[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pktongrimworld

Quote from: palandus on January 13, 2015, 06:18:16 PM
You could probably delete those faction files, and thus not have them in your game.

*just wondering if its safe to XD

elStrages

Quote from: pktongrimworld on January 13, 2015, 06:13:31 PM
is there a way to install the mod and not have changes/addition to the factions?

*likes your gear and stuff and all, but vikings and stormtroopers.... would love them to be optional*
The factions are optional. They come with the mod but you still have to enable the factions you want to play. If you don't enable them. They won't be in the game simples :)

xanatosxan

Awesome, thank you. This means that I have to tweak the trooplers again so they don't leave their guns at home and bum rush my fortified turrets again ,though. :D Apparently their guns conflict with one of the other mods I have installed.

elStrages

Quote from: xanatosxan on January 13, 2015, 08:47:15 PM
Awesome, thank you. This means that I have to tweak the trooplers again so they don't leave their guns at home and bum rush my fortified turrets again ,though. :D Apparently their guns conflict with one of the other mods I have installed.
Strange is this a known bug? If so I will edit my files too so

Avtomatik

will the new factions replace standard ones or will they be added on top of 'normal ones', so 8 factions instead of 5 in vanilla?

elStrages

Quote from: Avtomatik on January 14, 2015, 08:46:55 AM
will the new factions replace standard ones or will they be added on top of 'normal ones', so 8 factions instead of 5 in vanilla?
The three factions are addition content you can choose to active in the mods list if you wish, they are factions made by other moders and are edited by me to make then compatible with cybernetic storms implant system. If you play cybernetic storm and want these actions in your game, then you need to only add my ripped versions and remove the original creators versions.   

Avtomatik

Quote from: elStrages on January 14, 2015, 09:48:23 AM
Quote from: Avtomatik on January 14, 2015, 08:46:55 AM
The three factions are addition content you can choose to active in the mods list if you wish, they are factions made by other moders and are edited by me to make then compatible with cybernetic storms implant system. If you play cybernetic storm and want these actions in your game, then you need to only add my ripped versions and remove the original creators versions.

I understand that part, my question is, if I add those 3 factions and create a new game, will there be 5 standard factions + those 3, or will 3 of them replace 3 standard factions?
I would start a new game and try for myself (its a one minute job), its just right now I don't have access to a computer that can run rimworld (sad but true)

elStrages

Daracke

Hey there mate, I got a quick question. I guess for whatever reason, the various factions (or at least just the jaffa) aren't able to be cremated.I got the bills in the crematorium and a crafter and all that jazz. Is there something in an xml file somewhere I can add to make the corpses crematable?

elStrages

Quote from: Daracke on January 14, 2015, 11:31:59 AM
Hey there mate, I got a quick question. I guess for whatever reason, the various factions (or at least just the jaffa) aren't able to be cremated.I got the bills in the crematorium and a crafter and all that jazz. Is there something in an xml file somewhere I can add to make the corpses crematable?
Was this the case in the original faction documents too as I haven't changed anything to so with cremating. I cant say being te original developer of the facion whether or not they were ever crematable.

Berengar

Hmm i think that is because the rimtroopers, and the jaffas using new races. Will take an look on that for the next update.

elStrages

EDIT: Post irrelevant and removed.

Daracke

Quote from: elStrages on January 14, 2015, 01:31:57 PM
I have found the fix needed:
The problem with this fix is it edits man core files, as there is no other way to add a creatable ability to game, unless you create a crematorium for each specific race.

you need to find the Recipes_cremation.xml in (rimworld folder)\Mods\Core\Defs\RecipeDefs
Search this:
     <thingDefs>
        <li>Human_Corpse</li>
     </thingDefs>

Add in this, then depending on what factions you are using delete as appropriate:
     <thingDefs>
        <li>Human_Corpse</li>
<li>Jaffa_Corpse</li> <!-- Delete as appropriate -->
<li>Stormtroopler_Corpse</li> <!-- Delete as appropriate -->
        <li>Norbal_Corpse</li> <!-- Delete as appropriate -->
     </thingDefs>

Thanks again, I know it wasn't a huge problem, but I figured I should say something! Thanks for the quick turn around :)

Hargut

Meh anyone can tell me where i can make Cybernetics ?

I just see i can make nano stuff, but not cyber stuff >D