[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palandus

Well, the other mods do not touch bionics or bodyparts at all, so I dunno what the conflict could be; all the rest of the mod works though, including all the crafting benches and crafting recipes, as well as the armor, though the pants item is spelled "greaves".

palandus

Okay, I think I found the problem, and I think you were right it was a mod conflict. After searching through my personal mod, I noticed I had edited races_humaniod.xml, which seems to be the file that your mod uses to ensure that humans can all receive your implants. And as mine is edited, they likely conflict.

My apologies for considering your mod to be the problem.

elStrages

It's absolutely fine fella, it could well have been my mod so is cool. As for the greave/ pants issue. A grieve was a piece of leg armour in medieval time. Pants is a 20th century American term for trousers :) and being British I'm just adding a little of the empire back into your lives haha

palandus

Yes, but its spelled Greaves. Dictionary says the definition of Greaves is a medieval leg armor. Anywho...

Nanotech Armor only protects Neck, Torso and Left Shoulder. Found out this issue when I couldn't wear Glittertech's Reactive Suit with your Nanotech Armor, when you can use the Reactive suit with Power Armor and Glittertech's Nano Suit. Reactive Suit for reference only uses Torso and Neck slots.

elStrages

Ok cool I will have a look at it. I will either cover everything or the same as the power armour. I will see what balances better.

Utherix

Oh man... the exoskeleton is awesome. Definitely the best melee weapon in the game I think. (mastercrafted weapons may be stronger? Not that they use them in Alpha 8 with a bionic installed).

You may want to check and see if its balanced. Also I would recommended increasing the price of nano and cyber armor by like 50%. It's a bit too easy to get them from enemies, or buy them with silver, in my opinion.

Dragoon

it's like 4000 - 5000 from traders and not all traders have it. (also i have not encountered anyone wearing that armor)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Utherix

Quote from: Dragoon on January 01, 2015, 06:04:32 PM
it's like 4000 - 5000 from traders and not all traders have it. (also i have not encountered anyone wearing that armor)

In my game bandit group and combat or exotic goods trader has at least one piece of cyber armor. And 5000 is like selling all the gear from one medium sized bandit group. so yes, it is easy to get.

Dragoon

what is your highest social skill (some prices are based on skill + the trader themselves)
,because I've never gotten that much from selling all of the bandit equipment and has anyone encountered bandits with that armor? I ask because I have played (and manged to win a few) many games and never encountered anyone with that armor before.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

palandus

Legitimately? No. Modding factions so that they can have more expensive apparel on them, then yes I have found them wearing Cybernetic Helmets and Cybernetic Armor.

Considering making nanothread grow faster. Its what... 7+ days to grow some, and those growth beds aren't cheap to build and they require power. Alternatively have them produce far more thread when they are finally fully grown (particularly as they don't grow during the night).

I like the sternum and spine bionics you added. Though a torso bionic would also be great.

Utherix

I meant the leg armor. They always spawn with 1 or 2 nano or cyber greaves. I think I have seen one or two with helmets but I could be misremembering.

Dragoon

I've never seen anyone of them with leg armor either (I've seen some with charge rifles and stuff )

Oxidus

Could you post more pics of Colonists wearing exoskeleton?Because i have extended surgery and bionics mod and it seems they are in conflict so i want to see if it  makes sense to download.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Utherix

Quote from: Dragoon on January 02, 2015, 03:56:27 AM
I've never seen anyone of them with leg armor either (I've seen some with charge rifles and stuff )

Well the way the raiders work as I understand it, they get a random amount of silver and buy what they can afford. In vanilla, the most expensive things they can buy is power armor. So if a mod introduces expensive items, they will have less power armor because they have more to choose from. Making cyber and nano items more expensive will stop making power armor so rare on raiders because they will never be able to afford it (like they can't afford the actual Nanotech and Cyber "Armor/Shirt" items). In my game I've only had 2 power armors drop from raiders, and over a dozen nano/cyber items.

Utherix

Quote from: Oxidus on January 02, 2015, 07:00:17 AM
Could you post more pics of Colonists wearing exoskeleton?Because i have extended surgery and bionics mod and it seems they are in conflict so i want to see if it  makes sense to download.
Those mods don't play nice together because they offer different ways to make the same items, but have a different work bench and research tree.

Exoskeleton replaces the spine, though.