>0.05</volumePerUnit>  <-- it wasn't incorrect code so didn't show up in the log,  it was just trying to use  like silver and gold so ultimately completely destroyed things up.

EDIT: Updated to version 2.2 again any bugs please let me know, I'm hoping I have ironed them out now ;)

You are doing a terrific job staying on top of these little problems. A mod of this caliber is bound to have many issues and im glad to see you constantly updating and fixing them. Keep it up man.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: npeters6546 on December 17, 2014, 06:10:52 PM
Quote from: elStrages on December 17, 2014, 04:49:01 PM

You are doing a terrific job staying on top of these little problems. A mod of this caliber is bound to have many issues and im glad to see you constantly updating and fixing them. Keep it up man.

Here here!  Excellent work (all of your mods not just this one), thank you!

kokuto

I guess its about time that my colonists turn into 'Adam Jensen'. There is one thing though. Would you consider adding some sort of bionic/cybernetic skull and torso part since you appear to be going all the way?

Despite all the implants, our colonists are weirdly squishy in many areas. Although I notice my near complete cyborg colonists (if only I can consistently outfit every part of them) seem to be rather resistant to dying, unlike the regular ones but still sustain significant damage when facing large numbers of foes.

Edit: After some consistent testing, the cybernetic implants do seem to be holding up fairly well. My colonists still sustain damage in areas like the ribs which unfortunately cannot be redressed at this point.

However, I have a suggestion now. I suddenly recalled Raiden of the Metal Gear Solid (and Revengence) series while outfitting my colonists with as many cybernetics as I could manufacture. Do you think you could come up with a 'cybernetic ninja body' which would be put to the highest tier of the cybernetic tier? Its stats could be a step above even a fully cybernetic implanted colonist to allow for crazy shit like letting the pawn melee a horde of tribals (or Jaffa) and survive.

elStrages

Thansk for all the nice comments guys.

As for the lovely guy above. I have made the cybernetic suit which I will change the sternum and ribs.
As for the torso. I you place anything on the torso it will remove every other body part as that's the way the code is writing. It's not individual body parts but like a string puppet. The torso is the main body part which all other attach. It's the same problem with the hands if you implant an arm you loose the entire are. You implant to torso you loose everything.
The skull I will be doing. Because the body parts health cannot be increase so a nano arm will have 25hp and a cybernetic are will have 25 hp I am in the middle of make nanotechnology and cybernetic armour for the next update :)

Hope that helps :)

kokuto

Ah that's understandable, certain coding limitations.

Is it possible to have neck implants though? And perhaps nanotech or cybernetic noses? Its funny because despite how the cybernetic colonists can keep standing and fighting through a lot of gunfire (from project armoury), they get their noses blown off and things like that.

elStrages

Quote from: kokuto on December 18, 2014, 05:29:00 AM
Ah that's understandable, certain coding limitations.

Is it possible to have neck implants though? And perhaps nanotech or cybernetic noses? Its funny because despite how the cybernetic colonists can keep standing and fighting through a lot of gunfire (from project armoury), they get their noses blown off and things like that.
I made a bionic nose, but I suppose I can add in a nanotech and cybernetic one too.
And neck i believe the head attaches to it, so again problem would be you might loose the entire head lol

elStrages

Update:
Quick update of what is going on, i am looking at all the textures today. This idea is to get rid of the plain boring sprites and improve them for the player, make them individual and easily identifiable.
Bellow you can see what i have done so far and the changes being made. Hope you enjoy and Happy Gaming
Changes: Old to New
Craftsmans Workbench
to
Biotech Workbench
to
Nanotech Workbench
to
Cybernetic Workbench
to
Nano Battery
to
Nano Generator
to
Nanothread
to
Nano Vine
to
Carbon Fibre
to

john pretzel

elStrages thanks for sharing this mod. It's amazing!

I wish you could add the removal of more organs beyond the default setting - arms, legs, ears, etc like the extended surgery mod because it would be fun to release a prisoner with just bare minimum to the enemy and be thanked by it lol. Besides that, I think you're doing a good work - as for me, I'm already fine with the bionic stuff but the additions are welcoming!  ;D

kokuto

Will the update be compatible with present save files or will it require another start?