[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaymonCZ

elStrages

Quote from: SaymonCZ on December 24, 2014, 03:26:14 PM
I cant do the operations on the Norbals and Jaffas :(
This is because they have anew human pawn class in the XML files. Unless you open them up and add in the operations you never will be able too. Sorry

Dragoon

-snip-

with those mods are you still able to do surgery on your colonists?
(like installing body parts)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

palandus

How do I make nanothread? I can't seem to grow it in Hydroponic Beds (unless I'm missing a research)

elStrages

Quote from: palandus on December 26, 2014, 01:39:42 AM
How do I make nanothread? I can't seem to grow it in Hydroponic Beds (unless I'm missing a research)

As long as it has power should automatically grow. If not some mods have randomly been effecting mine and I can only ask to try a new game with my mod to see if it's mine that's broken.

Exe19

Quote from: palandus on December 26, 2014, 01:39:42 AM
Use Nanoponics :)

elStrages

I see what they are saying now. Yes it has it's own growing bed. It an electronically cybernetic plant :D

Dragoon

It's so weird this the the only mod i cant install stuff with I tested it out with the others.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Match

Quote from: elStrages on December 25, 2014, 08:16:38 AM
This is because they have anew human pawn class in the XML files. Unless you open them up and add in the operations you never will be able too. Sorry

Which XML would I need to edit? I'm attempting to edit this now.

*Edit* Nvm found it. Norbals.xml Races_Humonoid.xml. For anyone else wanting this. Replace the norbals.xml file in the norbals thingdefs folder with this one.

[attachment deleted due to age]

olvido

i was testing a full cyber-colonist and then become invisible "only reporting"

elStrages

Quote from: olvido on December 27, 2014, 12:18:42 AM
i was testing a full cyber-colonist and then become invisible "only reporting"

Well not invincible they can still go down to a lot of mech fire but when you get to a 3000 point mechanoid raid you will need them plus to have all you colonists in full cybernetic you have either played for 10 game years or cheated :D it's a lot of time and resource.

SaymonCZ

And how do I do that?

Match

Quote from: SaymonCZ on December 27, 2014, 01:36:39 PM
And how do I do that?

For the Norbals, you can download my attachment just 3 post above this. Unzip it, and drag it to the norbal's thingdef folder. If you're looking to do the code yourself, look at the Races_Humonoid.xml in cybernetic storm to get the operation list.

palandus

Liking most of the stuff for this mod. However, I cannot install cybernetic body parts. Not sure on Bionic or Nanotech stuff, but I have a Cybernetic Lung that cannot be installed into anyone (even my original 3 colonists from the start) and I have 2 colonists with 12 in Medicine, so they should be able to install it... right?

elStrages

Quote from: palandus on December 27, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
Liking most of the stuff for this mod. However, I cannot install cybernetic body parts. Not sure on Bionic or Nanotech stuff, but I have a Cybernetic Lung that cannot be installed into anyone (even my original 3 colonists from the start) and I have 2 colonists with 12 in Medicine, so they should be able to install it... right?
Yeah they should. I feel like there is some confliction wih other mods. As when I play 2.4 on my own with no other mods I can install everything I have played it through completely with each part to make sure.