[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: john pretzel on December 18, 2014, 12:11:57 PM
elStrages thanks for sharing this mod. It's amazing!

I wish you could add the removal of more organs beyond the default setting - arms, legs, ears, etc like the extended surgery mod because it would be fun to release a prisoner with just bare minimum to the enemy and be thanked by it lol. Besides that, I think you're doing a good work - as for me, I'm already fine with the bionic stuff but the additions are welcoming!  ;D
I didn't want to tread to much on them toes but I will be yes.
I think it's probably for the best. I will look into it soon.

Quote from: kokuto on December 18, 2014, 12:25:21 PM
Will the update be compatible with present save files or will it require another start?
Yes I hope so :) I'm not changing old code just add new stuff

john pretzel

No need to go to toe detail  ;D, arms, legs, brains and ears are already fine. Cheers!

elStrages

Quote from: john pretzel on December 18, 2014, 01:02:34 PM
No need to go to toe detail  ;D, arms, legs, brains and ears are already fine. Cheers!
I added, arms, legs, ears, nose, eyes stomach and brain

john pretzel

Quote from: elStrages on December 18, 2014, 01:36:14 PM
Quote from: john pretzel on December 18, 2014, 01:02:34 PM
I added, arms, legs, ears, nose, eyes stomach and brain

By the way, there's a user here that suggested harvesting organs from the dead. Take a look at the original thread, I brought up your work in my post,

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7704.0

If you think it can be fun to add to your mod. Totally your call.  ;)

elStrages

Quote from: john pretzel on December 18, 2014, 01:42:49 PM
By the way, there's a user here that suggested harvesting organs from the dead. Take a look at the original thread, I brought up your work in my post,

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7704.0

If you think it can be fun to add to your mod. Totally your call.  ;)
sounds good I will look into it.

SaymonCZ

elStrages

Quote from: SaymonCZ on December 18, 2014, 02:36:52 PM
Could you make it compatible with Jafas and Norbals?  ;)
My version I am going to release works with both these mods, so realistically they should work with v2.1 and v2.2

john pretzel

I think the issue with the jaffas was solved with the copy/pasted code on recipe space, provided in that thread.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7869.msg82115#msg82115

But the mod was updated. Check if the file has these entries.

Chiasm

Thanks for a great mod. It's one of the reasons I keep playing atm. :)

Have you considered adding a way to craft Plasteel? I think it's the only material needed in your mod that isn't directly craftable somehow. Maybe steel + synthread or carbon fibre?

elStrages

Quote from: Chiasm on December 18, 2014, 07:07:04 PM
Thanks for a great mod. It's one of the reasons I keep playing atm. :)

Have you considered adding a way to craft Plasteel? I think it's the only material needed in your mod that isn't directly craftable somehow. Maybe steel + synthread or carbon fibre?
I had considered it but I didn't want to make the mod too easy. Of all rare resources suddenly became craft able it would loose some of its challenge. I wanted to leave plasteel mineable or taken from enemy corpses. That is unless more people think it should be craftable.

kokuto

Presently it does take a prolonged time to be able to manufacture any of the upper tier stuff. Certainly it makes for good challenges but at the same time, I think the standard metal resource being limited on most maps would limit the degree of crafting that is possible.

Chiasm

Quote from: elStrages on December 19, 2014, 02:32:12 AM
I had considered it but I didn't want to make the mod too easy. Of all rare resources suddenly became craft able it would loose some of its challenge. I wanted to leave plasteel mineable or taken from enemy corpses. That is unless more people think it should be craftable.
Understandable. I prefer having the option to be completely self sufficient in games like this, even if it adds a lot of labor time. I lucked out in my current game and mined my base straight into a plasteel vein, but I would still prefer it to be craftable somehow. It seems a bit arbitrary to have plasteel be the only un-craftable material (unless there's something I haven't seen yet, not messed with cybernetics).

elStrages

Quote from: kokuto on December 19, 2014, 03:31:25 AM
Presently it does take a prolonged time to be able to manufacture any of the upper tier stuff. Certainly it makes for good challenges but at the same time, I think the standard metal resource being limited on most maps would limit the degree of crafting that is possible.
Well that was the idea, to limit the amount of cybernetics people could just build, so not to have an army of cyborgs haha.

Quote from: Chiasm on December 19, 2014, 07:31:32 AM
Quote from: elStrages on December 19, 2014, 02:32:12 AM
Understandable. I prefer having the option to be completely self sufficient in games like this, even if it adds a lot of labor time. I lucked out in my current game and mined my base straight into a plasteel vein, but I would still prefer it to be craftable somehow. It seems a bit arbitrary to have plasteel be the only un-craftable material (unless there's something I haven't seen yet, not messed with cybernetics).

Its a fair point, I will add it into the game, it not like people 'have' to use it :)

elStrages

Just to let people know, that yesterdays update has been delayed just because I have been super busy, I will try and get it out tonight with some added extras! And sorry for the delay to anyone who was expecting it!

john pretzel

Take your time elStrages, the mod is already fun to play as it is, we can wait  ;)