[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shardey

Greetings.

After having played a few games with this mod, I have to say I like it a lot. There is lots to do, and always upgrades to make. Stuff is expensive enough so that all the colonists won't be turned into mechanical monsters immediately, which is great.

I always make sure I have specialized colonists around, and go with one full time skilled researcher at about 8 colonists.

A couple of observations:
- The nano fusion power technology becomes available for research at the same as nanotech, which is practically required to make any use of nano fusion power (The powerplant requires nanomites). It should probably have a prerequisite nanotech, just for the clarity since you can't use it without nanotech anyway.
- If you don't immediately upon landing start a big field of devilstrand, you will be severely slowed down on being able to build any nanotech, leading to the main concern I have: Nanotech is practically skipped completely every time.
- Skipping nanotech also allows you to use the saved up devilstrands (hyperweave) for cybernetic armors, which is probably an intended feature. It does promote the player skipping nanotech though.

All in all a great mod, and I'll be glad to see it improved even more in the future!

Dragoon

I have found out I found that using ANY mod that adds a new factions (even the halo one) causes conflict with this mod is there anything you can do to fix this ?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Dragoon on January 10, 2015, 03:04:52 PM
I have found out I found that using ANY mod that adds a new factions (even the halo one) causes conflict with this mod is there anything you can do to fix this ?

Ok, I play with literraly every mod who add a new faction and I can't add arm, leg, etc ...... I can harvest them but can't put them back so it's maybe because of that. I will continue to play with surgery extended waiting for this fix but i really prefer Cybernetic Storm over surgery extended.

Edit : Ok, I just tried to desactivate all my mod and just keep core and cybernetic storm and nothing change o-O I can harvest leg, arm, stomach, etc ... but can't install anything. yes, I restarted my game, created a new world, colonie, etc ...

john pretzel

The only compatible mod with other races is the natural surgery, which adds brain, nose and ear interventions.

If Arrean makes this compatible with natural surgery, and Elstrages mods it to welcome the other races (jaffas, norbals and rimtroopers) we could get the complete package.

Dragoon

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 10, 2015, 03:32:17 PM
Edit : Ok, I just tried to desactivate all my mod and just keep core and cybernetic storm and nothing change o-O I can harvest leg, arm, stomach, etc ... but can't install anything. yes, I restarted my game, created a new world, colonie, etc ...

try reinstalling cybernetic core ,also what order did you do that in? ( I mean did you restart game then make a new colony ,world etc? I ask because I had the same problem before I had any mods and reinstalling seemed to help for some reason) OH and you can keep both on you just won't be able to install form cybernetic storm the other mod works no problem with it on for me anyway.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Dragoon on January 11, 2015, 02:15:40 AM
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 10, 2015, 03:32:17 PM

try reinstalling cybernetic core ,also what order did you do that in? ( I mean did you restart game then make a new colony ,world etc? I ask because I had the same problem before I had any mods and reinstalling seemed to help for some reason) OH and you can keep both on you just won't be able to install form cybernetic storm the other mod works no problem with it on for me anyway.

When I enter in the mod menu, I always restart my game just after. And after that, I created the world, colonie, start my game and I can harvest body part but can't install anything.
I will try to re install it.

elStrages

Hi guys sorry for the log delay in a reply, but I have been very busy with work.
As for all your thoughts I have taken them on board and will try to solve them as appropriate.
Bellow is my list of things that need to be resolved and/or changed and several answers to queries.

1: exoskeleton & cyberskeleton strength
- Will be lowered to make it game compatible.

2: Nanothread grow time
- will be reduced

3: Cybernetic armour price
- will not be lowered in game

4: Grieves
- will try to lower frequency of drop. or lower price.

5:  nanomite implant
- will try to add to the mod to increasing healing effects.

6: cybernetic storm" and "natural surgery
- Not compatible as far as im aware

7: Out of bounds spawn -1000 -1000 -1000
- im not sure why it is doing that, I have had the problem for a while, still looking for the fix.

8: Cybernetic nose jaw and brain.
- yes yes no

9: Nanotech jaw and nose recipes
- the items are in the game, im unsure why these aren't working, will look into it.

10: nanofusion technology order
- will have nanotech as a prerequisite to solve the issue.

11: devilstrand demand from nanotech
Quote from: Shardey on January 09, 2015, 08:49:32 PM
- If you don't immediately upon landing start a big field of devilstrand, you will be severely slowed down on being able to build any nanotech, leading to the main concern I have: Nanotech is practically skipped completely every time.
- Skipping nanotech also allows you to use the saved up devilstrands (hyperweave) for cybernetic armors, which is probably an intended feature. It does promote the player skipping nanotech though.
- Changed Plasteel recipe to use synthread instead of hyperweave also changes implant resources to synthread too

12: faction compatibility
- each faction will need to be specifically added to my mod.  as such I will collaborate with each personal mod maker that has made a faction to add them into my mod, but there may be issues with this, but I shouldn't se it being a problem. the mod order loader will be necessary if this is done.

13: Modular Hydroponics table
- This will be added in as I get time to implement it.

14: Nanotech Jaw installation
- Needs looking at to see why it will not install

Thanks for all the kind comments, and I will be getting back into the mod in the next week or so.
Again I am sorry for the long delays and I will strive to solve the issues in a timely manor.

palandus

The Nanotech Nose and Jaw simply lack a recipe to make them, that's all. If you check all the benches in the XML, you'll notice no recipe for either of them.

Also, for some weird reason, I cannot install the nanotech jaw; might want to look into that as well.

As for the demand for Nanotech stuff requiring Hyperweave and Devilstrand, that comes from the Audio and Visual Implants, and the Nanotech Brain. Both of these require hyperweave, and your recipe for hyperweave requires devilstrand. Additionally, your Plasteel recipe requires Hyperweave, and as almost everything in your mod requires Plasteel, this means that you must grow devilstrand. Also, as the advanced Nano Brain or Advanced Implants require the previous level stuff, then it also requires hyperweave. And as the Nanotech Brain and the Implants are very valuable to use (even if you normally only use Cybernetic or Nanotech level stuff) so you need a readily available supply of hyperweave to get these things. And as most people get these bionic type mods for the issue of brain injuries, people will want to get the Nanotech Brains.

Instead of using the annoying devilstrand, how about you use synthread with xerigium, or something else. Devilstrand just takes forever to grow (believe a single mushroom produces 2-4 devilstrand once every 30 days or so). And a crop blight, or a cold snap can kill off devilstrand crops right quick in a hurry.

Instead of lowering the price of Greaves, you could always increase the materials required to build them, and thus reduce the amount of extra value you get from selling them.

elStrages

Recipes done.

Jaw I will look at

I see the demand now: Changed Plasteel recipe to use synthread instead of hyperweave also changes implant resources to synthread too

I have lowered the frequency of all my armour used by foes

elStrages

MOD updated to v3.1 I have added in some new content! mostly factions :D I hope everyone enjoys, I have fixed a few things and condicted rebalances.
Full new game needed to play

HBKRKO619

Thank you elStrages, I hope it will fix my problem of installing bodypart on pawn.

Mihsan

Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Dragoon

theubie

For being a full year old, this mod is amazing.  You are the most amazing modder ever for writing a mod back in January of 2014 that works with a version of this game that wasn't written until 2015!  (Just giving you a hard time for your date in your title, man.)  ;)

elStrages

Quote from: Dragoon on January 13, 2015, 10:51:01 AM
Cool! Will you be adding the halo faction as well?
I guess so, I didn't realise there was one, I had only added the ones listed, but I will ad HALO faction in the next update.

Quote from: theubie on January 13, 2015, 10:52:37 AM
For being a full year old, this mod is amazing.  You are the most amazing modder ever for writing a mod back in January of 2014 that works with a version of this game that wasn't written until 2015!  (Just giving you a hard time for your date in your title, man.)  ;)
Woops haha I am that good ;) updated to the correct date.

Quote from: Mihsan on January 13, 2015, 07:56:21 AM
OMG, my eyes hurt from that preview. I'm not joking.
What preview, the image? bad hurt or good hurt?