[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: john pretzel on December 19, 2014, 11:13:25 AM
Take your time elStrages, the mod is already fun to play as it is, we can wait  ;)
Cheers!

Look forward to tonight. Craftable: power armour(biotech table), nanotech armour(robotics table) and cybernetic armour(cybernetics lab) :D as well as plasteel(craftsman bench)

elStrages

Updated to Version 2.3 check the change log for whats been added and such, I hope you enjoy it.
I have a few more ideas in the pipeline that I want in before I start travelling for Christmas, but if there is anything you guys think you would like to see in the MOD just let me know. You all have had great ideas so far :)

john pretzel

Can't wait to try!

Btw, it would be interesting to improve the artwork not only for this mod but for others. Is any design tutorial for sprites here? I would like to try my hand at this.

elStrages

Quote from: john pretzel on December 19, 2014, 06:26:52 PM
Can't wait to try!

Btw, it would be interesting to improve the artwork not only for this mod but for others. Is any design tutorial for sprites here? I would like to try my hand at this.

I'm not too sure. I do all my own spriting, I'm not great but I'm happy with what I have got here. I am getting better, I used to have a friend to do them for me , so I just did you code twisting.

maloi

Great mod, but prices, recipes and amounts of work aren't balanced at all (e.g. nanothread is 12$ when hyperweave is 45$, power armored is made of 50 steel and 10 synthread which is 210$ while it costs 2500$, amount of work is <50 for most things (you need 400 work to craft a duster, but 25 to craft a power armor) etc). IMO you should consider balancing everything before making any further additions or changes.

elStrages

Quote from: maloi on December 19, 2014, 08:36:15 PM
Great mod, but prices, recipes and amounts of work aren't balanced at all (e.g. nanothread is 12$ when hyperweave is 45$, power armored is made of 50 steel and 10 synthread which is 210$ while it costs 2500$, amount of work is <50 for most things (you need 400 work to craft a duster, but 25 to craft a power armor) etc). IMO you should consider balancing everything before making any further additions or changes.

Thanks for he feed back. Your the first person to point it out so thanks :) I will have a look in the original files and build a work and price ration :) again thanks :)

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

elStrages

Quote from: Dragoon on December 20, 2014, 06:09:24 AM
NOOO it's cost a crap ton now isn't it....
he's not on about resource amounts he's in about time to construct and buying prices :)
Edit: I will be lowering prices and increasing construction time.

Kilderon

I kept getting red debug errors when starting a new colony, managed to narrow it down to this mod.

Attached is an image of the debug screen with one of the errors highlighted for more detail. Saved in jpg to meet the storage limits, still seems legible to me if you zoom in, but I can link a better copy if you need it.

EDIT: Fixed the image by cropping out all the unnecessary parts and saving it as a PNG, should be much clearer and easier to read now.

[attachment deleted due to age]

maloi

Quote from: elStrages on December 20, 2014, 06:14:33 AM
he's not on about resource amounts he's in about time to construct and buying prices :)
Well, some recipes sure need an increase in amounts of resources and used labor at the same time (or decrease in price and nerf of stats).

Essentially, if we look at apparel we will see that the market price consists of raw material used in craft and of work put into producing finished item. For example leather duster has market price of 888$, uses 80 leather which is 600$, so you have 288$ of additional price coming from puting 400 units of work thus 1 unit of labor yields an income of 0,72$ and 68% of a price consists of raw material market prices. If you look on the whole apparel list you'll see that labor income is ranging from 0,7$ to 0,9$ per unit and materials being from 67% to 91% of a price.

My guess is that you could use these figures for balancing purposes. I can look some more into this (weapon production which also has different qualities so labor incomes will be pretty different) and provide you with excel tables if you're interested.

Right now you can craft power armor from 50 steel and 10 synthread labor which is 210$ when its' market price is 2500$ + 25 labor units thus resources being 8,4% of price and unit of labor yielding an income of 91,6$, which is ridiculously overpowered as you might have already understood.

Also, craftsman's workbench has a duplicated recipe of carbon fibre.

elStrages

Quote from: Kilderon on December 20, 2014, 07:39:04 AM
I kept getting red debug errors when starting a new colony, managed to narrow it down to this mod.

Attached is an image of the debug screen with one of the errors highlighted for more detail. Saved in jpg to meet the storage limits, still seems legible to me if you zoom in, but I can link a better copy if you need it.

EDIT: Fixed the image by cropping out all the unnecessary parts and saving it as a PNG, should be much clearer and easier to read now.

Those errors will not effect your game, its just if they try to spawn my items on new colonists crashing in, and tbh im not sure how to get rid :)

Quote from: maloi on December 20, 2014, 07:50:35 AM
Quote from: elStrages on December 20, 2014, 06:14:33 AM
Well, some recipes sure need an increase in amounts of resources and used labor at the same time (or decrease in price and nerf of stats).

Essentially, if we look at apparel we will see that the market price consists of raw material used in craft and of work put into producing finished item. For example leather duster has market price of 888$, uses 80 leather which is 600$, so you have 288$ of additional price coming from puting 400 units of work thus 1 unit of labor yields an income of 0,72$ and 68% of a price consists of raw material market prices. If you look on the whole apparel list you'll see that labor income is ranging from 0,7$ to 0,9$ per unit and materials being from 67% to 91% of a price.

My guess is that you could use these figures for balancing purposes. I can look some more into this (weapon production which also has different qualities so labor incomes will be pretty different) and provide you with excel tables if you're interested.

Right now you can craft power armor from 50 steel and 10 synthread labor which is 210$ when its' market price is 2500$ + 25 labor units thus resources being 8,4% of price and unit of labor yielding an income of 91,6$, which is ridiculously overpowered as you might have already understood.

Also, craftsman's workbench has a duplicated recipe of carbon fibre.

Yeah I totally understand what you are saying form your first post. I am in the process of adjusting everything.

I have changed the carbon fibre issue, thanks for that.

The problem with the power armour is the cost of resource to actual worth, I may have to use plasteel to make it instead of as steel is only 2 silver per unit as apposed to 27 per unit, that or have 500 units of steel in a single power armour which is just stupid!

maloi

I guess it wasn't intended to be able to build walls and other stuff from nanomites and ai/processing chips?

elStrages

Quote from: maloi on December 20, 2014, 09:29:52 AM
I guess it wasn't intended to be able to build walls and other stuff from nanomites and ai/processing chips?
Nope haha, thanks for the information, will change the resource type

All these bugs have been changed and will be re uploading in 5, hopefully this will balance a lot of the problems.

maloi

Nanoponics description "The table will grow nanotechnology products, including nanothread and ?!?.".
Cybernatics lab also has some mistakes in description.
Nanotech armour and helmet craft recipes don't show which resources are required, it says "usable ingredients" in every line.

elStrages

Quote from: maloi on December 20, 2014, 10:05:31 AM
Nanoponics description "The table will grow nanotechnology products, including nanothread and ?!?.".
Cybernatics lab also has some mistakes in description.
Nanotech armour and helmet craft recipes don't show which resources are required, it says "usable ingredients" in every line.

Thanks I will have a look, I think today will be a bug fix day lol

EDIT: as for the bottom one, I cant seem to resolve this issue, I may have to change the way the are coded.