[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darcclan

well glad i could help with that. seems my tweaks work out for the better, here's my changed files I changed the armor to the things i mentioned before (i put back the -60 on the cyber), the cyber greaves to .2 and and left the nano at .1, and changed the arms and legs from .3 and .4 to .25 and .3 and the exoskeleton from .3 to .2 on both manipulation and moving

[attachment deleted due to age]

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 03:09:28 PM
well glad i could help with that. seems my tweaks work out for the better, here's my changed files I changed the armor to the things i mentioned before (i put back the -60 on the cyber), the cyber greaves to .2 and and left the nano at .1, and changed the arms and legs from .3 and .4 to .25 and .3 and the exoskeleton to .2 for both from .3
Ahh thanks for that dude! You didn't have to my mess and all. But I appreciate the help!

Also out of curiosity what is your display driver?

Darcclan

my graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan and my driver is 344.11

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 03:18:41 PM
my graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan and my driver is 344.11

Christ planning on seeing into the future are we. :D

I also got rid of he colour changer on the nanotech armour and went for a nice shade of in your face red :P you may want to back up your sprites if you want them, in the next release lol. I will probably release later once I have finished with some bits. I'm not sure what to ad next, tomorrow will be the last update before xmas.

Darcclan

Oh i forgot to mention, dunno if you noticed/fixed this but the cybernetic arms, they show up as nanotech arms in the item description on the physical item and on traders, only way to tell them apart is checking the stats, they show up correctly on the health tab though (once installed)

elStrages

Quote from: Darcclan on December 20, 2014, 03:33:32 PM
Oh i forgot to mention, dunno if you noticed/fixed this but the cybernetic arms, they show up as nanotech arms in the item description on the physical item and on traders, only way to tell them apart is checking the stats, they show up correctly on the health tab though (once installed)

nice spot, changed ;)

john pretzel

Elstrages, what can I do in the jaffa mod to be able to implant human organs in this race? I inserted the recipe content from your mod in this mod, file jaffa race xml in defs with all options you made but human organs don't show up in the list.

maloi

Your code for stomach :
- <BodyPartDef>
  <defName>Stomach</defName>
  <label>Stomach</label>
  <health>10</health>
  <oldInjuryBaseChance>1</oldInjuryBaseChance>
  <skinCovered>false</skinCovered>
  <useDestroyedOutLabel>true</useDestroyedOutLabel>
- <activities>
  <li>Sight_source</li>
I guess it's kinda wrong in the end

elStrages

Quote from: maloi on December 20, 2014, 04:49:31 PM
Your code for stomach :
- <BodyPartDef>
  <defName>Stomach</defName>
  <label>Stomach</label>
  <health>10</health>
  <oldInjuryBaseChance>1</oldInjuryBaseChance>
  <skinCovered>false</skinCovered>
  <useDestroyedOutLabel>true</useDestroyedOutLabel>
- <activities>
  <li>Sight_source</li>
I guess it's kinda wrong in the end

Old Code copy and not change trick lol, its not a sight source haha, thanks for the spot I deleted it, maybe that was the problem.

elStrages

Quote from: john pretzel on December 20, 2014, 04:32:54 PM
Elstrages, what can I do in the jaffa mod to be able to implant human organs in this race? I inserted the recipe content from your mod in this mod, file jaffa race xml in defs with all options you made but human organs don't show up in the list.

I will have a quick look to see whats going on.

Edit:  Yeah that should have done the trick, I cant see why it wouldn't have worked unless it something to do with the mod order or mode distribution. I can only suggest maybe merging the mods.

elStrages

v2.35 - Bugs fixed and balances made!
Just want to ay thanks to everyone who has been a help in the last day or two especially (Darcclan, john pretzel, maloi) as the ideas and flow of information has been very useful.
I hope you enjoy the new and improved version and I hope to add more content tomorrow, after which I will be putting the mod down till probably after xmas. I may have a few days of adding stuff in but it wont be released till maybe the new year. Im going to be super busy moving around the country seeing family.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and Happy Gaming!

john pretzel

Great progress! Balancing is a very important part.. so it's good to hear.

I made some tests regarding human parts and it seems that natural parts can't be installed, in any case (I kept on humans, new games, quick tests). Bionic, cybernetic and nano parts are fine, they show up in the list to put. Also, I saw that besides the stomach, the bionic/etc jaw can be installed in its slot - this was verified in edb's prepare carefully colonist parts menu.

So, it was your option to keep it like this? It's a path to go, so that human organs just be used for selling, but not to put back. (I wish it could be used to replace other colonists bad parts, Frankenstein style!)

Anyway, enjoy your family visits and the time spent with them!  ;)

elStrages

Cheers bud.

Well I may have forgotten to add in a medical recipe for them lol. I will look and see today. I do have some content I want to add. Some final bits to smooth out progression in some areas :)

Possibly mg last day at it so make sure you let me know if you want anything else in.

PapaDookie

i'm having issues with the nanoponics table not having any recipes in it. ie can't grow nanovine :/

elStrages

Quote from: PapaDookie on December 21, 2014, 07:26:38 AM
i'm having issues with the nanoponics table not having any recipes in it. ie can't grow nanovine :/

just doubled checked the release code and its fine, i'm not sure what the problem could be. I can only suggest re-downloading it and over writing the install.