[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxidus

Oh..I thought that Exoskeleton is something like Nanosuit or Exoskeletons from COD AW.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

elStrages

Quote from: Oxidus on January 02, 2015, 10:53:37 AM
Oh..I thought that Exoskeleton is something like Nanosuit or Exoskeletons from COD AW.
That was the idea about it. Although it's not an apparel it's fixed to the spine location and adds a melee ability.

Quote from: palandus on January 01, 2015, 10:38:22 PM
Considering making nanothread grow faster. Its what... 7+ days to grow some, and those growth beds aren't cheap to build and they require power. Alternatively have them produce far more thread when they are finally fully grown (particularly as they don't grow during the night).
I already have lowered the time and increase the amount received. I do not intent to do these again. It gives a realistic time frame based on other in game plants. As it stands I am happy with the way it plays.

Quote from: Utherix on January 01, 2015, 06:01:12 PM
Oh man... the exoskeleton is awesome. Definitely the best melee weapon in the game I think. (mastercrafted weapons may be stronger? Not that they use them in Alpha 8 with a bionic installed).

You may want to check and see if its balanced. Also I would recommended increasing the price of nano and cyber armor by like 50%. It's a bit too easy to get them from enemies, or buy them with silver, in my opinion.
I felt it may need lowering and I did when I added the cyber skeleton, but maybe they need lowering again. As for the prices. They are based off of the construction material cost plus 10% roughly. If I increase the price I would need to increase all construction materials for the armour. I will look into it maybe that's what needs to be done.

Dragoon

Can you put a poll for lowering if you decide your going to so people can vote on it? (or vote against it)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

elStrages

Quote from: Dragoon on January 02, 2015, 08:13:53 PM
Can you put a poll for lowering if you decide your going to so people can vote on it? (or vote against it)
I'm assuming you are on about plant growth time. I suppose I could put one up. I will look into it today.

Dragoon

Quote from: elStrages on January 03, 2015, 04:16:00 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on January 02, 2015, 08:13:53 PM
I'm assuming you are on about plant growth time. I suppose I could put one up. I will look into it today.

no for the cyber armor.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Oxidus

Hey,Im just choosing if i stay with advanced bionics and surgery or should i choose this so i ask...Does this mod have Same things like in bionics and surgery?Does this mod have even more things?Those two mods are conflicting so i need help.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Utherix

Quote from: Oxidus on January 03, 2015, 05:28:27 AM
Hey,Im just choosing if i stay with advanced bionics and surgery or should i choose this so i ask...Does this mod have Same things like in bionics and surgery?Does this mod have even more things?Those two mods are conflicting so i need help.

This one has more bionics and has new armor instead of allowing vat-grown organs.

elStrages

Quote from: Dragoon on January 03, 2015, 05:10:03 AM

no for the cyber armor.

Oh what lowering the price. That will not happen as I have explained above. It's the cost of materials plus 10%

palandus

Well, if people don't like the changes, they can always modify the files in the mod for their personal tastes. I for one hate waiting forever for Nanothread, so I'll just modify the growthper20kticks for my game. In my game I use a frack-ton of Nanothread, as I use it to not only make all the cybernetic stuff, but also clothing as well.

OH hey, here is an idea:

Nanobot-Healing.

What this would do is cause all wounds, scars, and damaged limbs to heal over time. This would eventually cure things like bad-back and cataracts, help a person fight off diseases, and even heal scars such that the scars and the negatives go away... this is even better than a bionic to replace the torso... Whatcha think?

Dragoon

Quote from: elStrages on January 03, 2015, 02:04:36 PM
Oh what lowering the price. That will not happen as I have explained above. It's the cost of materials plus 10%

YAY!!!!

elStrages

Quote from: palandus on January 03, 2015, 03:37:06 PM
OH hey, here is an idea:

Nanobot-Healing.

What this would do is cause all wounds, scars, and damaged limbs to heal over time. This would eventually cure things like bad-back and cataracts, help a person fight off diseases, and even heal scars such that the scars and the negatives go away... this is even better than a bionic to replace the torso... Whatcha think?

This was one of the original concepts of the mod. The Nanomites implant. But it soon became apparent that the healing system is just wierd and you would need to make dlls and stuff which is a little out of my remit.

palandus

Well I've not checked it out myself, but would having the nanomites produce the equivalent of the "bandaged" effect on any wound at any time, and thus would cause you to heal you back to full health. So, with even old scars, the theory would be that by applying the "bandaged" effect to the scar, it should cause it to heal the scar.

elStrages

maybe, I'm not sure where this effect would be gained from though, whether its a medicine trait, gained from the skill of the doctor or is a check option on the character profile. or all three.

palandus

Well, I took some time to compile a list of things that might be useful to you from the source files for the nanobot healing idea.
Legend: FOLDER -> XML -> stuff "comment"

BodyPartDefs -> BodyParts -> OldInjuryChanceBase

DamageTypeDefs -> BaseDamageTypes -> HealGlobalInjury, RestoringBodyPart

HealthDiffDefs -> HealthDiffs_... -> <naturallyhealed> "found in all the HealthDiffs_ files"

HealthDiffDefs -> HealthDiffs_Injuries = <becomeOldchance> "to become a scar", <bleeding> "likeliness of bleeding or amount of bleeding", <treatedWellLabel>, <innerTreatedWellLabel>, <solidTreatedWellLabel>

HealthDiffDefs -> HealthDiffs_misc -> <healedByNormalTreatment>

JobDefs -> Jobs_Misc -> HealPatient

SkillDefs -> Skills -> Medicine

StatDefs -> Stats_Pawns_Medical -> "basically everything listed here may or may not be useful"

StatDefs -> Stat_BasicsNonPawn-> MedicalPotency "how powerful medicine is"

ThingDefs -> Buildings_Furniture -> <bed_HealTickInterval> "lower value means they heal much faster"

ThingDefs -> Items_Resources -> MedicalPotency "each Medicine item has MedicalPotency"

WorkGiverDefs -> WorkGivers -> DoctorEmergencyHeal, DoctorHeal

WorkTypeDefs -> WorkTypes -> Doctor

I hope some of this stuff helps.

john pretzel

Great idea. A bit op, but could be balanced with a high price to get.

Anyone remembers stargate atlantis and the nanite deal? They also cured, if I'm not mistaken  :) very advanced stuff on the blood stream