[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darcclan

On the topic of feedback, I'd like to note that the stats for the cyber and nano armors are incredibly OP. I'm looking into tweaking the stats, doing things like removing the move speed bonus from the helmet and chest armour (leaving it on greaves), lowering by alot the bonus temp changes (since chest and greaves give temps of 100+C and >100-C temps) removing workspeed bonus from greaves and helmet (leaving on chest). Would be cool to add helmet aiming speed modifier. Also my wife is a 3D artist and I'm having her change the armour textures to look different, changing the nano to be same color for armor and helmet, and changing the cyber armour to a dark grey with green visor (I like green). Also found out why the armor textures aren't in the right spots on pawns, she's fixing that for me now as I write this, seems the placement of the armor in the image was offset to far up and to the right. I can show you with screen shots what the look is now, with a comparison to regular power armor, and to the changes when she's done. If you want we can give the textures to you for use in the mod, it'll be a bit before i can get the screenshots using her changes,

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 11:17:06 AM
On the topic of feedback, I'd like to note that the stats for the cyber and nano armors are incredibly OP. I'm looking into tweaking the stats, doing things like removing the move speed bonus from the helmet and chest armour (leaving it on greaves), lowering by alot the bonus temp changes (since chest and greaves give temps of 100+C and >100-C temps) removing workspeed bonus from greaves and helmet (leaving on chest). Would be cool to add helmet aiming speed modifier. Also my wife is a 3D artist and I'm having her change the armour textures to look different, changing the nano to be same color for armor and helmet, and changing the cyber armour to a dark grey with green visor (I like green). Also found out why the armor textures aren't in the right spots on pawns, she's fixing that for me now as I write this, seems the placement of the armor in the image was offset to far up and to the right. I can show you with screen shots what the look is now, with a comparison to regular power armor, and to the changes when she's done.

Thanks for the feed back, I will change them as said as you have a valid point. As for the sprites, I cant sprite for shit so they are a direct copy from the original game files its just a colour overlay and slap dash of the power armour. if they are off my bad, but im not sure how off they are.

Darcclan

Wife says "you can't just copy paste or it will center it , you need to put dots in the corners and paste then remove the dots", as for how off they are she's almost done, and ill show you comparison shots

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
Wife says "you can't just copy paste or it will center it , you need to put dots in the corners and paste then remove the dots", as for how off they are she's almost done, and ill show you comparison shots

thanks for the tip :) that's highly useful!

Darcclan

Here's the comparison shots, please don't mind the nano armour comparison being a vastly different color, i chose the wrong spawned in chest piece for the changed look, though the helmet is the same one in both shots. For the comparisons the one on the left is the default the one on the right is my wife's changes

[attachment deleted due to age]

elStrages

Oh yeah :) that is quite bad lol
I am going to get them changed now.
my favourite colour is green, I like the visor.. stolen

Darcclan

yea I can provide the changed files if you want, the nano armor is just sharpened and repositioned, the cyber armor is what got a color change as well, you can use the nano ones in photoshop as a layer to reposition the cyber ones. and if you want the same sharpening we just did an unsharpen mask at 100% once (1.4 pixels). Wife's handle is Fisty

Feel free to use my proposed changed textures if you like the visor :), Wife says "he may thinks he sucks at spriteing but he did a good job other than some technical difficulties"

Also I already went ahead and modded my proposed changes to the suit/greaves/helm, all I did was remove temp & workspeed from all but the chest, removed movespeed from all but greaves, and added <AimingDelayFactor>0.2</AimingDelayFactor> for cyber and <AimingDelayFactor>0.1</AimingDelayFactor> for nano. That way they are slight improvements over regular power armor which has that reduction to move speed and work speed, Let me know if you want those too :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 01:06:40 PM
yea I can provide the changed files if you want, the nano armor is just sharpened and repositioned, the cyber armor is what got a color change as well, you can use the nano ones in photoshop as a layer to reposition the cyber ones. and if you want the same sharpening we just did an unsharpen mask at 100% once (1.4 pixels). Wife's handle is Fisty

Feel free to use my proposed changed textures if you like the visor :), Wife says "he may thinks he sucks at spriteing but he did a good job other than some technical difficulties"

Also I already went ahead and modded my proposed changes to the suit/greaves/helm, all I did was remove temp & workspeed from all but the chest, removed movespeed from all but greaves, and added <AimingDelayFactor>0.2</AimingDelayFactor> for cyber and <AimingDelayFactor>0.1</AimingDelayFactor> for nano. That way they are slight improvements over regular power armor which has that reduction to move speed and work speed, Let me know if you want those too :)

Thanks bud, I went through the old sprites and repositioned them, thanks again fella, I will add the mask and have a look :)
And thank you to you and your wife for pointing out my flaws.

Darcclan

yea no problem, glad we could help, its a great mod afterall. BTW if your interested to know, i also noticed that cyber armor was giving -60 temp, i changed it to -45 like the nano and regular power armors, also changed the move speed bonus from the greaves to 1/2 of their original values, because it still felt way to fast with cyber greaves and cyber limbs and exoskeleton you were flying around. Also noticed a bug while testing, if your pawn moves to fast, their texture disappears completely, they become invisible, easiest way to test is use your stock settings and try added 2 cyber legs and exoskeleton while wearing cyber greaves (or helmet or chest armor if you didn't make changes, only one piece is required) then you'll see that once your pawn wakes up they will leave the bed and dissapear, only reappearing when you reload your save (until they move again) or when they sleep in a bed

Darcclan

Sorry i also need to mention to correctly have the bug happen, it has to also do with those implants and clothing while moving on ground that has move speed modifier of 144% (aka fast floors mod), from what I could gather if you move at >11cms and walk on floor that's 144% you disappear until reload, and even then if you ever walk on that floor again you go back to being invisible.

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 01:54:19 PM
yea no problem, glad we could help, its a great mod afterall. BTW if your interested to know, i also noticed that cyber armor was giving -60 temp, i changed it to -45 like the nano and regular power armors, also changed the move speed bonus from the greaves to 1/2 of their original values, because it still felt way to fast with cyber greaves and cyber limbs and exoskeleton you were flying around. Also noticed a bug while testing, if your pawn moves to fast, their texture disappears completely, they become invisible, easiest way to test is use your stock settings and try added 2 cyber legs and exoskeleton while wearing cyber greaves (or helmet or chest armor if you didn't make changes, only one piece is required) then you'll see that once your pawn wakes up they will leave the bed and dissapear, only reappearing when you reload your save (until they move again) or when they sleep in a bed

Glad you like it! and I wanted the temperature to be lower. so that will stay, as for the speed, I had tested a bit but didn't with all the extra limbs, good should I will half them if it is causing problems!.  Btw you have been  very helpful so you will be going into the description with a few other people as key testers :)

Darcclan

Ok, this is really hard to figure out just whats causing this, I still think its a max speed thing, but I just realised that the greaves are getting multiplied by the moving stat, so the +2 greaves are becoming +4 with things like legs+exo+cybersuit enhancements. looking at the code it seems you accedently made the armors of cyber all have 2.0 rather then 0.20

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 02:19:08 PM
Ok, this is really hard to figure out just whats causing this, I still think its a max speed thing, but I just realised that the greaves are getting multiplied by the moving stat, so the +2 greaves are becoming +4 with things like legs+exo+cybersuit enhancements. looking at the code it seems you accedently made the armors of cyber all have 2.0 rather then 0.20
yeah I had put that in it wasn't a mistake, I didn't realise I would case a massive issue, I have chanced them to .5 and .8 consecutively now

Anyways time to bath and feed my son, I will be back a bit later on tonight to continue improving and changing any more faults haha

Darcclan

I think you should keep it to what you had before with nano being .1 and cyber being what it should of .2, because using your .8 someone without any implants who starts at 4.53c/s then goes 5.33c/s with the greaves, but someone with cyberlegs (both) & exoskeleton & cybernetic suit who now has a 10.65c/s (which is ridiculously fast, probably already to fast), then wears the greaves goes 12.49c/s, which now doesn't cause the invis bug, but becomes almost 300% move speed of default, if anything all that implanting and buffs from gear should be at most 200%, because this is also not taking into account the floor. At least the greaves at .2 it becomes 11.11c/s (for reference, norbal boots give +0.02, which can also be worn at the same time), I changed exoskeleton to .2 for both manipulation and moving, and the nano arms and legs to .25 instead of .3 and cyber legs and arms to .3 instead of .4, this change just so happens to bring the max upgrade to moving and manipulation to 200% when using both legs(and arms) and exoskeleton and cybersuit

elStrages

Yeah that was my plan originally to have cyber to max at 200% but then I forgot to take into account the cybernetic suit and exoskeleton add in different places once the cyber Eco suit cows in I will have to reduce the standard Eco down a bit more I think to give some clarity. As well as the nano suit. I was goi to do the mast when I got back to it but thanks for beating me to the punch haha!